1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarre Carroll or MC Ben? Green or Thabo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Feb 23, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Today Mike played...

6. Eric Gordon (lock)
    7. Austin Rivers (lock?)
    8. MC Ben
    9. Jeff Green

DeMarre Carroll, Thabo Sefolosha & Bruno!!! were left out in the cold.

Assuming we have a fully loaded roster with no injuries and Mike plays 9 guys, who would you play?

I LOVE all these guys to varying degrees, but our bench seems like it could use a defensive presence out there. Ben and Green on the floor together scares the living daylights out of me. Mike LOVES Ben.

I want to see some more DeMarre...

pr0wler, BaselineFade, bj3175 and 4 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Demarre Carrol absolutely deserves a shot. Between him and Jeff Green, I even think hes the better player. I also think if hes able to play to his potential, he could take House's spot in the starting lineup, but Im not sure about that. House has been pretty good.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Uhm we have em all signed. He better play em all.

Invisible Fan and saleem like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like House, but yeah man DC was the starting SF on a 60 win team, so I’d love to see that too.

Mike needs to take a long look at DC at someone else’s expense.

I’m really not sure who. MC Ben is growing up in front of our eyes, and I’d hate to zap his confidence right now. Dude doesn’t miss.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

DMC has to earn his minutes. He’s been trash the entire year. B Mac on the other hand has played well.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Carroll over Ben, Green over Thabo. Ben and Thabo can be used in limited minutes.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Easy. MDC over House.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

House was trash tonight.

RocketsTerps, DeBeards and ryano2009 like this.
  9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

His defense is trash.

ryano2009 and D-rock like this.
  10. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I would like to replace DC with Austin Rivers at least for one or two games. Austin is an okay defender but does not shoot the lights out like Ben.

11. Mr. Space City

Mclemore is an enigma. On one end, he's turned into the Rockets best pure shooter, but he's also a complete defensive liability. He's constantly out of position, can't stay in front of his man, gets easily bullied, and commits low iq shooting fouls.

Green is nothing more than a limited minutes backup 4 / smallball 5, but i think he has more upside than Thabo.

I don't know what to think of House. He's so sporadic for a starting player. I worry about him starting with Tucker, becuase its a high percentage both of them score under 10 points each in the same game. I just dont see a championship caliber team with House in the starting lineup. Feels like his best role is a backup SF.

Would like to see Carroll take House spot in the starting lineup, but I don't even know what type of player he is in this offense, because he can't even crack the main rotation yet.

Zboy, DeBeards, BaselineFade and 5 others like this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The team is fine. Some nights guys are just not going to have it and then MDA needs to make the adjustment with the correct players. High volume wide open opportunity shooters:house, BMac,sefolosha,green, Carroll I think the matchup also plays a part

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mike Dan Tony will play 4 to 6 guys come playoff time.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

McLemore was really freaking bad on defense in the first half.

His shooting is awesome so he'll get a long leash, but if he has many more like today, he should be the odd man out.

Thabo is just injury depth.

15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

MDA just give the player one chance, if the player cannot perform good, he will keep on the bench

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

17. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

MC Ben is a major defensive liability, he'll be lucky to get spot minutes come playoffs. I'd like to see DMC get more minutes and see his potential.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

We will never expand the rotation, 8-9 guys is what it is. I bet by the play-offs McLemore gets sporadic minutes and we will see 1 guy out of Thabo, Green & Carroll with regular minutes. Green is obviously getting a shot right now due to his 10-day contract. I've not seen anything special so far, aside from being able to dribble into the paint, pass and ability to dunk. I think Carroll can hang defensively, but he's kind of awkward on offense. Let's wait and see. As long as all guys get a chance, I'm good. Right now, until proven otherwise, I'm still with Thabo as the best "big" back-up given his ability to get steals and knack for rebounding.

RudyTBag and DeBeards like this.
  19. mightybosstone

Carroll should be getting minutes. His length and defense have the potential to make him a real difference maker. But I agree he's got to earn his minutes, and Green is on a 10-day contract, so they need to know what they have in the guy.

I do think the Rockets have the kind of depth right now that MDA can always make the decision on playing time based on performance that night. If Green or House or McLemore have a bad stretch, put in Carroll or Green or Thabo. If a guy has a hot hand, keep him on the floor.

But the rest of the season needs to be about finding the right mix of guys in the right rotations to develop some kind of consistency.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dafuq is this about? This plus the instragam posting saying he loves Jazz fans or something like that is not giving me good vibes about him