1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rodeo Has Been Cancelled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 11, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

right I hear. My comment was more that I don’t think they’re getting that different info. Or at least any different than the info you can find if you do just a bit of research to stay informed. I think they’re seeing the same tested case numbers we are, and the decision was made based on extrapolation and apparently now the fact the one dude from Montgomery county was at the rodeo.

the extrapolation facts seem clear though... time to self isolate in meaningful ways if we want to slow down the curve.

CCity Zero and Yung-T like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, 12 days ago, so he likely got it AT the Rodeo.

Seems reasonable to say the Rodeo was the community spread, not the guy. Thus, shut it down.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The rodeo won't make or break the people working there. Give me a break.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have paid time off. No,I I am not that lucky, and certainly not wealthy. I just think not taking this seriously is a huge mistake. We need to avoid all unnecessary risk, or Texas will end up like France, Germany, and Spain. They went from less than 50 cases to around 2000 in the last 2 weeks. Those numbers could be over 10,000 in 2 more weeks easily.

I just dont want to see that happen in Texas, and certainly not here in Houston. This is a city so full of international travelers, flowing in and out of two airports, as well as cruise ships still flowing freely from Galveston.

#44 deb4rockets, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Pringles likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This should have happened in the 90s.

RasaqBoi and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When my elderly parents can start hoping for a survival rate that high, I'll relax.

Nook, Sajan, A00man and 4 others like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down there bud. No one is saying they want your elderly parents to catch Coronavirus.
    Just saying, it’s no worse than the flu.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Pringles

Pringles Member

I can't argue with you there. It is a shame that we don't have these tests readily available because it definitely hinders what we know about the actual reality. Not to mention our cost-prohibitive health care system doesn't exactly gives us any confidence.

I'm just hoping I'm worrying too much, but I do also feel like this virus is going to leave a heavy long-lasting negative impact on our economy.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

Gotta take a chance man. YOLO

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I would hope so. If they don’t have significant reserves then they’re ****ing up.

11. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

This is beyond ignorant. How the **** do you stupid people function in your day to day lives? I saw video of a 60 year old Iranian man struggling to breathe with coronavirus and it will be with me forever. This **** is scary. This thread is proof there is still a massive amount of ignorance out there but we are starting to turn the corner on awareness finally. Hopefully its not too late.

PS. There is so much we still don't know about this disease. There is a possibility that it permanently damages lungs and other organs even for those that recover.

Sajan, ElPigto and deb4rockets like this.
  12. meh

meh Contributing Member

The main issue with the cronovirus is that you can have the virus while showing no symptoms for up to 2 weeks.

This isnt like your typical "I have a cough maybe I should not get in contact with elderly in case I have the flu" thing that most people tend to use. Generally speaking your risk of spreading the flu is after you're already sick. But with cronovirus you cant tell if you are a carrier. That's why its spreading so fast. The normal methods for which people generally use to determine if they're sick or not dont apply here.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

And 56K people die from that each year, so its pretty bad.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Why are you mad? Plenty of other things you can watch. Have you seen jojo rabbit? It's quite good

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s ignorant is you acting like this is some end of the world phenomena that is going to hunt you down.
    The stupidity is you and your ilk buying all the water and toilet paper in sight because you live in a fear of catching something you would 100% live through if relatively healthy.

There is reason to try and limit the spread, it’s not something that anyone would want to catch. But the truth is the reaction from the masses (including you it looks like) is not warranted.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree completely with the spreading factor. That’s the reason the WHO has labeled it a pandemic, that reason alone.

We’ve absolutely moved past the containment phase globally and now in a preparatory and reactionary phase.
    Hospitals absolutely need to prep for a huge rush.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the flu is bad. But do you see the same reaction from flu as coronavirus?

That’s the issue

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And yes, it causes pneumonia. Yes that can damage lungs.
    So can the flu, a cold, pneumonia, bronchitis and other similar ailments.

No one is saying don’t worry. Be proactive, practice good hygiene and if you are one in the high risk zones, there’s reason to stay inside.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You forgot LMAO at the end.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What is the Crono Trigger?