1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Mar 7, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was happening maybe 1 time a game this year. :D

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It's pretty known that he doesn't show maximum effort unless the ball is in his hands... And he gets burnt out every season at the end... Now this dumb ass small ball philosophy expects him to give that same effort in post defense, boxing out, and weakside defense?... Good luck with that ****!

lw17 likes this.
  3. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

blame Morey for not getting John Collins out of the Capella deal he fits Harden and Westbrooks game

lw17 likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It really feels that way...

lw17, ilovehtownbb, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Also this laissez faire approach seems to be given the player freedom to figure it out, so don't expect there will be much change on his part from the Coahing guidance.

It is what it is. I have seen enough to say Westbrook is the most important player of this team now

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

MDA
    Why did Harden play 42+ minutes against GSW, Knicks, ....., and then lost the games.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Every game is that game it seems.... Last 2 at least.

#27 Sanctity, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Without Westbrook this team has no heart. Harden is a great player, but he constantly shows his mental fragility and a total lack of heart. Sad but true.

lw17 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Stop acting like it is going to be OK. It ain't.

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. jb86

jb86 Member

I hate to say this but James Harden does not have the heart of a champion. These last 3 losses are his fault. It seems like he does not want to take it to the hole. He is playing like someone is paying him off to lose. For him to be a "Superstar player" he is not laying it all on the line every game like he should.

lw17, PeterKingX and napalm06 like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It’s like we have no chance when WB sits. We don’t really have any other playmakers. They can just do a box and one on James. They don’t have to guard the corner because PJ is no threat. He can barely get a shot up in games. Our supporting cast really isn’t good enough unless EGO can somehow get back to a high level.

I’m so tired of WB load managing. We aren’t stacked like the clippers it hurts us.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Capela and 2 first wouldnt get you Collins IMO. Much less Collins with Covington. Covington has been great.

Harden is apathetic and unwilling to change.

lw17 likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Though, I am leaning towards that the small ball change did not put him in a position to succeed.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Jeff Green and DeMare Carol be like "What's so special about this mofo, he ain't nothing why did I even come here?". Secretly.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't deal well with adversity. He is seen as a leader even though it appears he doesn't fully have what it takes to be a good leader. He is laid back in nature anyway but when the going gets tough, he looks like he can't light a fire under himself or his team. Other players are sucking right now as well and that's where MDA needs to have the awareness to try different things but Harden is the biggest concern right now and with this Harden, the Rox will be a first round exit. I'm okay if the Rox move on from Harden if they fizzle out in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs again.

ilovehtownbb and ronclone like this.
  16. macan

macan Member

i'm wondering if we can get 2 first round picks for Frauden.

lw17 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he sat out some games, didn't really seem to help. the AS break didn't really help.

so what do you do at this point especially this late in the year

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

I honestly disagree with you that he didn't try today ... it's rather the game is more difficult for him now with the small line up. I am not defending Harden, I am just saying we have a bigger problem than lack of effort or leadership from Harden.

19. alethios

alethios Member

I'm sure the media will take this and spin it as a result of Westbrook's recent rise to more of an alpha role.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is a problem
    We have a starting line up
    That 3 out of 5 scored less than 9 pts total.

Rocket River

bro2044, smp and YallMean like this.