1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' GM Daryl Morey stands by small ball team despite loss to Knicks | NBA | FIRST THINGS FIRST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chamillionaire, Mar 3, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

This. Bruno is a ways away from being a rotational player. I have no idea why there's some people calling for him now. maybe cf's being cf's and just overhyping some players as usual

BigShasta likes this.
  2. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm not pinning my playoff hopes on Bruno. I just see him as an additional option off the bench that offers something that nobody else on the team offers....Rim protection and rebounding off the bench. I think he should be backing up Tucker right now!

He does what PJ Tucker does; rebound, play defense and spot up in the corner....he just need playing time

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

A bit strange that Morey was on the show. I wonder if he was always scheduled to be on.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Two year away from being two years away as they say...

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Don’t insult PJ by saying Bruno does what he does - PJ is one of the most versatile defenders in the league. Bruno...has been on a diverse amount of teams. Let’s not distort the reality of the situation here

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol losing to Knicks is not a problem, why we lost to Knicks is the problem.

I believe the loss is due to Pringle's lacking roster mgt, he overplays his core guys and can't see who is hot or not. If Pringles cut down Harden's mins that game and played Maclemore longer we win 100%, Macklemore shot 50% from 3 one more 3 and we would've won. People talk about rebounding blah blah but other teams dont get 30 rebs vs the Rox, Knicks roster is an anomaly they have PFs and nothing else.

So this win or loss isnt important the Rox beat themselves or more specifically the coach had a brain fart and coached as bad as Harden played that night. We will have to see if our coach disadvantage is gonna hurt us in the playoffs I'm hoping it wont but most likely it will.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not need to imagine, Rockets whupped Lakers by double digits with smallball.

Try better.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Okur???!!!!???

Okur was a mediocre defender, he would a complete disaster in switch everything defense.

You really do not understand basketball.

LOL

DeBeards and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets can totally beat the Lakers in a couple of games but in a protracted series Pringle's lack of coaching ability and roster mgt is gonna cost us.

If Harden and co. get tired and we lose the series you need to admit to me Pringles caused the loss. It's time to make him accountable instead of deflecting to everything else.

Naismith and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This is the guy who claimed he could be coaching in college! Lmao! Calling what we’re doing a “gimmick” is all you need to know.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm ****ing sick of all the Harden hate.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

bruno will prob never play. The rockets picked him up as a potential bench guy since he has the shooting and wingspan to defend plus some rebounding. There was low risk and some reward if he develops. I wouldn’t expect much from him. Who knows he could prove me wrong.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm shocked! Stands by his irreversible decision, which had been wildly successful until that game, beating multiple top teams, due to one loss? I mean, how can he possibly keep his job with that type of thinking??!!!

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

can bruno play? If not why are we saying he should play? He hasn’t done much in the league. Unless y’all know something. He’s a project just like marquiss Chris etc. caroll can’t shoot. He can still defend and rebound but I’m thinking that’s why he’s out the rotation. And between him and thabo I’d take thabo. T can still play D and just knows how to make right plays in situations despite the bad shooting.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's wait and see.

I have no fear, how about you?

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah I agree. Stupid losses to sorry teams all year. A trend that keeps on going. Don’t forget the recent suns game where they dominated the paint and rebounding. Westbrook did look out of sorts when the knicks packed the paint last night. This is something of concern in my opinion when other teams play this way. There’s always adjustments to be made each game and opponents are always looking to exploit. I hope our small ball prevails despite some of these tactics.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

horrible calls against us and no calls on James hurt us late. Quite frustrating to watch when they get calls consistently driving to the hoop.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

the lakers will definitely be locked and loaded come playoff time. I like our swarming defense and I think you can harass and bother lebron to give up the ball and hope his shooters don’t hit. That would be a very difficult match up but I have confidence in us. It’s exciting to talk about our small ball since we are underdogs and it’s us against the world. No one picks us against these so called elite teams. David and Goliath. Can’t wait for the playoffs!

BaselineFade, YallMean and DeBeards like this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

not to mention bad calls every time we had momentum (pj block, charge on harden, no call when harden drove late)

pippendagimp and DeBeards like this.
  20. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Add nuggets. Wonder what cow head is going to say

BaselineFade likes this.