1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

how can one choke when he came back in the clutch with the free throws and final defense?

Like i give u that he played a bad game, but he in no way choke, in fact one can argue he was clutch in OT.

King1, ak99999 and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

And you are wrong. He did not have his best game by far but he did not choke.

Rockets won, because of Harden in the clutch.

Remlap, King1, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah man choke just means performing worse than usual.

If being clutch means winning how come MJ didnt win every game he played in isnt he supposed to be cluch? How come Demar Derozan doesnt lose every game he plays in he is the no 1 choker in the NBA according to ranker.

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Close games are bad for the heart, but the Rockets needed one of those games where they are down by double digits, comes back and ultimately win the game.

Those blowout wins are nice and boring. You need these difficult wins against top teams to test and prepare our players.

Great, great win on the road.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is a superstar thats what he supposed to do otherwise he wouldnt be making 40M a year.

Saying he didnt choke you just lying to yourself

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off. Harden literally made two plays down the stretch on offense and defense that won the game.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah and harden has been the main focus of opposing defenses being double triple teamed for years

thats where a 2nd MVP like Russ totally helps

and any physically or mentally weak player would have broken and shut down see steph

D-rock likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sorry bud the word choke isn't used correctly by u. I think the word u are looking for is underperforming. But when it matters most, with the game on the line harden came through and DIDNT FKING CHOKE. He made the clutch free throws and played great defense in OT.

Down to the final seconds, the ball is given to u and u whiff that's a fking choke. If u are at the free throw line and needed one ft to get the dub and miss both = choke. If u let a guy blow by u and get the winnning basket = choke. there's many scenarios that could b consider choking, but if u make a stupid error and still won, that's it a stupid error not choking.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should have just crashed after the game. I was so happy. My heart was beating so fast from all the adredaline, in what I thought was the most exciting win all year.

Then I started reading some of these posts and it was like a buzz kill. All the b****ing after such an exciting game blows my mind. We won!!!!

Enjoy the victory people. I'm gonna sleep good tonight. Yes!!! Go Rockets!!!

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You literally don't know what the definition of choke means in a sports game.

Playing badly doesn't mean you choked, especially if you helped your team win the game at the end.

D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  13. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Just happy for the team win.

Remlap, D-rock, bro2044 and 2 others like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok what does choking mean then? If you tell me its losing then why doesnt Derozan lose every game I thought he is a choker?

If choking means losing what kind of choker wins more games than he loses? You are the one that doesnt make any sense just use logic on your own definition to see if it makes any ******* sense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

up w/ 20sec left in regulation, d'antoni made no attempt to get the ball inbounded to one of our elite FT shooters (ie. EGO or Beardo). ball was instead inbounded into westbrook, who made only 1 of 2. make both FT's and the game is likely over right there. it is this pathetically lazy attention to details game after game, year after year, decade after decade, that has me unfortunately convinced we will never win a title w/ him as head coach.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Coach, you should watch the 3rd quarter and look at the wide open looks Harden was getting for his teammates and get back to us with your next pronouncements.

Remlap, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. j@amc

j@amc Member

Covington's play really stood out for me against the Celtics. He isn't as solid a position defender as Ariza was but he plays above the rim. With Westbrook soaring around, Tucker stepping into the gaps, and Covington as a legitimate backside rebounder/shot-blocker--we are fine on defense.

That is if House, McLemore, and Rivers can give us anything on D. But now, we don't have to ask those three (or Gordon) to play perfectly. They can just go out and take whatever shots they would like.

Once you add Covington, we're not really playing small since we're playing over the rim. The "micro-ball" lingo is a tiny bit more accurate.

(When all we had was Ariza, Gordon, and CP3, we were actually playing pretty small since all those players live as position defenders.
    Other than Capela, no one was altering shots )

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

20. smp

smp Member

I agree. It's all about the defense at this point. It's so much better with RoCo out there instead of Capela.

hakeem94, D-rock, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.