1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. UrbanEnterprise

Giannis gonna end up in Golden State just to spite Harden

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Player A
    91 steals
    52 blocks

Player B
    54 steals
    57 blocks

Guess which one plays better defensively? Alert the media

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Now harden needs to show him who’s the boss next time we play those ****ers

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I am almost 100% sure the mention of Harden gets under Giannis’ skin in terms of the MVP talk last year. But I also think he’s self conscious and sensitive since he knows his limitations as a player and skill set. James obviously is the more skilled and dynamic player. I think this is why he is sensitive and hates harden because he feels lesser deep down inside. I’ve never liked Giannis as a player but the guy is a physical freak much like Zion who can handle the ball, lightening speed and agility for a big man. Poor sensitive Giannis needs to get out of his feelings.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

True, he'll only go there if Dolan sells the team. Supposedly, he was not happy with how they treated his brother after they drafted him.

My guess is the Lakers then...maybe Miami.

BaselineFade and DeBeards like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Tell Harden to make the Olympic team and talk shiet winning a gold medal!

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

HAHA I love it! Unfortunately Harden will become the bad guy in this situation, but f*ck it!

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Relax dude don’t be so boring

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You know he’s already a lock right.

Houstunna, DeBeards and donkeypunch like this.
  10. gotsis

gotsis Member

Love how candid Harden is in this interview. Great questions by Rachel to push the right buttons.

This will be a fun rivalry, really hope we can beat them in the finals, it would be simply awesome.

Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL

D-rock likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey, let's flood Bill Simmons with Rachel's quote. @Clutch @Deuce If anyone wants the source edit to start their own tweet, I can provide a streamable link, too

#72 heypartner, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

harden was a fat kid that love basketball as a kid he had to work his way up. I respect his game. He was always doubted from middle school all way to college.

14. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets win the title and Harden wins the Finals MVP he wont be viewed as the bad guy... all of a sudden he will be viewed as a top 10-20 player all time...

Don't forget the narrative was that Olajuwon wasn't as good as the up and coming David Robinson until Olajuwon said "that is my award" and then drug "The Little Mermaid" up and down the court.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Hahaha I love this

D-rock likes this.
  16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Harden is on a mission, Giannis will get whatever coming next. Harden remember the cheap shot.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

How are you even comparing the two and how they are perceived? Was Harden hated before he was a perennial MVP candidate and before people started talking about Harden as one of the greatest scorers up there with Jordan and Kobe? No, no one cared about him and he got generally great press when people were surprised about how good he was coming out of the 6th man role at OKC. Once all the greatness started happening people feel the need to hate on Harden because they have they love their "greats" and feel the need to diminish Harden. Luka hasn't done anything even worthy of garnering hate yet. He is a good player on an average non-threatening team and that makes him a media darling. He is nothing close to a great yet.

"Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones." -Kobe

Claiming it is a race thing is an ultra-lazy argument with no facts. This type of argument minimizes cases of true racism and makes people roll their eyes every time racism is claimed.

Bo6, Smacktle, DeadGato and 1 other person like this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That’s why I want small ball to work for the Rockets so much because it exposes big men like Gobert who think they’re good but has no skills at all.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Mr. Space City

when giannis called out harden, harden went and lead his team in assist and played lockdown defense in the 4th to help his team win.

giannis now has to hit at least 6 3's on march 25th.

put up or shut up you coward.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I would add that in 2012 when he came to Houston he balled the hell out and garnered love from the media and colleagues all around. IMO, it started when he was searching for too many calls and relying on the refs in 2013 and 2014. He would blatantly flail, look at the refs and just relied on them too much. I think thats where the hate started.