1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Rips Giannis After Memphis Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We didn’t know it at the time, but Harden had this quote about Westbrook after the Memphis game: “The excitement that he brings to the game, I just don't know another player in the league who brings that kind of intensity and is actually skilled," said Harden, who added 30 points in just 28 minutes of play against Memphis.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Source? Apart from your butt, that is. :D

#2 topfive, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I remember him saying this and it was very weird how it was constructed so I took the notice

BigShasta and bmelo like this.
  4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden is just weirdly constructed.

Did harden let his beard go completely out of control once he hit the league or was the beard nasty like that before the league?

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Lock this thread.

We should be focusing on winning and silencing critics with our play instead of all this drama.

SemisolidSnake and vator like this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

theScore under game recap.

topfive likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think both Harden and Chris Paul are more skilled than Westbrook. He is the guard version of Giannis; probably the most effective guard without an outside shot in league history. Ironic comparison IMO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am pretty sure Harden doesn't read clutch fans so it is a high chance this thread wont make any sort of impact.

10. SemisolidSnake

Seconded.

I would also just like to point out that every time I compliment another person, I am implicitly ripping every single one of you (and Giannis for good measure) by not including you in the statement.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Westbrook’s has a midrange and his finishes at the rim aren’t just dunks. Westbrook’s isn’t traveling on his way to the rim half the time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. SORF

SORF Member

WTH.
    Westbrook led the team in scoring, assists and rebounds for that game against Memphis. Harden was giving Westbrook his just dues. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GIANNIS!!!!!!! Sheesh

Memphis game...
    Westbrook 33pts, 9 rebounds and 8 assists

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao, equating skill with a 3 point shot is extremely stupid. Is Jason Kidd unskilled because he didn’t have a 3 point shot in his prime? Of course not.

Confusing a lack of 3 point shooting with a lack of skill. LOL. Giannis is unskilled for so many reasons. His 3 point shot is a small part.

Ben Simmons. Zero outside shooting, still brilliant with a basketball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its the same terminology he used when he ripped giannis in the interview. You know good and well he is comparing the two. Give me a break with the denial. Westbrooks stats had nothing to do with changing the meaning of the comment.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BreakYoSelfFool

Just off the top of my head... Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Clyde Drexler, etc. Also 3pt line came in 79' so no one had outside shot before then.

16. napalm06

I can't really argue because I don't have data off hand on their shot charts; I seem to remember it being more than layups. But sure. That wasn't the point of my post though. Russ is effective due to athleticism, tenacity and quickness.

17. napalm06

[wrong thread]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Won the game, Giannis won this round.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jerry West would have stretched out to the 3 pt line easily, as would have some other.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

because of his limited height and length 6'3 Russ can't simply drive to the rim and dunk on everyone

it takes change in speed and direction, use of angles, ball english etc. he had to work hard developing those skills

hakeem94 likes this.