1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This line of argument makes no sense when you can see relative differences between the same player from different years and also compare him to other NBA guards.

Harden 2017-2018
    [​IMG]
    Harden in 2019-2020
    [​IMG]

That isn't the same body fat%.

#861 fchowd0311, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Hakeemtheking and PeterKingX like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The audacity of you out of ALL ppl making excuses for Harden's defense, but pinpoint Melo's defense like it's the only thing that matters. Hypocrite troll

3. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Morey has had a long tenure here and never managed to bring in any excellent shooters into the team. Somehow he never gets any blame for having so many mediocre shooters around Harden.

ak99999 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tf are you talking about idiot. We’re not even talking about harden dummy. Learn how to read

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson, EG and CP3 were all really great shooters throughout their careers.

Even someone like Gerald Green who is notorious for horrible shot selection from three shoots a career 36% given how many horrible 3 pt attempts he takes heavily contested, that's good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You also need a good supporting cast around you. Oh, not every team has had to play a team like the Warriors in like 4 playoff series with a limited supporting cast. But yeah, it's because of Harden's lack of fire that's been the problem. And you really think Harden can't take criticism? He's been getting **** on ever since he's at the Rockets. For 8 years he never said a word to the media about anything. He never complained, never made excuses or blamed his teammates. It was only until recently he finally said something regarding about Giannis had said. And he still never shat on his teammates or the GM and owner.

These are the posts I mean. Nitpicking on Harden every single time.

#866 aliadiere25, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    SORF and D-rock like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gaslighting:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes such as low self-esteem.

Any chance the NBA is gaslighting the Houston Rockets? Me thinks so.

hakeem94, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Foolishness. The Rockets have had decent rosters since MDA became coach. The problem is we don't resign the talent, like Kenneth Faried. Guys come in & play well but Morey's too stubborn to keep them here. So we end up having to fill a hole that we let walk the season prior. We should be keeping guys that come here & contribute

bcast89 likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I didn’t watch the game , I thought it was a 7pm start ...
    Anyways I just looked at the boxscore (Houston only so far), what went wrong ?

James looked like he had a below average game but wasn’t awful . I mean 30/14/10 isn’t too bad , even if it is accompanied by 10 turnovers . Still 16 assists and steals combined vs 10 turnovers . Not world beating , but should be solid enough to win you the game .

I see Russ didn’t play ? Nor Eric ?

we probably should have called up Clemons if that was the case , I don’t like having James play 45 min , especially in a loss.

green and caroll had good box score nights . How was the defense ?

looks like most players had decently efficient games outside of pj , maclemore , and house. If all 3 of those guys are struggling play Thabo , he’s been on the pine the last few games but he’s equally likely to get hot from 3 as house is .

I’m guessing our problem was defense .

the teams that give us trouble aren’t going to be the ones with huge , lumbering 7 footers . They are gonna be the ones with athletic forwards who are bigger than our guys . Randle , Harrell , guys like that .

frankly , portis gave us trouble vs the knicks .

all in all , it seems like we aren’t going all out as a team yet ? Granted , I didn’t watch . Are we closer to the 6-0 team or the 0-3 one (Is it 0-3 or 0-4?)

I’m worried playing small and winning requires playing a step faster than the other team . Because if you don’t your defense will crater and even if you are hot , you will probably cool down. Plus , you need that quickness and ball movement to generate the 3’s and close looks you want .

but you can’t bring it 82 games , not with players out . Not without coach trusting the 10-12 guys . Not without your players being consistent enough to hit open shots . At least someone has to be hot .

I think with probability you’re equally likely to flip a HHTT as you would a HTHT (heads tails) , in other words you get streaks . If our hot-cold streaks aren’t every 1-2 games , but every 3-4-5 games then that’s worrying . Or maybe good if you get hot at the right time . But , the defense I’ve intensity has to be there and playing against bigger , more athletic players probably takes it out of you , idk I’m not in the nba .

it’s a problem , but it’s a problem we are going to have to live with .

if you have Eric , Austin , Russ , James , Clemons , green , Carroll , house , Covington , PJ all season then you can try to load manage . But , we haven’t had all those guys the whole time , AND MDA is notoriously light on practices . Maybe we are having more to try to integrate new parts and solidify our style and guys are getting tired lol . - prolly not .

