1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

THIS!!!!!

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

National emergency, two very big words...lol.

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just imagine this:
    From the Oval Office.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, The President of the United States."
    "Good evening my fellow American. Tonight I speak to you about an unprecedented crisis that is facing out country. We are facing a disease that has the potential to devastate our economy and take the lives of many of us. I speak to you tonight to let you know what my Administration is doing to address that and protect this country that we love.

I understand that many have been critical of our response so far and have felt that it is lacking. For that I take responsibility. This situation has been very fast and changing. It has been difficult to keep up with all of the new information that has come in. As we have gotten better information we fully understand the severity of this crisis and will be doing everything in our power to address this problem.

This crisis is international and does not recognize borders. As such we will work with our international partners to address concerns of spread through travel and also to share the best information possible. We will also work with our state and local governments and make sure that all of your communities will have the resources to fight this disease. As such I would like to acknowledge the actions of many governors and mayors who have been dealing with this already.

Finally we will learn from mistakes and missteps that have been made including by this Administration. This is a new crisis and we are learning and getting better in dealing with it everyday. Fear and panic are as dangerous as the disease and we will meet those by earning your trust. We promise you that we will address it with truth and openness and getting you the best and latest information as we get it.

Thank you, good night and God Bless America..."

If Trump had something like this just a few days ago instead of the divisive, paranoid and self-pitying rhetoric how different things might be.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's former nsa bolton, denying that the "streamlining (firing)" was a factor...

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where's the fun in that?

B-Bob likes this.
  6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

You can’t blame the media for quoting a guy directly.

These quotes show his absolute incompetence.

I have tuned in to each of his pressers and he keeps getting worse. He’s deflecting to something that happened in 2009, he’s telling outright lies in front of health officials, and he referenced the phone call that led to his impeachment?

he doesn’t even know or can’t even admit that his own admin shut down the pandemic unit of the National Security Council? He literally turned to the guy who called the testing procedures a failure and they look at each other shrugging their shoulders and Trump says, and I quote word for word-
    “I don’t know”

Gotta love him calling the question from the female CNN reporter “nasty”

so typical of this ugly American who has failed to unite this country

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol at the liberal outrage. Meanwhile de Blasio hasn't even cancelled NYC schools!

hypocrites

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Lol at the board eunuch

Leaders should be called out and held accountable, and they deserve criticism when they fail.

If NYC school officials do not close, and the mayor or governor does nothing , they should and will be held accountable.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think there is a good amount of hysteria (which i agree with u guys on), but he called it a hoax man. You need to be able to defend trump as well as not overlook an elephant in the room that you can probably see from space.

mdrowe00 and joshuaao like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Trump is really not a likable or trustworthy person. I might agree with some of his politics, but he is just such a jerk. With Obama, my feelings are just the other way around. Would have a beer with him anytime.

B@ffled and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Our next Hoover

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Remember when @Os Trigonum was defending Trump's leadership skills?

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Productive government response so far. Kudos to both sides for working late last night. It remains to be seen if it will be successful but the effort is there.

B@ffled likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

SWAMP DRAINED

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't remember ever doing that.

jcf likes this.
  16. RESINator

RESINator Member

Trump doesn't know if he has coronavirus. His test is pending and instead of quarantining 1-2 days until test results come out, he's out there shaking hands with his staff and colleagues. What a true patriot!

B-Bob likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

**** you. This has nothing to do with liberals versus conservatives you ****ing lunatic.

Andre0087 and JayGoogle like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I do. His lack of leadership was mentioned and you brought up how was an executive of businesses and had the support of tons of people.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also buy my book in which I warn Trump is a dangerous incompetent who will only make a crisis worse if we ever have one! You will thank me when the crisis here!

John, you suck and everyone will always know it. Shut the **** up forever.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.