1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should China compensate the deceased?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Link? Stats? Opinion, perhaps?

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

When is the US going to compensate all the African Americans for Slavery?

When will we get our 40 acres and a mule?

T_Man

MightyMog likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Accountability - something the Trump administration knows nothing about.

You can worry about where the virus originated, and giving it a name that helps pass the buck, but the fact is the virus is here, and we let a few months go by letting that problem fester because someone didn't want to hurt his chances for reelection. Now, when the mistake was realized, all of a sudden instead of taking accountability, it's time to blame another country for the disaster that is here.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Is that somehow going to change the FACT that this virus originated in Wuhan China ?

Is it going to change the perception of those people who have watched the news for weeks and heard about it spreading from Wuhan China to literally everywhere on the planet outside of Antarctica.

What you call it doesn't change those facts .... and people are looking for someone to blame.

Yes , the hostile actions of those individuals attacking "Asians" over the virus is absolutely racist ..... but the name of the virus isn't whats fueling their actions - its the origin of the outbreak. That "Blame" was laid at their feet with patient zero and amplified with every newscast highlighting the location of the outbreak.

I get the point that there's no need to stir the pot by calling it "China virus" at this point just because it may trigger some idiot to be an idiot .... but the bottom line is that weeks of news casts are what pointed these people towards their targets.

I guess George Carlin was right , half the people are stupid and half of'em are stupider than that .... cause attacking an individual half that had nothing to do with the events half way around the globe is completely and utterly stupid beyond comprehension.

I'm rambling on about nothing .... now back to your regularly scheduled program.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I told you that was gonna happen ....

What about us injuns ?

ipaman likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Invisible Fan and B@ffled like this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Well done. I don't call it the China virus personally, but I'll do my part to not spread racist rhetoric.

NewRoxFan and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What does where the virus came from have anything to do with our gov'ts response to the virus when it was known it was coming for months?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People asked what changed from when it was called Wuhan Virus.... well this.

It's not the president's fault for starting the blame and resentment against random Asians, but he doesn't gaf fanning the flames either.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Where the virus came from is the people who are being blamed for starting it.

Asians - Chinese in particular aren't being blamed because they are Chinese but because of the origin of the virus - Wuhan China , more specifically the exotic animal trade in Wuhan China.

I'm sure you already know that but are being intentionally obtuse to fit your political narrative.

Then again , common sense may be much to hard to grasp ...

Senator likes this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

This cannot be emphasized enough.

But when liberal cities are full of homelessness and crime and rape, you clearly see why weak minded mentalities that skirt around accountability accomplish nothing.

Forget about politics for a second - just be brave enough to see and accept the facts. Life becomes a lot easier.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So all billion Chinese are to blame? And it's really important to you to label it Chinese Virus even though there are attacks against Asians spiking in this country?

I would think what's important is to deal with the problem right here - which has nothing to do with where it started and whom you want to blame. Blame the PRC. Blame wet markets. But neither of those excuse the terrible response by our gov't which is what it seems people are trying to deflect from.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No ... but try telling that to unreasonable idiots who want someone to take it out on / blame.

Have you been paying attention ? I don't care what the heck you call it , the same people would be getting the blame because of its origin no matter if you called it the sweetlou42fartvirus.

Stop being dense.

I should know better than to replay to your nonsense.

People aren't deflecting , they are pointing the finger at the origin. You know , the people who started the whole thing.

But Trump ....

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No they are deflecting. They only started blaming China when it was obvious Trump bungled the response. You are the one being dense and supporting that narrative while pretending to be a moderate.

15. sw847

sw847 Member

Damn the hate and racism in this thread is unbelievable, ****ed up infact....now a couple of personal thoughts. Before anyone asks, I am an ethnically chinese new zealander, so a chinese kiwi if u will, with my company in China. I was in NZ at the beginning of the outbreak and returned a couple of weeks ago....so I am trying to be as objective as possible here.

Couple of things about the corona virus:
    1. call it whatever you want, some are offended, some are not. I personally don't give a ****, just like the spanish flu. If we call the H1N1 the american flu or some **** like that, some americans would be offended, some will not, so not really a big deal. For me, this whole thing is more of a propaganda thing on both sides, Trump trying to direct blame, China trying to put Americans in a bad spot light......so IMO this whole name thing is politically motivated.
    2. the whole wet market thing and bat thing is blown way out of proportion, probably because it is in CHINA. comeon, if u go to any asian country there are plenty of wet markets with just as bad or worse hygene problems...south east asians have been eating bats for centuries, why contamination now? there are a whole lot of questions that has yet to be cleared up. Me and my team (most of which are experts in viruses and disease control) don't believe the wet market story. Why not bats from other markets? I think initially the story was part of a rumor cause the market has tested positive for the virus, but that does not mean it is the origin. just like HIV was not due to having sex with monkeys, monkeys can carry the virus, doesn't mean humans got it form them.
    3. Was there cover up? Personally i wouldn't call it a coverup, but rather neglect. To be honest, this is probably the first time in history that China has actually been pretty straight up about a crisis. The 8 (or 12 can't remember) initial doctors are hailed as national heros right now. the mayor of wuhan, province head of hubei and other relevant officials have all been either prosecuted, releaved or arrested. Initially i think they just didn't think it was that serious. Was it ****ed up, definitely. Personally i feel they should be shot!
    4. China sent close to 10 thousand doctor/nurses/staff to wuhan to contain the virus with about 164 i think dying on the job. the whole country was basically shut down, with all tourism domestic or international being shut down. This actually bought time for the world, but nations around the world were too busy calling it a violation towards human rights. I was telling my friends in nz that the government should do the same thing, all calling me crazy. Well guess what, Italy is doing the same, Korea did it in the worst hit areas...etc...having worked with the african swine flu around the world, i know how fast a new disease could spread. You need to keep in mind that with a population of 1.5 billions, "only" 80 thousand were infected and with less death than Italy as of today.
    5. Not sure if its arrogance or politcally motivated, not many people want to admit that the actions by the Chinese government is the only effective solution, even WHO said that it was the only proven effective method. China was shut down late jan, the west had 2 month to react, two whole ****en month!!!! but nothing happened. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the show and no urgency at all. In NZ for example, boarders were shut down towards Chinese visitor early feb, now NZ have 32 cases, all of which came from europe, aus or america. nothing is done about it. Trump at the end of Feb was saying its ok to go tto work with symptoms....only now is he realizing the seriousness of this thing????
    6. I am praying that this does not blow up into a race thing. there is no race in the face of diseases. By the looks of this thread, it seems too late. This is really what pisses me off...growing up in NZ as an asian i know all too well about racism. so for all the rasist sobs....go kill yourself.

