1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Essentially yes. Manfred didn't even want to get involved at first, but the snitch forced his hand. Now all he wants is to wrap the scandal up in an Astros-colored blanket, and toss it in the river. Allowing the Astros reputation to be dragged through the mud is just his way of deflecting blame from all the other teams that cheated. David Stern showed him the way during the Donaghy fiasco.

mikol13, everyday eddie and Colt45 like this.
  2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Probably will along with all the other teams who didn't get snitched out. If Fiers continues to be a hero despite being a pedophile what can you expect.

lw17, everyday eddie and Colt45 like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course.

Hurting one of the darling franchises would be 'bad' for the sport. Redheaded Houston will be the scapegoat for all evil.

everyday eddie and Colt45 like this.
  4. SemisolidSnake

First step to going old school: Ban all use of cell phones in the stadium, all wifi, and all hardwired connections leading anywhere near the dugout or locker room. Also put a hefty delay on the broadcast. Return the game to its pure only-baseball-and-hot-dogs form. Everyone will love that.

OR...as @RayRay10 and many others have said, use some very simple, proven technology to create direct, encrypted connections between the coach, pitcher, and catcher and be done with it, you incompetent luddite turds.

And while you're at it, put some cheap cameras on the outfield walls, so you can actually tell if someone cleared the fence or not. Idiots.

lw17, marks0223, msn and 1 other person like this.
  5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I mean............

clutchdabear, lw17, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

...meanwhile, Lebron continues to "cheat"

lw17, arkoe and RayRay10 like this.
  7. SemisolidSnake

See, I'd argue that flopping, especially this sort of egregious crap, is way worse cheating than anything the Astros did or could have done. It's one of the most effective and blatant ways of controlling a basketball game and illegitimately screwing over your opponents. But floppers like LeBron, Ginobli, Derek Fisher, etc. only get lightly lambasted on the internet and often are called "smart defenders" by a lot of the media.

I suspect there's been more "outrage" and time devoted to trying to skin the Astros alive in the past few months than there's been in entire sports media over the entire history of NBA flopping.

lw17 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. SemisolidSnake

The Angels sure have a problem with employees providing players with illegal substances. But, eh, not worth making a big deal about it. It's not like anyone died or anything...

11. msn

msn Member

Mike Fiers will need to bring his pine tar with him this year, I guess.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I'ma need Bay area resident, @CheezeyBoy22, to quit his day job, apply for a ball boy position for the A's and put some wet dog doodoo in ol mikeys pine tar jar in between innings of his starts. Can we count on you cheezy? You would make us all proud. #FortheH

Jake Tower likes this.
  13. SS0101

SS0101 Member

While we are on the topic of flopping in basketball...Khawi Leonard, that guy "yells" every single time he puts the ball on the floor on his way to the basket. One of the most under the radar annoying things (and also "flopping"/"cheating").

14. SemisolidSnake

Just a little levity:

Church softball season started today. We get in the the dugout, and of one of our guys notices there's no trash can: "Uh oh, how are we gonna bang out signs to each other?"

Me, who plays right center: "Aww, man, I forgot my cameras."

We didn't need them. Won 25-3. Best opening to the season we've had.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

[​IMG]

htwnbandit, RayRay10, crose and 3 others like this.
  16. msn

msn Member

I miss church softball league. Ours petered out years ago due to lack of interest.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Years ago when still in college, my church softball team was suspended for bad sportsmanship....

msn likes this.
  18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

An old buddy of mine convinced his church softball team to name themselves the LAGNAF's. The church played the whole season not knowing what it meant. One of the funniest guys I've known. Cool dude, wish I could catch up with him.

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just say the word!

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. elrond

elrond Member

RayRay10 and msn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.