Anyways / rant

I don’t care about the rest of the season anyways / seeding . I’ve seen enough of these guys to know they can be playing like **** one game and amazing the next , and vice-versa .

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Morey will never get the blame as long as you have all-stars/superstars like CP3, Westbrook and Harden in your team. They're the players that are supposed to make the difference..... which is why people are quick to blame those guys before the GM. But he doesn't realize you still need a good supporting cast to win you a championship.

Tilman and Morey are the reason why we haven't and won't win a championship. They've wasted Harden's talent and prime years. If I were Westbrook and Harden, I'd be quick to get out of this franchise before it's too late.

12. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Of course i support him, I defend the guy against each and every person because I genuinely feel he’s the most under appreciated nba player in the league today. But as rockets fans, we’ve been so close it hurts, tbh that’s why there’s so much interest/quick judgement towards harden on this forum is hanging to a small hope that they finally get the trophy after being One half away.

13. JackLordsHair66

What a depressing loss this was ... I **** on Harden a lot during it because I thought he played stupid, sloppy and lazy again ... and he did all those things, but man this roster is pathetic. RoCo and Green that was the extent of the help James got and it wasn’t that stellar. PJ is just shot man, terrible on O and even his D has been very mediocre of late, House continues to underwhelm, Rivers, Bmac give us absolutely nothing the last couple of games ... that’s it over half your team gives you nothing how is that possible ? To allow a team like the Hornets to shoot almost 50% from 3 just like NY the other night is also very troubling ... I truthfully see us slipping into 6/7 seed territory and being bounced in the first round at this rate... small ball appears to be being sorted out now by clogging the paint with big bodies and daring a pretty woeful 3point shooting team to just chuck and chuck and when your superstar is shooting terribly you are in trouble ... I know James has a triple double today but it wasn’t a thing of beauty by any stretch and I’m squarely in the he’s got more going on than just a slump.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely agree on the House and Tucker part. I also think James needs to stop taking more 3's than everyone else. He will have great games eventually, but so what. His overall percentage doesn't justify his ego to think he is the best 3 pt shooter in this league. It makes absolutely no sense that he takes more 3's than anyone in the NBA. That is ridiculous.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

The system is set up to shoot 3's in bulk.

This team would become mediocre or worse if you turned the spout off for 3's.

The 3ball is why the Rockets have a top 3 offense.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. JackLordsHair66

I agree with you on Morey and especially Tilman, they are getting what they paid for, mediocrity at best, sub par at worst, still can’t absolve Harden of his awful play the last two months he’s basically been an low level star player. This cast of scrubs has a few good games where you are lulled into believing again, then they disappear completely it’s really disheartening to watch a bunch of no name players for the Hornets hit their 3s when we throw up brick after brick

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We get absolutely no help from the refs on top of everything else. Crazy amount of ticky tack fouls in this game. 25-15 disparity. Rockets should not have been down 20-0 but it’s harder to sustain a run when they keep blowing the whistle on you that ***** frustrating

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying there are 3 better 3 pt shooters on the team who should be taking more of Harden's shots.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Did you watch the game, your 3 better 3 point shooters sucked.

How many wide open 3's clanging and missing before you register that Harden must carry the team offensively because the best 3 point shooters are missing badly game in and game out.

McLemore, House, PJ have been garbage during the 3 game losing streak.

DeBeards likes this.
  20. JackLordsHair66

At this point with PJ and House doing NOTHING would it hurt though to see ? Green has given ya more offense since he’s come aboard than PJ has in months is that all because he is so focused D because the eye test isn’t telling me that’s the case. PJ is a distaste going to the basket and can’t hit a shot from anywhere except the corner 3 and has been passing them up a lot an missing when he is open. PJ has really been disappointing to watch pretty much since Harden starts his slump.

HP3 likes this.