1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats not changing. its a policy established from the start and it isn't going away.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bring back Harty and Chandler and remove House from starting. Green did more than House and Tucker.

Little Bit likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How did you manage an engineering degree with this level of logic?

Bravo. I’m impressed

D-rock likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea he has?

Because Jef has seen more minutes and he hasnt been consistent defensively in all of them. I've seen Carrol and he's been consistent in pretty much all his time on the floor. We keep Jeff Green in more cause he's the tallest player who can have games like these. But hes one of the most historically inconsistent players in the league.

Thats fine, but your expecting this Jeff Green most nights and that just wont be the case. I trust Carrol more who looks like he gives a damn every time he's seen the floor.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep harping about this defensive. its a gimmick and bs. the rockets need more guys like green around harden. not 1 trick ponies. dudes are literally sitting there watching harden struggle and teams are playing box 1 zone looks on him. nobody can literally do anything to attack this look outside of RoCo and Green

Green will be starting soon just like the 2nd half and its going to be much needed. i dont need to make the case for him any longer. it's going to happen anyway

6. HP3

HP3 Member

He can have games like these...but ....something is super wrong right now. I mean, his shot usually goes away at this time of year anyways, but...he just looks sloppy. He looks like he's coasting and hes doing an awful job at it...or maybe he's injured, idk whats wrong with him man, ive never seen him like this so its uncharted territory here.

BeBreezy, D-rock and smp like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

Am looking at the box scores. There was no lead changes. We've never tied or led in this game.

Both team made 15 three pointers. But the Hornets was more efficient.

15/32 (46.9%)
    15/45 (33.3%)

D-rock likes this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Whoever misses the most gets the most blame. There is no need to bring up last season because chris paul was just as skilled as harden last year.

There are other players that are just as skilled as Harden at scoring the basketball.

There are other players that are highly skilled at defending the basketball and the losing streak proves it.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not in decline, you need to come off that. You dont just suddenly lose it at age 30, you gotta stop this.

DeBeards, smp and D-rock like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

PJ Tucker has 19 games this year where he has had 1 or less field goals made in 20+ minutes.

deb4rockets and D-rock like this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Look at all these guys you rarely see make a post on forum come on to blame it on Harden as soon as we lose. You can't make it up. Even a "trash" James Harden can still get you 30 point triple game.

They would rather us go back to losing consistent games and never be a playoff contended for another 2 decades just so James Harden is out of this team. If you guys don't give a **** about Harden, why should he give a **** about winning games for us?

Have to laugh. You never see these deluded fools on here as soon as Harden is carrying, but are so quick to jump on him as soon as he has a bad game.

12. SORF

SORF Member

I agree...he was wide open for a three, and he drove into the paint and passed off. A healthy Harden would have taken the 3pt shot when open. He has no height on his shots...he practically shoots all of his shots flat footed. He has no height on his layups either. Probably why his layups have been blocked lately...no height.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then he's out of shape because he noticably looks thicker this season than two seasons ago. He's barely getting off the ground also.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:
    Never experienced 20-0
    Couldn't stop them
    Sluggishness for whatever reason
    They played well, beat us
    Having a hard time righting the ship. Tomorrow is a good time to start.
    Slow starts? Nothing I know of. Just gotta figure this out. Too good not to.
    Green played exceptionally well.
    DeMarre did a good job. Solid vet & knows how to play.

DeBeards likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I guess you missed the fact that Harden had 10 turnovers? Maybe you are right about effort!

16. JackLordsHair66

Everyone else can hate on you bro I’m with you, sick of the Harden excuses. As I said probably one of the most underwhelming triple doubles ever. Shooting under 18% from 3 and 36% from the floor isn’t even average.... I get he only had one other guy helping in Green but that’s not superstar impressive sorry not even close !

This team is severely flawed and even when we were winning with small ball it’s never get like we were then superior team and again many of those wins were with Russ dominating inside. Without him and teams now figuring they will clog the paint going forward this trash 3point shooting roster is going to be exposed with Harden leading the way !

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Nearly spot on.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The injured logic makes zero sense? He would pass up a wide open 3 because he is injured in favor of driving? Yet he has zero problems launching horrible step backs? I'm not buying he is injured. He simple sucks right now.

JackLordsHair66 likes this.
  19. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Lol listen I’m a harden supporter, But it’s not about me or you or what he’s done for us. The current effort isn’t that of a nba professional much less an nba superstar. As a medical resident If i see 2 years of patients and am doing great, best doctor at my hospital etc etc and then give one day of no effort and oversee something, I’m getting called up to the administration and much much more. Accountability and effort alone should win the rockets 55-60 games every season with this level of talent. I love harden but the negative body language and effort is what’s keeping this team from having a “chance” to being ridiculed for the rest of his playing days

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is win-loss in those games?