1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same.

But need to play the hot hand and sit the cold ones.

Rockets need more talent around Harden and Russ, when you only have 2 starters in double digits there is more wrong than just the star players.

DeBeards, SORF and HP3 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets just got destroyed even with Russ. This defense that teams are playing is a problem

this effort thing is just stupid. Stop with the Barkley take already

3. Caprah

Caprah Member

Why you wasting your time on a troll

D-rock likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn I just checked to see if the Rockets play tonight and see that they already played and lost - to the ****in Hornets. What a disgrace. Not even gonna watch the highlights of this game.

I guess the team is OK with getting no higher than the 4 seed.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not used to seeing James play like this, if he can just be his average self, I wouldnt mind this.

D-rock likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think we have to start considering if James is either hurt...mentally or physically. Are he and Russ getting along well? Is there some nagging injury he's going through? Whatever it is, it needs to get sorted out before the playoffs, obviously.

HP3 and Junebball like this.
  7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Sometimes there are reasons why superstars haven't won a championship yet. Harden lacks the fire and the willingness to adjust (and take constructive criticism) you need to become a champion.

rocketchamp likes this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Westbrook doesn't have to play against trash teams like the Hornets to win games. If this team is that dependent on WB (with a supposed top-5 player still healthy) to beat bad teams, they have no chance in the Playoffs.

PeterKingX, Little Bit and javal_lon like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Rockets lost by 2 to the Knicks in a game they coasted, Jeff Green was played 14 minutes against the Knicks and got 0 rebounds and had 4 points and played bad defense. I didnt watch the Clippers game. This game...I did watch and while Jeff played well, I dont expect him to be this way every night.

You might be right if this was any other player than Jeff Green.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Hornets are 25th in defensive efficiency. This ridiculous man. I dont want to hear about the lack of a lob man, I really dont. If yall wanna talk about "excuses" thats the worst one.

DeBeards and PeterKingX like this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You are clearly not a Harden supporter. A Harden supporter would get behind him when he's clearly struggling.... first time he's really struggled for the Rockets, in like 8 years. 2 bad months in 8 years and he gets **** on. Got to love it.

You mentioned the 10 turnovers, yet he always has a high number of turnovers due to the high usage rate and ambitious passes. So making that as an excuse is clearly nitpicking. Now if you want to blame it on his 3pt shooting or not taking more mid-range shots, then they're better reasons you could use.

And yet again, you don't love Harden. You're a typical fan who gets on a player when he's in a bit of bad form but never really congratulates him when he's doing well.

Now.... House is offering us absolutely nothing to out game. Tucker doesn't offer us anything on the offensive end. Gordon is shooting horribly this season. There as so many other players who offer us basically nothing in most games. But do I hate these guys or nitpick their games? No. I get behind them as soon as the next game starts. I want them to do well and be the difference. You guys aren't the same way with regards to Harden. You nitpick his performances and constantly blame him when we lose. Look at the amount of negative threads that have been made about Harden this season.

So please, stop saying you're a supporter when you're truly not. Just say I'm a supporter of the team and that you want what's best for the team. At least then I'd respect your post more.

12. SORF

SORF Member

House and Bmac were horrendous tonight...sit one of them on the bench and start Green. Green plays well with Beard & Brodie.

D-rock, pippendagimp and HP3 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh plz. now its jeff greens fault they lost to the knicks lmao. gtfoh

who tf is saying jeff green is going to be like this every night. he isn't. but is he going to be more productive than someone like house who hasn't been good. yup

anyways im done. im glad tomorrow is another game..moving on

14. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Imagine being so blinded as a homer that you think Harden has played only 2 poor months in his 8 years here. Jesus Christ.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not saying its his fault, Im just telling you he hasnt been as good as you think he has man which is my point. Cmon bro, why are you getting snarky with me, I havent been that way towards you and I expect the same amount of respect given.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

3 straight L’s with this avi...time to change it

missed this game, but the next game I watch won’t be on a TV...time to whip out the Ipad

will start sipping on my green tea with my pinky up at tip off instead of waiting until the 2nd quarter

my superstitions starting to kick in

HP3, BeBreezy and D-rock like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok.. moving on to orlando

18. SORF

SORF Member

Here is one piece of good news...WE OUT REBOUND THE HORNETS!!!!!:eek: 42 to 30.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I keep saying this. Our supporting cast has been trash for years. The reason why Harden can't drive to the basket more is because he's constantly having 2 or 3 guys on him as soon as he drives. He never had that attention like 2 or 3 years ago, it's only really been a problem in like the last 18 months or so.

If we had a supporting cast who could hit consistent 3pt shots or create more when they have the ball, Harden wouldn't get that much attention and be able to have the space Westbrook gets.

SORF and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree 1000%.

But isnt it crazy that a 30 point triple double is a below average performance?

Most franchises would be celebrating, even in a loss.

Harden is easy target, but House and Tucker really need to pull their weight too if they are going to remain starters.

HP3 likes this.