1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe they were right about harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 5, 2020.

1. rockets13champs

Bro it hasn’t been the same guy. And it hasn’t been anywhere consistent. I love harden more than anyone. He just isn’t the same guy anymore

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He fell on his shooting hand in Boston and has shot like **** since. Get used to it for a while.

#42 scolandry1, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    jcf and Swish4fives like this.
  3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Whoever who can do so, fix Harden. Don't care who.

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Ok. Will clutchfans hold harden accountable?

alcatrazpsycho and Greedydex like this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If true, then he needs to sit for a week or two until it heals. Westbrook can lead the Rockets in the meantime.

6. JackLordsHair66

Yeah we beat those teams mainly when the rest of the team was on fire from 3 or Russ carried us, sins Harden factor in yeah but not wan much San he should, pretty certain Harden was not the alpha scorer in any of those games, but you can feel free to prove me wrong. So are you saying with Russ the are still figuring this out ?

James hasn’t done much figuring out of anything in the last 9 weeks, he’s had maybe 5/6 games in that timeframe where he almost looked like Harden But in general he’s been pretty average otherwise and it is becoming easier to defend him because he is primarily just jacking up contested step back 3s and missing a large percentage of them ... we aren’t wining many games in the playoffs with this version of Harden I know that much.

ilovehtownbb and Greedydex like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Banging in the paint taking his legs?

Rocket River

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You are seeing vintage Harden. Big statement game and he didn’t show up.

cheke64 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

twss

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Harden is mentally weak...great skill, but folds whenever an alpha challenges him. He’s the anti-Jordan. Jordan turned up his play 10 fold when anyone tried to get under his skin...Harden shrinks...you can see it in his mannerisms...he wants to shoot the fade away 3 or try to draw the foul. He always looks for the easy way out and thinks the low percentage shot or relying on the ref is somehow “smart” basketball.

Bo6, SWTsig, IvanLCPM and 5 others like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Relax. :cool:

jcf and HP3 like this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he had a good February...............i think people expect him to slam through 40 every night and got way to use to it back in december

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Harden needs to realize that we have a very good team. He doesn’t need to try to score 30 a night for us to win. He can be efficient with a 9 for 18 game, solid d and we will be better off. We have lots of scorers on this team to help us win.

He is looking sluggish not only on offense but looked lost on defense. I agree with the posters who said he looks out of shape and sluggish.

I would like us to experiment a little more and put Harden at Power Forward. He seems a step slow to guard wing players but is serviceable defending guys in the post.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is still the best player on this team and he is what makes this system works. Any lineup without Harden suffers in net rating. Idk whats up with him but I'll keep believing in him, because I believe he's the best player in the world.

jcf and fckbandwagons like this.
  15. Rocketeer4Life

If Harden loses his elite scoring, he has nothing else to offer if he continues to be a volume shooter. His defense will never be elite and his playmaking has disappeared with Capela

rhee likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he doesn't give effort because the home crowd doesn't cheer loud enough for his liking

17. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Lmaoooo! outside of a few games he’s been one of the worst players on the team for a couple months now. Smh

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

More like overtime in the Strip Club.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  19. Texanstradamus

The jig been up with harden for me when he choked game 5 and 6 away to the warriors last year that’s when I knew he was a mental midget or should I say solidified it

bmelo, Crashlanded19 and PeterKingX like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah. I prefer 30 ppg more athletic Harden who moved with some pep in 2017-2018.