1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

WOOO!!!!

That was so ridiculous. Very grateful for the win. The fact that we didn’t seal it in the last few minutes of the 4th is very concerning and is definitely the type of thing that will come back and bite us in the ass come playoff time. Tonights Boston squad is a young team, Clippers and Lakers won’t be as forgiving.

Now, someone please explain to me HOW IN THE HELL WHEN WE ARE UP 3 WITH 5 SECONDS TO GO AND YOU KNOW BOSTON IS GOING TO PURPOSELY MISS THE FREE THROW DO YOU NOT PUT IN TYSON CHANDLER? SERIOUSLY, THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE TO NOT MAKE THAT MOVE.

jcmoon, smp, Rocket River and 4 others like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That immediately occurred after Harden turned the ball over in the backcourt. Westbrook brought it in the next possession and was fouled.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

we've been saying this for years. at this point he is who he is. we just have to hope westbrook picks up the slack when he has moments like this.

deb4rockets and ryano2009 like this.
  5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I really didnt mind Harden's tough shooting night. He's had enough good ones in big games to make up for it, and he played amazing on the defensive end and overall made a lot of smart passes and decisions on offense. The one play that sticks out though is that awful, awful pass when we were up by 7 late in the 4th. You take that away and we win the game easily in OT. And its not the first time he's thrown away the ball or committed turnovers late in big games. Ugh. Anyways, i'll take the win, but that pass made the game a lot tougher than it had to be.

saleem likes this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

10 - 2

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. amaru

amaru Member

They need a go to guy late. Tatum isn’t quite there yet. He had quite a few bad sequences late.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

How can anyone complain... Boston is a fantastic team. We were down 17
    Harden shot poorly... made some mistakes and then made up for those mistakes. Mistakes happen and so do bad shooting nights. We still won and had Harden had an average night, Rockets win easy..

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You cannot choke a game if you win the game at the end. That doesn't make any sense at all. If we had lost the game, then you can say Harden choked the game. But he got us a clutch steal, clutch 2 free throw points and a key touch on the rebound to take away seconds to stop the Celtics from having a shot at the end.

They hit 2 late 3pt shots they normally would have missed to tie the game. So it's not like we folded under pressure. They just hit key shots.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We couldn't risk the 8 second or 5 second violation with Harden.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Celtics a young talented group of guys. Well coached. On national TV, at the Boston Garden, OT victory by 1 point.

I'm on such a high right now.

Remlap, BMoney, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  14. ilias

ilias Member

Fertitta needs to put someone on Harden, make sure he is home early and getting his sleep. I've been hating on Westbrook his whole career, it's painful to admit he may be better than James.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Disagree man just cuz you arent strong mentally doesnt mean you are complete trash. Being strong mentally has nothing to do with your skills, bball IQ, athleticism etc.

Of course when I say strong mentally that is in comparison to other NBA superstars cuz that what he is. The average NBA superstar just wouldnt derp up that regulation game like what, 4 times in 10 secs. Harden missed 2 step back 3s, lose the ball and then lost the reb lol if that isnt choking I dont know what is.

He also closed the game out but thats just making up for his chokejob that doesnt remove the fact he choked pretty hard.

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think if Kemba plays, we score a lot more freely. Harden and Westbrook can take him into the lane and get any shot they want.

Lurch, Amel and amaru like this.
  17. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Yes!! Great win.

Love you guys, all the way from Canada!

18. amaru

amaru Member

It’s both of their teams. You can tell by the way they actively sought each other out in the end.

Remlap, HP3 and jcf like this.
  19. MultipleSauces

Russ out there bustin that ass

being an nba player ain’t easy bruhs. Kobe’s passing has taken an emotional toll . Harden will be fine . I swear to god if anyone talks that trash about harden I will swing on you like Ariza was about to do to trae. Pull up bro

clos4life likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

He aint better man Harden still the best player on this team just like KD the best on OKC. WB just has a lot of heart and that's Harden's biggest weakness.

pr0wler likes this.