1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay. Came out now.

14 years of renal insufficiency (kidney) and pretty bad Diabetes for a teen.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

well he was at work showing flu like symptoms and sent home. He didn’t want to miss out on that OT.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Dutch minister fainted in parliament

The Netherlands official policy is herd immunity.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ah sip of water and a quick paper shuffle otta fix it.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I have been quarantined for the last 2 weeks. I have had my people (the people that work for my branch office) working remotely and have stated that I do not expect equal productivity. One lawyer in my office bragged to a coworker he was going to Florida during the quarantine. He is now positive for Corona and stuck in Florida. He did not take any preventive measures and was in highly populated events.

One of my co-founding partners was livid at me for sending everyone home for a month. He kept his office open at full capacity. He now has an outbreak in his office.

jklb, Hakeemtheking, Yung-T and 18 others like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The issue is and has been there are not enough tests to go around yet. One of the reasons they're telling you that is because if everyone with or even without a sniffle got one, they'd run out of tests to test people coughing their heads off or have fevers who may just have the flu. They're trying to test the most probably ill people first to get them isolated until more tests can be produced. I read that as of last week they could barely even process 7,000 tests per day in the US.

Yung-T, Richie_Rich, Kim and 5 others like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good for you to go against the grain. Pessimistic people have better lives. Live longer. Do better in a crisis. What city are you in?

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Italian data for the first 2.003 deaths (since then there are 900 more)

Mean age of dead : 79,5 y.o.

70% men 30% women

70-79 : 707
    80-89 : 852
    90+ :198

40-49 : 12
    31-39 : 5 All men with serious coexisting conditions.

The most common comorbidities of the victims :
    1) hypertension
    2) diabetes
    3) ischemic cardiopathy

48.5% of the victims had at least 3 pre existing conditions and 25.6% 2 .

0.8% (3) were completely healthy with no preexisting pathology

The average time between first symptoms and death is 8 days.
    Most common symptoms : fever (77%), dyspnea (74%) cough (42%)

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Theyre really going with the plan of herd immunity? WTF?

malakas likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'll never complain about traffic again. EU is trying to escape border lockdowns :

From bbc.com :

Individual European governments have begun erecting patrols to stop citizens from other countries from entering.

Patrols appeared on Tuesday on the Spanish border with France, and Poland has seen traffic jams of up to 50km (31 miles) at some of its crossings as part of its health measures.

“It is absolutely crucial that we unblock the situation, because we know that too many people are stranded within the European Union and have a problem to go back home,” said European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Like in China we see that the majority of the dead have had hypertension and then diabetes as the second common comorbidity.

Along with the study about the potential connection between hypertension and diabetes drugs and ACE2 it makes one wonder if the people with hypertension alone no matter the age should be put in the risky groups.

13. malakas

malakas Member

The Netherlands in the last week have taken measures like closing schools and some shops but their official strategy is herd immunity.
    They even discuss it openly in the parliament.

The Uk only today closed their shools. They had over 30 deaths in the last 24 hours, for a total of 104. So they aren't far from being where France is now. Maybe half a week behind?

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The UK and their idiot leadership is about to get boned. It seems far-fetched to think leadership could get worse than trump

Buck Turgidson, Deckard and malakas like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I be damned, I also have a tad high blood pressure.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's very likely that a Doctor will take a swap , let determined patient wait a few hours/days before telling them they're negative without actual test to calm down the hystera and free time for urgent cases

Also even if the health providers sent actual kits , 2-3% will be tested by the Lab in timely manner if ever

Cluster testing is mainly for statical agenda, there is no immense benefits or changes to outcome

malakas likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I have already posted it here but dismissed as paranoid.
    If you have friends or family tell them to leave the country or go hide.
    The UK will be hit the hardest and they only have 4k ICU beds. They have done nothing to limit the spread.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

The study was about a common hypertension drug not the condition itself and it only talked about a potential connection (Based on a very logical assumption because these drugs affect the ACE2 ).
    If you have just a little bit hypertension I don't think you take hypertension medicine.
    And even if you do, stay in your house anyway that's the safest way to survive. For you for me and for everyone.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Hypertension...the curse of my people.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

BREEK!