1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Virus] So who’s still going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh lawdt. This is the only post that matters in this thread.

RustyHarden and ThatBoyNick like this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think i've finally reached enlightenment after reading that post. My life is done here. I'm ready to pass

Eric Riley and ThatBoyNick like this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much this. It has nothing to do with you guys as individuals, but rather everybody as a whole. It's not about YOLO, but rather you picking up the virus and spreading it around to others, which in cause spreads to others that may be vulnerable.

I understand that some of you all are trying to stick it to not being worried about it, but is not about you caring for yourself, but rather being able to understand the delicacy of life and how some are trying to prevent others from getting sick. When you have whole governments taking some crazy precaution measures, I think this is more than just panic hysteria. I'm not saying to go out there and stock up on limitless amounts of supplies, but some of you guys need to stop talking as if only you are the only in existence in this world and just because you likely won't die, doesn't mean you can't pass on something on to others.

I'm not necessarily worried, but I do take precautions. I still plan to travel to Peru in April, but I am monitoring the situation just in case.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jessh dude, just shave your ass like normal folk.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's your right to listen to sensationalized anecdotal reports or look at evidence-based statistics. Use your judgment.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Post the data you are referencing, or a link to it.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You think it’s normal for men to shave their ass??

Perhaps I’m behind the curve on the manscaping movement, but this proposition is gonna be a hell to the nah for me fam.

I remember I shaved everything down there, including the back once when I was 15, curious bugger I was, wanted to see what it looked like. What followed was a month long itch due to the regrowth. Never again, never again. Respect for women who keep it shaved because that sucked!

RustyHarden likes this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yes the culture there is ridiculous but if the option to remote is available, why not?

malakas likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

https://www.livescience.com/why-italy-coronavirus-deaths-so-high.html
    https://www.livescience.com/is-coronavirus-deadly.html

The reason Italy's fatality rate is so high is their aging population. When you look at the stats from all age groups, it's mostly anyone over 60 years with preexisting conditions.

As another poster said, yes, it's not only about yourself but those around you, mainly the elders and older family members. The best measures a healthy young person can take is to practice good hygiene, self-isolate if not feeling well, and limit contact with older populations.

Phillyrocket and CCity Zero like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Some places are toxic like that. You'll look soft if you take PTO and even get backlash if you don't show up when legit sick.

RKREBORN likes this.
  12. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Thanks, people need to continue to post the links to the data they are referencing or it's meaningless.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have come to realize that it is not only about myself, but also about the people I could inadvertently spread it to.

14. Duncan McDonuts

It's been posted before and available online on many publications so I didn't post it.

Here's another tracker.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

South Korea and the Diamond Princess are good case studies because of their wide testing. South Korea has tested a large percentage of their at risk population and everyone on the Diamond Princess was tested.

Many experts believe the fatality rate is much lower than reported because of how limited testing is. That's not to downplay the severity of this virus because it is very fatal to older populations.

15. malakas

malakas Member

So you basically made this post trying to prove it is only fear mongering and then go on and post statistics that show people over 60 who are many people here or their parents are under 10%+ chance of death.

Only fear mongering :rolleyes:

JeeberD and Yung-T like this.
  16. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Yeah just keep posting the links so we all know where your narrative has been developed. D&D is the place to go to argue without.

17. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Depends on the higher ups. I personally wouldn't hold it against my team, but depends on how much work they get done.

18. Nook

Nook Member

It is her job, back off and let her handle it the way she wants. Perhaps she doesn’t want to be around you 24 hours a day. Perhaps she works better in an office. Perhaps she is judged by her employer. Perhaps she likes the attention she gets.

Regardless let her decide what isn’t and isn’t acceptable for her work.

As to the question of whether she values her job over her family, some do and she may but fighting over when she should and shouldn’t physically go into work isn’t the hill to die on.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true. Unless everyone who takes risks going on airlines, cruises, etc self quarantines themselves for a couple weeks after a trip, it just puts so many others at risk. Symptoms don't always occur before you get off that flight, cruise, etc.

#139 deb4rockets, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Deckard likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

I'm still doing the same thing I did before the outcry. Unless they shut down the country, ain't stopping me from grinding baby!