1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Switching scheme is a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Mar 9, 2020.

1. realonemo

realonemo Member

1) There is no communication to run this scheme.
    2) It's physically too much to handle for Harden and Gordon over the course of time. Strong guys but to take that punishment has to mentally draining. Not to mention Dantoni playing Tucker and Harden 38 min a game.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am definitely seeing more mistakes.
    Esp when people slip the screen

Rocket River

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

but i heard MDA is a genius...

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

switching defense only works if players move their feet.

pr0wler, ilovehtownbb and realonemo like this.
  5. realonemo

realonemo Member

The starting guards are "first-team attempt to poke the ball or swipe at the driver"

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Works 5% of the time, all the time

7. realonemo

realonemo Member

My concern about the pairing was always defensively. They have bad awareness on off-ball defense. Then they have guys like House/Maclemore starting next to them (Dantoni smh). Start Carroll !

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

small ball, switching D is more mileage on these guys. they look tired af.

kjayp likes this.
  9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Nobody wants to acknowledge the real problem.

While yes, Tucker is the heart and soul of the team, he has been the biggest liability on offense.

In the past 8 games he's been averaging 5 points a game. 5 points. 5. Our starting PF/C is averaging 7 points overall and 5 in the past 8 games.

"BUT BUT BUT points don't tell the whole story. The box score doesn't tell the whole story. You can't measure heart and hustle. His defense."

The thing is, is... Tucker has been NON EXISTENT as far as offense goes. He repeatedly will catch the ball in the corner and pass up the 3 and drive and kick. Matt Bullard isn't a genius but he did say one thing that rang true on the broadcast the other day. He said once the ball gets to Tucker in the corner that is the end of the play. He HAS to take the shot. I don't know if Tucker has completely lost his confidence in his shot or what but that has been a huge liability.

Also recently his defense has been suspect as well. He's been committing these ticky tack fouls that aren't like him. Also, this isn't a knock to him necessarily but the bigger guys down low in the paint have been scoring at will.

Look, I love Tucker but the coaches can't continue to turn a blind eye to his overall production. The same goes for DHouse in all honesty as well.

I don't know what the answers are with the current roster the way it is but I would start Green and bench Tucker or House and see if that lights a spark.

It used to be when Tucker was open in the corner it was automatic. Now we're lucky if he hits the rim or even shoots it.

kjayp, Rocket River and ilovehtownbb like this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We need to put cabocolo tyson or green as starters and then if someone doesnt switch correctly then we still protect the rim. We have to stabilize the game so we can execute the gameplan.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Talk to Bzdelik

kjayp likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I reluctantly agree

Tucker bouncing the ball in any way form or fashion is liken to a turnover

Rocket River