1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lebron against Morey and Astros; he must hate Houston

2. HookemHorns1250

Lol. All this is doing is making me forgive my stros even quicker.

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Chrissy Teigen will "break the internet" when she "throws shade" at the Astros tomorrow and then "claps back" at disgruntled Asstro fans comments.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Exactly. If this doesnt galavanize the fans, Dusty, the team, then I dont know what will

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Hope this is the turning point for the city to finally embrace being the heel.

Houston had been too nice of a sports city for far too long and still gets shitted on by major markets like LA and NY.

Time to go full blown ******* like Philly.

macho GRANDE, Nook, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We did his boys Melo and CP3 dirty. Not surprising.

7. AstrosRockets1818

So Correa said no Trash Cans in the playoffs ... and now Manfred just confirmed trash cans were used in the playoffs

8. phasors28

phasors28 Member

I thought Correa said they used trash cans in the playoffs but they were ineffective due to noise

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I’ll have to go back and watch, but I feel like he said something along the lines of it being impossible to steal signs in the playoffs. Which would technically not be a denial of attempting to use trash cans, just a comment on the effectiveness. But if he flat out said no banging, then that’s not a good look.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Correa also contradicted the report saying "nothing" happened in 2018 too. Real bad look

Regardless, if MLB really wants to halt sign-stealing, they need to institute electronic communication between catcher-pitcher, ala coach-QB in football.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Astros HAVE to win it all this year

htwnbandit likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

From what I've seen, MLB Network is doing a great job of covering this topic fairly, namely Baseball Tonight. All commentary has been reasonable, rational, and they've mostly said what we've been saying. Harold Reynolds brokedown Altuve's AB vs Chapman well, Smotlz has warned teams/players about having their own house in order before they speak, and they've spoke on some players' overreaction to the situation.

13. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Hey lebron, where does collusion rank on your list of acceptable ways to cheat the game?

astros123, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Go figure. I can't think of one ex-player who has come out and said anything negative about the Astros. Most of those guys come from the era where if you have means to get an edge on someone, you take it. I'm not condoning what the Astros did (and neither are they), but there has to be some level of nuance to the discussion. Right now it's just, "HURRR DURR ASTROS ARE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO BASEBALL, AND IF YOU LIKE THEM, YOU'RE A NAZI!!11!!" The fact that there was never a direct mandate on what kind of punishments would be levied if they were caught using technology to steal signs pretty much puts an end to any discussion revolving around player suspensions/fines. You'd think other active players realize that it would be their OWN MLBPA that would destroy Manfred in court if they tried to bring punishment to the Astros players, but that would require actual critical thought coming from the players (and opposing fans).

Houstunna likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

[​IMG]

I'm hoping if 1-9 hitters get bean for no-reason. I hope Dusty does the same.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I believe that's what he argued in the interview. I don't recall him saying yes or no to actually banging trash cans in the playoffs (how the hell would they even hear them with as loud as it would be), but he did say it was almost impossible to gain an advantage and steal signs cause teams were changing them all the time. They may have tried, I'm sure they did, but how effective it was, if any, remains to be seen.

And as for '18 he said they didn't use the trash cans but the video room stuff was still going on for a short bit. Has anyone actually found footage of banging from '18?

RayRay10 and Handles like this.
  18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

He said, and I quote, "the trashcans were there, and yeah if there was an opportunity, it was there. But there werent any opportunities, [...] signs in the playoffs are like Morse code. The games are too important."

Also Keuchel said recently, "we went into dodger stadium with a bunch of combinations of signs, they came here and they had a bunch of combinations of signs, it was just how it was due to all the rumors." Keuchel also recently said, "go watch the '17 playoffs, 6/8 teams had multiple sign combinations and mound visits WITH NO RUNNERS ON, why do you think? It was the way baseball was that season."

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

So why are the Stros getting all the crap? We know Cora cheated his way to a title in Boston.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know if it was already posted, but DAMN, Dallas!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.