1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Harden looked like he was shooting 3s with his arms instead of his legs tonight. Wonder why...

Would’ve liked a bit more McLemore tonight. He’s one of our best story lines, and our best 3-pt shooter, this season. Want him to stay confident.

Remlap and vlaurelio like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If russ is happy for harden and how he help get the dub, why aren't the rest of u haters happy?

3. SORF

SORF Member

Harden and Westbrook combine for 62 pts. Brodie 41 and the Beard 21.

Remlap, Richie_Rich, smp and 3 others like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

People seem to forget that Westbrook was struggling earlier on the season and Harden had to carry them to wins.

Harden deserves to be carried for one season. I don't give a crap who wins us the game as long as we win the game.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was one of those guys, I was WRONG!

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and thats like 5 straight wins over boston

harden been beating boston before westy got here

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Fans are funny that when Harden had no help, they used it as an excuse when he has bad games. Now they use it against him and say thank god he has help................he can't win either way

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

And you are a blind dumbass.

jcf likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

choking means u lose or dont hit those
    freethrows, or doesnt close the game.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Westbrook just has the physical conditioning and athleticism to overcome poor shooting nights that Harden can't do.

PeterKingX and daywalker02 like this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I take it back. Just watched it again and you are correct in the sense he probably wouldn’t have gotten it. But that’s not to say the Boston defenders wouldn’t have been positioned differently. You’re probably right in that it probably wouldn’t have mattered but it’s definitely the right substitution to make.

amaru likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

Painfully enjoyable!

Roomba, King1, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Because this board is full of **** a lot of posters with **** takes. :rolleyes:

14. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think you're being a little too soft with Harden here. From the first quarter, he didn't have much lift. It was really good that Boston ran themselves out of gas by competing so hard early. It left us with a chance for an easy win...But Harden fell into deeper, careless doldrums.

That can happen to players, even good ones. But does it happen to great ones? This needs to be the last time.

15. smp

smp Member

They have all disappeared at this point. They were all straight up wrong but will never admit it.

Remlap, Tfor3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. JackLordsHair66

I get it he made some plays (specifically defensively) that helped result in the win, but once again chucking 3s relentlessly when he was cold as ice, and the stupid careless turnovers man, it’s not like we’ve never seen this before... I totally get why the media and some players **** on him man, he’s inexplicably weak at what “the best player in the league” should not be weak at regularly ... I thought he played fairly well defensively and he did have 8 dimes, but once again he easily almost cost us the game with his dumbass mistakes and careless play the final 3 minutes ... it’s getting old ... thankfully Russ has risen and taken the mantle of carrying this team the last two months. His play and the play of RoCo and PJ defensively has been huge ! JUST wish Harden would remove his head from his ass when it matters most ...

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You always win as a team and lose as a team. Everyone on the Rockets missed shots and had costly mistakes tonight. As far as Harden is concerned, I just want to see him clean up his late-game decision making because it will make the Rockets a better team and will be important in the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Convington was fantastic. 16 pts (4-10 3pt), 16 reb, 3 blks, good defense!!

Remlap, jcmoon, HoustonTexas and 6 others like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so thats 1 game you're gonna define his whole career as a mentally weak player because of that?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who would have thought Daniel Theis had a jumpshot but not quick enough release.

jcf and D-rock like this.