1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Screenshot_20200326-143749_Twitter.jpg

#4381 Houstunna, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. omgTHEpotential

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

HEB is always well prepared.

5. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

NYCity government totally unprepared , thats why New York State governor took over , (but still) . One word CORRUPTION. Other than that .... Just speechless. I left NYC 6 years ago, and since then City is like 3 world country. Going on business in New York City once a week,but not right now. It is all political, one explanation City is run by people who don’t live in a City. So this is what’s going on, about food it’s still available, thermometer is not even available in New Jersey, that’s where I reside. 55 miles away , what is quite short distance for us around this city. My almost entire neighborhood work in New York, so from last week Friday 0 cases we are +44 in a matter of 5 days.

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@B-Bob mentioned this the other day...

Richie_Rich, JeeberD, Yung-T and 10 others like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good to know my sources are valid, at least in this case. I'm going to listen in to a big conference call on COVID research this afternoon, and I'll see what I can share.

We will need further fundamental science and medical engineering miracles.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz HEB more prepared than our own government. Aside from selling off stocks. Govt got you THERE, HEB. Maybe next time.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't understand people, sometimes. Disclaimer: I'm not religious, but imo, you can practice your faith through a virtual conference call. It's not going to make you any less faithless than physically stepping foot inside a church.

If churches open up, that's really bad - the people that want to go, will do so. The people that don't want to go, will also do so because they'll feel the guilt of not going. And boom, more infections.

Not trying to bring up discussions of D&D regarding faith / spirituality or anything like that, but this should be common sense.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
    I have a friend whose sister has lupus and was told hydroxychloroquine was being "saved" (may not be the exact term) for COVID use, so she wouldn't be able to get her prescription refilled immediately. By some stroke of luck, their pharmacy got a shipment or something, and she was able to get it filled.

This is an example of how catching and spreading this disease affects others who may not have it, btw.

11. omgTHEpotential

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We're closing in on Italy for the second seed!

USA USA USA USA

13. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

No Worries, Mazulis and Bandwagoner like this.
  14. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

And we only testing very sick , and celebrities , we will be leaders, and no one will catch up with us.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Need to send this info to Donnie. Not sure he would even understand what it means anyway.

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

So does Italy. :( More and more people even in Lombardy that has the strictest lockdown get sick . These are not mild cases or asymptomatic.

The damn incubation period is just that long. Only the average is 5 days but for many is up to 14 days. They were locked down only on 10 March and many people were still going to their jobs.

Anyway all these numbers are very approximate. The most reliable is the deaths but even those have different realibility for different countries.

In Italy there are many hundreds who have died in their houses and aren't counted. Same in Spain.

Same in France but the people are now demanding to have them included.

Germany who is doing half a million tests a week, and isn't overwhelmed also isn't reliable.
    They don't test corpses and if someone had something else they give the COD as the other cause for example heart disease.

I won't even begin to talk about Japan.:rolleyes:

Yung-T likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

In some months from now it's also likely all the lupus patients will be swimming in chloroqinue.
    Countries even may have to donate it to some African and South American countries.

The emphasis on chloroqinue by every country who is rushing to get it is basically because it is cheap. It is not because it has proven to be that effective.
    If the cure is one of the other options well..you will have to be rich to get a cure.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

[​IMG]

20. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

How effective will this fabric be?