1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

the lack of composure is just humiliating... :(

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

well damn, just got a notification saying we lost

What kind of voodoo black magic is this? The fckery must’ve been at all time levels.

glad I missed this one

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ok. LoL

4. Mr. Space City

it's amazing how bad d'antoni is with rotations.

one of these guards will have to go. westbrook and harden are locked in, but rivers, gordon, or mclemore is going to have to be dropped completely out the rotation to play more green and carrroll.

2 guards and 3 forwards at ALL TIMES. no more 3-4 guard rotations anymore.

BasketMAD and Little Bit like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Codman , any insight into this play of late?

Deuce, SORF, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i have no idea why yall still entertain fchow when it comes to harden. there's literally nothing he'll say that will be anything +. its a dead end and he gets excited in times like these

7. macan

macan Member

so we got trashed by two trash teams: Knicks and Hornets...
    what's new..
    we are pretender

8. SORF

SORF Member

It's not heart, it's his body...there is something wrong. When you watch a player every game, you know when there is something wrong. The Dream was like Harden, neither one will tell their coaches when they were/are playing injured. And I knew when the Dream was injured, and I know when Harden is too. Harden is playing with all of his heart while hurt...just like Dream

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It’s good that you think so highly of yourself. Someone whose reputation is that of a clown probably needs that kind of thing.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Harden needs to lose weight but he partird and drinks to much to actually lose the necessary weight and go on a diet

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Well, there’s that.
    Pathetic but I just burned 800 calories so —-better use of my time tbh

DeBeards likes this.
  12. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Yikes that's a 1st rd exit viA the clippers

13. JackLordsHair66

That’s my boy, I know that was painful to admit !! It’s clear the guy is shot... don’t know if it’s burn out from usage, don’t know if it’s the whole Russ dynamic somehow working adversely psychologically (kinda doubt that), a lingering injury no one is being honest about, but those things don’t explain his terrible BBIQ of late, terrible shot selection, slopiness w/the the ball, his cavalier attitude, and stubbornness to make the better play ...
    This cat has sucked way more games this year than he’s been really good (remember he shot poorly to start the season as well), this version of Harden is NOT the best player in the league not by a million miles !

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Carrol hasnt gotten the opportunity green has.

BasketMAD, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

PJ Tucker is absent on offence.......................we can't go far if we only have 2 starters who score in double figures. All 5 starters for the hornets scored in double figures today

BasketMAD and D-rock like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

he had chances and looked terrible in them. tonight was the first time ive seen him actually play well

he also isn't a big in this lineup. he can replace house/bmacs minutes if anything. green just needs to be playing more over house for sure

17. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

The offensive scheme isn't working right now. They have one guy pressuring Harden on the ball and 4 guys waiting around the edge of the paint to help the drive or close out on shooters.

I liked Harden starting near the corner and driving toward the middle with Rockets waiting near the top of the 3-point line. This makes it an easier pass for Harden to kick out to teammates and punishes late closeouts more effectively compared to him driving from the center of the court and having to throw passes across his body to 3-point shooters.

BasketMAD and D-rock like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats not true. Carrol has looked serviceable almost every time's he played.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are a data scientist? Amazing. It requires a data scientist to read a damn free throw rate statistic?

And I'm an mech engineer. I know math also. Lol I can't believe you just told me you are a data scientist over NBA stats as if you are some vaunted subject matter expert.

Why don't you sort "drives to the rim" for players and see the list of the top 10 drivers in the league. There are 5 players who drive more than him and still draw significantly less fta at drives than Harden , Westbrook being one of them.

Why? Because Harden looks to drive into players, extend his arms, snap his head back etc. He is notorious for looking to draw the foul instead of making the bucket.

And don't compare big men to Harden when you compare ftr. Notice how ftr leaders are almost always big men and there is Harden being the outlier as the only scoring guard in the top 10.

gumbleton3 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope not even close