1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dun Broek em Hoff real bad.

vator and BigShasta like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think Broekhoff is definitely a player he would play and maybe also Johnson. My hope is that they compile shooters and Dantoni can then go, well house is off today let me put in Broekhoff

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If the Til has given DM the green light to pick up multiple buyout guys, absolutely Broekhoff shoudl be one. If it's a situation where they want to target one buyout guy, then I can understand waiting still.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tyler Johnson is more playable than Clemons for sure.

And he is same size and length as Rivers, just more explosive (speed, hops), crazier handles, better rim protector and rebounder.

Both are hounds on defense but the difference in speed and max vert is a game changer (42" vs. 37").

And Rivers is gone next season IMO. Johnson would play for vet min. Would be crazy to have another insane athlete backing up Westbrook to push breakneck pace when Russ sits.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would the Spurs buy out DeMarre Carroll? He has 2 more years on his deal so, probably unlikely. But he never plays for them.

I know they shopped him at the deadline. Is he washed? I think Carroll could be a good fit on the Rockets at the 3/4 spot off the bench.

DeBeards, Nook and baller4life315 like this.
  6. onreego

onreego Member

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

is there more of a ‘fit’ guy than DMC? Whe he fits he hits; when not, he sits. A lot.

8. Naismith

Naismith Member

I hope you are underestimate Brono we need his 7' 3 wingspan and athleticism this year but will he get play??

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'3 Frazier over 6'10 Bolden(24), 7'0 Bender (22) or even 6'6 Justin Anderson (26)?????

OMG!!!

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

7'7 wingspan

11. Naismith

Naismith Member

I've read 7'6' But he is a freak

D-rock likes this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

In regards to Bender:

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need more 3-D "LINEBACKERS" who are disruptors on both perimeter AND low block.

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/features/robert-covington-defense-havoc-timberwolves-trade

Justin Anderson would give the Rockets another T H I C C disruptor on defense.

And with his 43" max vert, we would not have to hold our breath when he goes for a layup. Anderson brings the thunder to rim high and hard.

Sign another DOG, Morey!!!!

14. onreego

onreego Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Morey uses one of roster spots to sign Michael Frazier it will be very very disappointing.

For one, they do not have to sign him to retain him - he has tons of time left on his 2 Way.

And two, he is not playable. Rockets have too many guards as is and another 6'3 guy who cannot create for himself or be instant offense off the bench is redundant waste.

Should have just signed 6'9 Ray Spalding (7'5 wingspan) from Vipers if he is just going to waste those 2 open spots.

Sad.

BHannes2BHonest and DeBeards like this.
  17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Where have you been? The past couple of years Morey has been signing G-league scrubs and calling it a day. And if it’s true what Bimathug said about the Rockets trying to get someone to agree to a 3 yr non-guaranteed deal, no rotation worthy player is going to agree to such a low ball offer.

eliefor3 and DeBeards like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was here last season when Rockets signed Austin Rivers and Kenneth Faried.

And the season before that they signed Joe Johnson and Brandan Wright.

Season before that Morey traded for Lou Williams.

And season before that Morey signed Josh Smith and Pablo Prigioni.

Season before that they acquired Jason Terry and Corey Brewer.

Should I keep going?

RayRay10 and DeBeards like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The idea is to try and sign a young or raw player with a skill set that fits the Rockets needs to a 3 year non guaranteed deal and then use another roster space for someone that is potentially bought out.

Signing a younger an unproven prospect to a 3 year deal is smart.

Deuce, RayRay10, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, sign some scrubs like they did the last two years. Take our 10-days, (and in April) rest of season deals.

Le'Bryan Nash, Tim Quarterman, Aaron Jackson, Terrence Jones, Chris Chiozza, Trevon Duval(claimed on waivers), Michael Frazier

Everyone getting excited for Marvin, MKG, Harkless or otherwise anyone else "good"...ha.

"Rockets saving their MLE for the buyout market"
    "Rockets waiving Gary Clark, I promise not for LT reasons! ... plan to sign someone...SOON"

Tilman's minions going to work...

I don't know why anyone buys Tilman's, Morey's or Feign's ****...