1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should China compensate the deceased?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

Bingo. The dumbass people doing that are trying to make some sort of hamfisted political point that we don't need right now.

If you don't want to use the WHO designated terms, then just keep calling it the coronavirus. It's not that difficult.

2. adoo

adoo Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well when you invent something, come see me, mmmmkay....kid

DD

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

kid lol, can you be any more stereotypical... find any clouds to yell at today? just admit you're a hypocrite and now an elitist too apparently. you get pissed, act like a child, when someone steals from you. china steals from the world, crickets...

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bottom line is that you right wingers couldn't distract the president's failures by blaming dems so you want to manage this from a PR perspective by sticking it to China.

Newsflash, Trump is responsible for what happens in America, not China.

#85 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    MightyMog and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

T_Man and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok Trumper.

DD

8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Didn't you call him a racist for banning flights from China? Look, we all know whoever is in charge is subject to criticism. Imagine if Obama was in charge. There would be about 5 people on this form criticizing him no matter what steps he takes. Of course the criticism would be done in the most respectful manner possible and probably offer up some brilliant solutions to go along with the criticism. :D

Everyone needs a laugh about now.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Fight the virus, not the people.

People still try to pick fights during this extraordinary time, they are beyond stupid.

BaselineFade and Corrosion like this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Please show me where I called him a racist for banning flights. By the way, US airlines had already stopped flights, and China had already placed a travel quarantine on affected regions. Not only that, but 300k chinese had already entered the US in Jan before Trump put his "ban" in place which didn't stop US citizens from entering even if they had been to Wuhan.

If Obama was in charge he would have taken action on day 1 and not waited 2 months to get serious. Yes there would be criticism from the right - they criticized him fairly for Deepwater Horizon after all. He didn't blame the Chinese or Republicans for it by the way. But Obama's response to Swine flu was immediate and strong, and he left a lasting entity in place to deal with future pandemics, one that the Trump administration got rid of in a cost cutting move.

#90 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    China's abhorrent hygiene standards and 3rd century BC live animal food markets put our world's food health in a vulnerable position... and the worst case scenario happened - a virus started, in Wuhan, Hubei Province, which then propagated all over the world as Chinese citizens and visitors to China fanned out across the world. These are the facts, people. Nothing racist about it. China didn't keep clean food or health standards and now we all suffer. There needs to be accountability.

Senator likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Absolutely, but stroking xenophobia isn't the right response to that. Nor is trying to deflect blame for our gov't own crappy response. Now is not the time to engage in a PR war with China. Now is the time to work together and own up. China is not responsible for what happens here. We could have contained this if we didn't call it a hoax and not take it seriously. Now cases are skyrocketing and the first reaction is to blame China - where was that 2 months ago when this wasn't serious????

It's irresponsible and petty to work so hard to find someone else to blame for your own screw-ups - that's not leadership and ultimate the American people aren't going to buy this.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trumper lol, you're not even trying. Feel the Bern!!!

14. NewRoxFan

I was wondering where the trump supporter safe zone is... trump's failure on this is so inarguable that trump's defenders need to resort to the latest form of xenophobia.

15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

huh?

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    No one is stoking xenophobia. It's calling a spade a spade. The virus originated in China. Not only that, but China needs to bear responsibility for it - they can't shirk it. Accountability. China needs to pay a heavy price for failing the rest of the world and causing all of these families to suffer.

Senator and B@ffled like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The D&D isn't a safe zone, that's for sure. What do you mean about resorting to the latest form of xenophobia? I'm not following you. Are talking about the use of the term "China Virus"? Isn't it obvious that he's doing that as a response to the Chinese putting out the narrative that the U.S. military created the bug on purpose? That's him needling them (Chinese govt). That's just Trump, trumping. We all should be used to it by now. Do I approve?..... I don't care either way. I've got bigger fish to fry.

19. NewRoxFan

Its a ridiculous argument if you are defending the term as "simply needling another country". Risking the lives/safety of Chinese American citizens to "needle another country" is ridiculous. And the WHO and CDC have both spoken out against calling it the Chinese Virus, in part because past diseases like the Spanish Flu weren't called "the American Flu" because it originated here.

Just trump trumping isn't a good excuse either. trump resorting to xenophobic attacks on other countries or people (Mexico, Muslims, and now China) to distract from what he is doing is offensive.

20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Well, he's already offended you many times over so that's lost it's weight.

I'm... uh.. sorry... that you feel that way ? I hope you're not too emotionally wrecked by his offensive remarks that it negatively affects your life. It sounds like this is serious stuff to you and I understand that I probably come of as being callous when I quote the great Mike Mulvaney by saying "GET OVER IT PEOPLE". You're seriously picking just to pick.

Corrosion likes this.