1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrooking Bending...NBA Breaking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Feb 24, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Excellent article about Russ cutting 3's out of his diet and becoming even more unstoppable.

And there is no other coach who could have imagined, let alone influenced Russ to make these changes. MDA did not just put the thought into his head, he eliminated the 5 completely to facilitate and commit to this style of play.

Morey-MDA-Harden and now Russ are the perfect storm that are revolutionizing NBA. It was not just necessity, it was an immutable belief in the math (Morey), scheme (MDA) plus players with the most unique skillsets that forged this path.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/24/21150618/russell-westbrook-houston-rockets-james-harden

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

+1 for using “immutable” in the same sentence as “math”
    ++1 for “immutable belief” ,,,, which, when you think about it, only geeks and robots can possess

3. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Fun read.

"guarding Westbrook is never as simple as guarding Westbrook."

It will be interesting to see if the national media's love of Westbrook tempers their hate of Houston/Harden over the course of the season as more haters watch the games with the new configuration of our team. It feels like it's already beginning to.

I, for one, look forward to more videos of Harden stripping the ball of the other teams center and Brodie dunking over some fool who tried to stop him on the other end. This is gonna be a fun second half.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right. Will it be like that couple who shows up at the party? You love her---"Hey, how you doin', you look great, ha ha ha, come on in, hey!, guess who's here?"---and then he walks in behind her and you're thinking, "How the hell can she have married him?"

Or will one come around to him: "You know, he's really not so bad. Actually, he's okay. I'm gonna apologize to him. Hey, james. Maybe I was wr---wr---wr. Ahem. You know, about you, maybe I was wro---wro---wro---"
    "Don't hurt yourself."
    "OK, thank God. Was about to sprain my tongue there!"

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Two weeks ago he said watching the Rockets isnt fun at all

D-rock likes this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I could not be more happier seeing both Brodie n the beard can keep faith in our coach n his system under which they are playing.
    this league is a place never lack of stories, also never ever refusing to cherish heroic stories.
    DM (gm), MDA (coach) and our backcourt tandem (stars) have all been half doubted for years by the league and media, if they can finally lead this team go through a long draught and end up with rings, that gonna be a brilliant story covering two elements 'talent being doubted' and 'redemption of promise'.

p.s. ben alffleck won't refuse to read through another script as to b-ball subject

#6 DeBeards, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great call by Craig Ackerman on the little Harden to Westbrook lob, which caught our broadcast crew completely by surprise. Them, and everyone else. I’ve watched that about 10 times, and I think we’ll see a more of them. Maybe they’ll mix it up with a Brodie to Beard lob. That would be too cool. :cool:

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Backdoor lob from Brodie to Beard was a staple in OKC.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Westbrook is the perfect center for this system. I mean, he's basically a center in a point guard's body anyway, might as well use him as such.

Rockets are geniuses for going in this direction...it may not end up in a championship, but it's worth a shot.

DeBeards, D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What is...diehard Rockets fan?

D-rock likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want a championship, but this style of basketball is so much fun to watch that if we don't win the big one, at least I know I will have fun watching the game.

We have a few passionate players on our team, hopefully they rub off on Harden and he doesn't get phased by the NBA fixing games during the playoffs.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Absolutely fun to watch and cheer!! Even thought of breaking up this core this soon is ridiculous.

And when I say core, that includes MDA and Morey.

DeBeards, ElPigto and RayRay10 like this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Nah, that gonna kill the Beard, kinda awkward.
    Years ago he didn't put up so much weight yet…look at his vertical jump
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.