1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Season Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstrosRockets1818, Mar 11, 2020.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The entire medical system gets run over with critical cases due to the amount that hits the system all at once. You should understand this by looking at China, Iran, and Italy. They have dug mass graves and started burying people in them in Iran. Their death toll is likely 5x higher than the official reports. They are planning for a couple million dead over there. It would seem likely based on how widespread the virus is and how destroyed their healthcare system is. People, like yourself, simply viewed it as a flu over there and defied a virus and now they are ****ed within a matter of weeks.

France, Spain, UK, and likely all of Europe will be next with overload. Seattle is already overloaded and look for NYC to be hit hard. The known active cases have been doubling every 4-5 days or so (much quicker in Iran where they actively rejected any containment measures). You can do math so you can understand how quickly it spirals out of control.

Anyone over 50 is at risk. Also if you didn't know pre existing conditions includes obesity (diabetes even more). We are a fat nation and diabetic nation if you didn't notice. Our economy would be flat out destroyed if we let this spread like the flu without any attempts to control it based on the example of China and Iran.

We are lucky because of the information age that we live in allows us to have a chance to recognize this very early and to control it. If this would have happened even just 20-30 years ago we would be swamped before we knew it. Maybe think of it as a massive wave coming instead of a train if that suits you better.

Long story made very short....NBA season is likely over. Maybe we get some kind of 4 team playoff at a central location with no fans, but don't count on it. That would be kind of cool to see though.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Where did I view as simply the flu?

You simply read it as the flu.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lovemachine2000 and LFE171 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Like I said, you simply read "flu' then stopped thinking.

Just like the other nitwit did.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No, but you offered nothing other than it's a strong flu and you believed there would be a vaccine in a few months. Neither of those is true, but I'm sure you will find another way to deflect. If you want a better comparison this virus is more like a gateway type of virus that allows other infections to occur based on how it attacks the body. The main killer being viral or bacterial pneumonia.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

I have seen others mentioning that as well. We’ll see if it works. I hope it’s effective but even if it is, there is a long testing process that must be done to ensure that it is effective. That will likely take months.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Screenshot_20200317-153406_Google.jpg
    Viral and bacterial pneumonia.... just like the Flu, except stronger.

I said there 'might be' a vaccine in 2 months, not 'would be'. Don't put words in my mouth.

I've done ZERO deflecting. It's all right there in the first post. You simply saw what you wanted to see (just like the other guy) then went D&D on me.

#327 Houstunna, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol the NBA season isn't starting up anytime soon

10. AstrosRockets1818

Durant positive and wasn’t even playing.
    Season is gonna be canceled

DeBeards likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow, it's so sad. I pray for a speedy and complete recovery.

DeBeards, D-rock and Houstunna like this.
  12. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'm looking across the Woodlands Waterway at Goose's Acre bar, right now, chock full of Darwin Award candidates, all crowded together like it's a normal Saint Patty day. I cannot overstate my disdain for so much stupidity. If everyone would just hunker down for three weeks, we could avoid the overwhelmed ICUs and many deaths.

13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

too bad half their team got corona virus lol. kd tested positive.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If things get under wraps teams should be forced to play with whomever is healthy and available. It's still a league of pros...

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

With the current virus containment projections of July-August or later, this situation will affect the following season. With all of baseball's outdoor stadiums, there might not be a '20 season. NFL training camps begin in July and regular season in September. 2020 was already a grave year in sports history before covid began and now it might be the worst, and also one of worst in world history.

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

that just makes sure that they're immune from it when playoffs begin

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Those people are why we can't have nice things. The govt is going to have to shut everything down now because people won't be considerate of what is going on. Just ridiculous.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

******* this pisses me off.

I wish I could be out and about instead of not shaving and living on whiskey and granola, worrying about how many mortgage payments I have saved up in case **** gets as ugly as it's projected to get with Wild Kratts running on the TV as my go to child care.

But I'm not because, I live in a society and there's a responsibility to others to try to let it continue which means enduring this. **** those people.

19. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

The season is over. We all need to accept this and move forward.

p.s. Tilman sucks

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

no gathering over 10 for a while. I guess even if the season is resumed, the areana will be empty.