1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fascist tries to kill civilians for political beliefs/Most media ignores it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jonathan Turley's commentary on the New Hampshire incident, which also includes a link to the tweet from yesterday (below):

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/02/...s-15-year-old-boy-at-republican-polling-site/

mick fry and dachuda86 like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Those in power will protect these attacks for as long as they keep getting reelected. I would like to be shocked but I am not sadly. This is going to get worse before it gets better. The key will be to continue filming this stuff and letting the voters see who is sane. These people need help.

These are not brave people. These are people with mental illnesses lashing out. The more this is filmed, the better.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

WHY IS THE WASHINGTON POST NOT COVERING THIS INCIDENT???

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sort of related:

"After Attending a Trump Rally, I Realized Democrats Are Not Ready For 2020: I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years, but my experience made me realize just how out of touch my party is with the country at large"

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-d...t-trump-s-rally-in-new-hampshire-c69ddaaf6d07

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WTF? Let's go back to what authority is in its relationship to Fascism.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What actions make him a fascist? Again what is the definition of fascism?

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again that is not fascism.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They don't have to be an authority but to push for their authority through violence and intimidation is enough to qualify as philosophically under the term in this case. Their actions are fascistic if they seek to use violence and intimidation to push their beliefs and suppress others, and to establish their chosen politics as the new authority. Furthermore, the person choosing to use violence to push their views IS making themselves the authority in this situation and in similar situations. To use violence against innocents in order to intimidate or kill political opponents, to push your beliefs in such a way, is electing to make your self the judge, jury, and executioner... it is a belief in one's superiority and the belief that one has an obligation and right to enact violence on another that makes that person a self elected authority.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're wrong. See post above. If you're still confused, you're still wrong. Go read the other posts in this argument or even seek help from outside sources beyond a single definition because there are many. Repeat until cleansed of ignorance.

Apart from that, you seem to be eager to downplay this guy's actions. Why is that?

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I am not confused but I think you might be. What is the definition of fascism? So how is this person a fascist?

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ok that is the definition of terrorism which I said that guy is. How is he a fascist?

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Me calling him a domestic terrorist is down playing his actions? Lol how so? Man you need to stop. You are digging yourself a deeper hole.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We can use yours which I already mentioned is similar to what happened. A tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.

Cut the or out to apply it to this particular individual. They have demonstrated, by their actions, they are fascistic. They have proven their tendency toward strong autocratic control through the use of extreme political violence. I further explained how this was so in previous posts.

This word has many meanings and applications so I am not shocked some of you are struggling. Mostly because many of you have been taught a single way of thinking or you on a deeper level, or very consciously, sympathize with the individual this thread is about.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're just trying to get the label of fascist off him so diligently. I think you may sympathize with the terrorist on some level.

I would offer to help you out of your hole, but you can pull yourself up with your bootstraps right?

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not Fascism.

dobro1229 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If confused, read http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-media-ignores-it.303840/page-4#post-12857191

If still confused, I likely can't help you. I have used my own debate opponent's definition and it supports my assessment.

And again there is no single definition because there have been many over the years and it continues to evolve in different circles. But I will say that I think it has been defined and I've done my best to explain it. If you think I am wrong go ahead, but I did explain it.

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

really how? He is not a fascist period a domestic terrorist he is.

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Really show me one news article that labels him as a fascist

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This person does not have autocratic control or dictatorial power. It is pretty simple. He isn't supporting someone who has that. He isn't helping someone who has that.

If you think you are using that definition, you are mistaken.

Nook likes this.