1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rodeo Has Been Cancelled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 11, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It is killing the elderly and sick at a high rate.
    There is reason to be worried and act with caution.

Yung-T and Sajan like this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

For every pandemic or natural disaster, there will always be the "it's just the flu" or "eh..120mph winds? not bad at all" or "12" inches of rain in houston? my accord can make it" crowd.

These extreme measures such as a huge event cancellations have to be taken because you can't trust the general public to self quarantine.
    I am not here to argue whether it's worse than the other diseases but I am going to guess that if a lot more people in the US get this...the death toll will be much higher than the flu.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Remember Hurricane Michael... Ahh not enough time to develop, minor storm/ etc -- then boom blows up into a Cat 5 right off the coast of Florida. We've had a lot of monster hurricanes recently -- interesting trend.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Pretty sure ****in Roseanne is responsible for this ****

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

MMkay. The difference is you are a troll. I never respond to any post of yours because I do not care. You do post occasionally funny things, but you are an absolute troll trying to goad someone to take the bait. I tend not to, because I know your schtick.

If this is your life, I feel bad for you. Again, I couldn't care less about you, but if likes off trolling me get you off, go for it. I'm ok.

6. KingCheetah

Never?

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Awe you. Such an absolute doll. Do you think if I wound you up like one you'd just walk away?

#107 Roscoe Arbuckle, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  8. KingCheetah

I believe you are the one who is wound up -- perhaps a cold Corona would calm your frayed nerves.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yup. you won't go away. I won't put you on ignore because it is stupid, but dude, find something better in life than trying to bug me or anything else. It's a really bad way to live.

10. KingCheetah

Once again you've fallen into my elaborate trap.

#RentFree

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ugh. You got me.

There are better ways to spend your time.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some workers at the rodeo count on this money yearly as a big part of their annual income. I guarantee a lot will be hurt.

Nook and Pringles like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I understand, and empathize with everyone losing income. All I can hope for is that the more precautions we take will keep this situation from escalating to numbers nobody in the US imagined.

Pringles likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nook and Pringles like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I understood I don't have a problem with the shut down. Unfortunate

Pringles likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sad situation.i just cancelled my substitute teaching jobs this year, so also won't get paid when not working. I work mainly with Special Needs children, which requires a lot of hand over hand and close contact. For now, I have to minimize risk, mainly because I don't want to bring anything home. I am around my Mom a lot, and can't risk exposing her. So, for now I will be getting by on my little military retirement check

Hakeemtheking, Pringles and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Empathizing with those affected monetarily is fine. Good for you. But to think this or other restrictions need to be reversed because of money is dangerous. It's all fun and games until you or people you know get sick. And the only way to get out ahead of it is to act.

Nook, malakas and deb4rockets like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree. Spain, France, and Germany are skyrocketing in numbers now. I'm sure quite a few of those cases started from people going to and from Italy. Honestly, I wish we would ban all travel period for right now to and from other countries, and not just for foreign citizens. Americans can bring it back too, as already proven recently. I can't even believe these cruise ships are still running freely all over the world. Crazy unnecessary risks.

19. Major

Major Member

This is certainly true, but it's worth noting that depending on the length of this, people will also die from the economic and peripheral consequences. Whether it's being unable to pay rent and becoming homeless, or not being able to afford/access food or meds or whatever else, there are multiple layers of damage from things like this. And there are no good solutions.

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

And here in the real world, one of my good friends lost all of her media gigs for at least the next month. NBA, MLB, MLS, some river oaks tennis tourney I wasn't aware of.

This is why I'm so irritated by how overblown this is. Calm your t***, wash your hands, and there will be a cure soon enough that will make this all look so much more pathetic.