I see a lot of people here are screaming for the west to move manufacturing back home or to other countries to reduce the dependency on China. I hear the same thing here in NZ a lot, and I totally agree. From a market POV, no resource should be heavily dependent on one supplier. Now for all the super economists on the board....suggest a destination, please. Its like all those environmentalists who are against animal testing for vacines and medication, please suggest a solution, test it on humans? or just release products without testing? no body needs you to point out a problem, it take absolutely no brains to do that, everybody knows it, even some dumb ****en redneck knows, offer a solution. its like the person who are always pointing out problems in a work place is normally the most useless person on the team. U think u can move manufacturing back to america...please go to China and see for yourself. I have travelled and worked in North America on many occassions and have worked in China, Australia and parts of Europe, the infrustructure can not be compared....highways, railways, high speed rail, ports, electricity, internet...there is a reason China spent thousands of Billions on infrustructure over the past few decades. Plainly speaking, NO WHERE in the world have the production capabilities of China ATM. There is a reason why my own company's production facilities are in China. U think America can build a hosital with 1000 beds in 10 days? You think America can increase produciton for face masks, or anything for that matter by 1000 percent in less than two weeks? other than guns off course. its not just human labor, India have plenty of people, but they can't compete with China's production capabilities. I don't have an option but China right now. If my company's production was moved to America for instance, costs for double I presume....i calculated moving back to NZ, the costs would be four times higher....are YOU willing to pay more? u might be rich, but I for one can not afford it, and I personally make close to 1 million NZD a year, how much do you make? how much more are you willing to pay for daily comodities. A plain T-shirt is export in China for less than 1 USD profit each and it is sold in NZ for close 20 USD. why? cause importing companies and retails are making a fortune. The government are taxing the **** out of imports. Trust me, your government is not moving production to be back in america, one simple reason, it can't afford the required investments to do so. same with New zealand. You need to know that the West almost force fed globalization on the world, taking advantage of cheap labor and foreign resources at the cost of millions of lives. like it or not Its not turning back just cause the west no longer have the upper hand.

Unfortunally for some here, interdependence between nations is probably going to grown stronger after this crises. Governments are realizing that wether allies or not, in the face of a global crises, you have to work together. America included, cause you don't have the best medical system, u don't have the best specailists, you have to depend on others in certain situations.

I for one is just hoping that this crises will be over soon with less casaulties. GOD bless all those affected.

P.S sorry for the long rant...don't want to offend anyone...matter of fact **** THE RACISTS.

MightyMog likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

Well that was an interesting 90 seconds

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

So many truths...i work in the manufacturing/export/import industry....I been to Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, India, Turkey, Germany, etc for manufacturing....

People say move...but it isn't that simple..Let's put it this way, New balance is a made in USA sneaker, who needs to buy materials from China, the question is how much material. You literally may be buying a shoe that is 100% china material but assembled in USA...the product is still Chinese...

Doesn't mean i love China..i just like my job. I go where it needs to take me but i travel a lot and tend to stay in countries for a while to understand the culture. Everyone is nice where i travel, as long as you live by their standards. No country wants to hear, how USA is better (that's when i get that evil eye)

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

MERS was first detected in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and swine flu started in the U S of A in 2009. At least be correct about your bashing...

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's China's fault this got out of hand. Do you disagree with that?

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.wflx.com/2020/03/13/class-action-lawsuit-blames-china-coronavirus/

A federal class-action lawsuit has been filed against the Chinese government "for damages suffered as a result of the coronavirus pandemic."

The Berman Law Group, based in Boca Raton, filed the lawsuit Thursday in Miami federal court.

According to the complaint, the People's Republic of China and the city of Wuhan, where the outbreak began, are named as defendants in the lawsuit.

"The PRC and the other defendants knew that COVID-19 was dangerous and capable of causing a pandemic, yet slowly acted, proverbially put their head in the sand and/or covered it up for their own economic self-interest," attorney Matthew Moore wrote in the lawsuit.

Two Miami-Dade County residents and two Palm Beach County residents are listed as plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit, "named plaintiffs have been in close proximity to the negligent conduct causing their injuries."

"Chinese officials knew by Jan. 3 that COVID-19 was transmitted human to human and patients started dying a few days later," Moore said in a news release announcing the lawsuit. "Yet they kept telling the people of Wuhan and the world at large that everything was fine, even holding a public dinner in Wuhan for over 40,000 families on Jan. 18."

The lawsuit seeks billions of dollars in compensatory damages for those who have suffered personal injuries, wrongful deaths, property damage and other damages as a result of China's failure to contain the coronavirus.

"This is an ambitious action against a world superpower," firm co-founder Russell Berman said. "But China has unleashed a pandemic upon the world, and the harm is now exponentially multiplying every day here in the U.S. and Florida."

Class Action Lawsuit Against China by PeterBurke on Scribd