1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBP Season Records

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Feb 27, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Does any Astro land in the top 20 list this year? And where on the list?[​IMG]

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

nope, not even close

I mean how many pitchers have really come out threatening to his us? Bauer and Clevinger and??? We don’t face Bauer and clevinger is already hurt

Plus with the threat of longer suspensions, it’s not happening

the whole thing is media driven bullshit, the media wants it to happen so they will have a ****ing story and click bait

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at the Sox beat writer running his mouth. What a pathetic coward

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Think he was quoting Tim Anderson of the White Sox.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're correct. I read it wrong.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

And we’ve found another moron. The White Sox were a world beating 67-95 in 2017 and to top it off the Astros were generally awful against them for whatever reason. Just cue Carlos Correa. Shut your ****ing mouth.

mikol13, msn, King1 and 3 others like this.
  8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Tim Anderson of the White Sox?
    [​IMG]

RayRay10, jklb, arkoe and 2 others like this.
  9. phasors28

phasors28 Member

The Astros should armor up like Biggio and welcome the hbp. This would really irritate opposing pitchers and fans

RayRay10, jklb, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  10. msn

msn Member

Everyone who beans an Astro should get his ass kicked. If we're going to be collaboration, might as well embrace it.

RayRay10, King1 and RustyHarden like this.
  11. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I think the gladiator style skateboarding version (Barry Bonds/Biggio)aren't allowed? Either way yes. Altuve wore a small elbow pad. Expecting all to utilize face protector. Probably wise to get Bagwell model hand blocker as well. Should just embrace villain persona & wear these [​IMG]

RayRay10, Plowman and phasors28 like this.
  12. SemisolidSnake

Probably the best solution I've seen presented. Just let it come, and take the free base. I really wish the team wasn't abysmal at baserunning, because I would love to see a few HBP -> steal second -> RBI combos from all this. Maybe Dusty will have a positive effect on that. It can't get worse than it has been.

I just hope that if any Astro decides to charge the mound, they make it worth it, because they'll get only one shot. Baseball fights are some of most anemic, embarrassing displays in sports nowadays. Don't empty both benches and just stand around in the infield like you're at an awkward business party. Make it worth it, or don't do anything at all. Go watch some hockey to get in the mood.

phasors28 likes this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

I do worry a bit about the organization's commitment to its players' (and staff's) safety. I just don't see Crane as someone who's willing to take a firm stand if it comes to this. He just wants it all to go away, and he's done more groveling already than I would have liked. Safety from other players is one thing. If obvious HBPs are allowed without significant repercussions from the league, he ought to be ready to just straight up sue Manfred for not doing enough to protect his valuable player assets from harm. Forget all the behind-the-scenes crap. Just go for it. He won't. I actually don't think this will be that much of an issue, though.

I actually worry more about stupid fans. I think a great test of one's psychological state is how seriously one takes sports. Sports is a societal entity I think logically exists to allow people to direct pent-up passionate energy towards something that MEANS NOTHING. We all need that. However, those people that in the end DON'T realize that it means nothing and actually do stupid, terrible things (like rioting, property destruction, death threats, violence, etc.) because of sports seem pretty easy to identify as psychopaths, dangerously mentally ill, and menaces to society. I'm sure the Astros will have increased security detail and very specific ways they move their personnel about this season. However, I think they ought to be ready and willing to press maximum criminal charges against any and all harassers wherever and whenever anything happens. Since Manfred won't do it, someone needs to deliver the message that IT'S JUST SPORTS.

#13 SemisolidSnake, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    King1, The Beard and msn like this.
  14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

104K likes. Wow, the hate is real. No other post on their feed has even remotely close to that.

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Is there an official stat page? I would LOVE for this to be true but I want an official source and stick it to BSPN.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Not sure but I hope this guy keeps up with stats like this all season.

RayRay10 and Rock Block like this.
  18. msn

msn Member

Need to bring Biggio in to coach this. Teach the boys how to swing with that armor in place. How to lean in without looking like you were leaning in. How to pretend you were trying to get out of the way while still getting plunked. Free baserunners, always a good thing.

19. Buck Turgidson

Led the majors in BA last year, is also one of the worst defensive SS around.

He's run his mouth several times before about various subjects, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

And no, the Stros are not being thrown at this Spring.

RayRay10 and BigM like this.
  20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

All the Astros starting lineup in the Top 20 in HBP AND runs scored list