1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Alex Bregman sleep with Jeff Passan's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Jesus this Passan guy is on a power trip of Astros libel. How is ESPN allowing his opinion pieces to be portrayed as fact? Everything this douche manufactures is garbage against the Astros. Are you telling me that a billion dollar organization is powerless against this **** smear?

#1 RKREBORN, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Fantasma Negro

Probably, Bregs is a stud

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When you sue for libel you have to open yourself up to outside investigation so yeah, the Astros are just gonna take it.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Jayson Stark has said the Astros are not on par with the 1919 White Sox and Lance Armstrong.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No we're higher. Maybe on par with the Third Reich and NAMBLA.

I really wonder just how much smaller a story this would have been before the age of internet click counting. These writers are absolutely adoring this cheap material right now.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Well it is bad when Stark is piling on, he usually doesn't go to this extreme like Passan (the social justice warrior) and others do..... this morning I heard the top talking head in sports radio say "I am not going to let this die. We control the narrative, the Astros do not. They have to take it. I have spoken to Passan and Ken (Rosenthal) and this isn't over. This story is so big and so bad. They are mud."

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.

I loved the tweet yesterday that said "This story is done when the media says its done!"

They're basically in the biggest baseball media circle jerk of all time. The general public actually doesn't really give two ***** about how professional baseball players apologize.

Like I said earlier, its only a matter of time before other teams, and their fan bases, wonder when the hell the coverage will move on to something more global... but if every single baseball writer wants to follow and write about the Astros 24/7, be my guest.

These guys are that good, and ultimately likable (minus BBS-viewed Correa) that they'll probably win them over.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Can’t wait to hear the excuse this year when they tear the cover off the ball(once again).

BigShasta and jklb like this.
  9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’d like to throw a beer and or punches at Fiers, Bellinger, Stephen A. right now

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can't wait till the whole investigation is over and the yanks and sox or some other team are also found to have cheated i wonder if they will feel the same way.

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Everyone already knows the Sox cheated, even before Cora arrived in 2017. It's too late. Passan is intent on burning us at the stake because he broke our story and it gets him clicks. He is going to do this to us for the next 10 years, regardless of how many other teams were cheating.

clutchdabear, Spacemoth and RayRay10 like this.
  12. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

“He fell today, and I may fall tomorrow.” - Charles Spurgeon

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Never gonna happen. It's clear that Manfred is vilifying the Astros as a way of keeping the overall integrity of the sport in tact. There is absolutely zero chance that any other team will be implicated to the same level as us because that ruins his narrative of "the Astros were rogues, and took advantage of every other team in the sport." Media loves it because they can keep pounding the hammer on us for clicks, opposing players love it because they can be sanctimonious shitbags knowing that it will never come back onto them, and the other fans love it because they can dive head-first into Cancel Culture and fuel their faux outrage.

payaso, Hey Now!, Gray_Jay and 16 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jordan would have been destroyed for letting his father get killed and then the whole conspiracy of him having to retire because of gambling

homewight and RayRay10 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No ****.

Not directing this at you nook.

Nook likes this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When the story was the Yankees and Red Sox accusing each other of stealing signs with Apple Watches and the Yes Network it was covered in a "bitter old rivals" kind of way. They mention the cheating, but the story was mainly told as if merely another chapter in baseball's Hatfields and McCoys longtime feud. With the Astros, it's as if they were caught molesting kids in the showers.

Stealing signs through underhanded (electronic/digital/whatever) methods, something Jack McDowell said has been going on since at least the eighties, is now some sort of crime against humanity that gave the Astros unholy powers to forever damage the sport of baseball.

There have been fines, suspensions, and firings. Enough of this ****.

payaso, Gray_Jay, Houstunna and 16 others like this.
  17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

So you are saying that the so called red sox investigation is a smoke screen.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's already been stated by multiple reporters that the allegations being levied on the Red Sox are nowhere near the same level as the Astros. We ride alone on this one, and are going to have to bear the brunt of the consequences for years to come.

CrazyJoeDavola and RKREBORN like this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member

So if it's not as bad with the sox why haven't they handed out the results.