1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This is despicable, and, unfortunately, we're going to be seeing a lot of it as the election nears. :mad:

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

@Sweet Lou 4 2
    Screenshot_20200317-121900_Google.jpg

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

You think this but history says the opposite.
    Leaders no matter how previously unpopular, in time of national crisis, become popular. People are seeking guidance from their politicians.

Look at France. For years now people were demonstrating in the streets for his retirement reformation and he has been lately extremely unpopular.
    Now he forbid them to leave the house and bring the army to the streets and he became popular again.

Granted he said that french will not have to pay their mortgages, the electricity and phone bills and their taxes during the quarantine and that their wages will be paid partly by the government.

But I think after this Trump is more likely to be reelected than not unless US has many many more deaths than elsewhere.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This President's demo is one that's going to suffer the most hospitalizations and death and experience bitterness towards the healthcare system. It'll be interesting.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is China's secret war to kill Trumpanzees and defeat Trump, obviously.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think Malakas is on to something here.

IF...

...we don't have a staggering death total
    ...the stock market is surging again around election time
    ...they pass a big stimulus bill that puts money in people's pockets

I think his re-election chances go up. If he bails out Vegas he could flip Nevada for example. He could suddenly turn into a super liberal president with the help of a Republican conference that is desperate to survive.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Question:

At least 4 times in the past few hours, i've seen on social media this pattern of someone saying "I just heard from a friend who is very close to the attorney general, or whoever that has told them things are going to get alot worse, and you should stock up on supplies asap"

.... just so I'm clear.... this is an obvious online conspiracy theory game people are playing right? I mean... yes... captain obvious says that it's going to get worse before it gets better, but I don't really see how much is really going to change in terms of essential services we are using now that we'll continue to be able to use (city water, internet, power, etc., and ability to go to groceries stores & pharmacy). I don't see how supply chains are going to shut down completely even though yes, I'm sure there will be less folks showing up for work and grocery stores might be understaffed although most now almost all rely on self checkout.

If anyone knows where this fear based viral online messaging is originating I'd love to know so when a friend shares it later on today or texts it to me, I can respond accordingly. It's getting out of control.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter who comes up with it - they all have to pass it, the senate, the house, the president. They can all claim credit at the end of the day. It's an emergency situation and they are fools if they think people are going to care how the bill got passed

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depending on how things fall, you might be more so describing Trump actually earning the vote in a time of crisis, rather than being gifted re-election due to the crisis. No angle on this, just assessing what you intended.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spain has gone from 1695 to 11409 cases this past week. My cruise still hasn't cancelled from Barcelona next month. I wonder if they will change that in a week when that number doubles. Italy went from 10149 to 31506 in a week, so Spain might too. I wish they would just refund my money now. Ugh

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I forgot to include possibly the most important thing -- in the winter cool dry air causes our mucus to become dry and hard. This makes it much less effective than moist mucus at capturing a virus.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

CONTEXT MATTERS

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I mean if he earns it he earns it. Him actually earning voting power by doing a great job is actually a good thing for the country.

But.... What has history told us about Trump earning more votes especially from those not watching FoxNews state TV with half of the truth? I think regardless, people will have trouble forgetting how Trump's initial response really hurt getting a jump start on "flattening the curve". They even tried to do what Russia is doing now by just refusing to test for the virus so they can claim they have magical immunity. Lets not forget that Trump 100% tried to do this by blatantly refusing testing capabilities on all fronts until he was forced to allow it.

Trump obviously knows his initial response will be an issue that will linger which is why they keep repeating like a broken record this notion that "The travel ban from China" was some remarkable decision only Trump would have thought of that saved the world. They keep repeating this over and over and over again to heap praise on Trump because they know his initial response is a major issue that will hurt him, and they know they need something to combat that scrutiny.

If Trump had it his way FYI we would have zero cases of Covid right now only because he tried like hell to keep us from obtaining tests. Never forget what he tried to do at the beginning of this mess.

AleksandarN, RESINator and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Obviously covid is worse, but the context of the bolded is inaccurate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Microdroplets. Airborne diseases spread this way.... so good luck stopping something microscopic floating in the air.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

NYC just said that they may issue a shelter in place order in the next 48 hours.

I oppose these orders. Social distancing and closing these large public gatherings is enough. Telling people they can't go to work AT ALL is going to destroy the economy.

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Cuomo just said in his presser today that he would have to approve that and he has not plans to do so for the time being.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Should be interesting once the test are available for everyone...

T_Man