1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now it's all on D'Antoni!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 12, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Imo... we have all the pieces...
    2 MVPs...
    The rest of the team just recently beat Utah sans the MVPs....

My expectations are that high bc collectively the brain trust running this team is making millions upon millions of dollars.... and this isnt MDA or DMs first rodeo....

Harden has gotten his MVP... he's got his buddy WB onboard... I would think at this point it would be all about cementing his legacy with a championship.... screw the stats... its about winning at this point....

2. kjayp

We are all about gimmicks, man....

We take good ideas and run them out to the nth degree as though basketball is an algebra problem to be solved.... a small ball lineup has merits at various times - but should we have traded away our center and basically painted ourselves into a corner with small ball? Obviously the league has realized 3s are beneficial - does that mean we should chuck 50+ of them a game? I've always said its about balance... between offense and defensive priorities... for shot selection.... etc... but we are always obsessed with if some is good - more is better - which isnt always the case

DM wants to prove he's smarter than everyone else... MDA wants to be revered as an offensive guru....

I wish we would just play the game straight up and allow our superior talent to win out... rather than live by the 3 die by the 3.... etc...

3. kjayp

1st year for PG/Kawhi pairing on a totally different team for both... I'd expect at least 1 year before they should be challenging...
    Lakers? AD? People on here keep saying the age of the big man is over... and a 35 year old LBJ....

Seriously...
    How would you rank the pairings...
    PG/Kawhi
    AD/LBJ
    JH/WB

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I usually don't like to post negative stuff about the rockets here, I'd rather keep it to myself. But since you asked me directly I'll answer it honestly, I'd probably put them in the order you listed. Maybe swap 1 and 2, but if I'm trying to win a championship this year, I would definitely have JH/WB in third out of that group.

hakeem94, HP3 and kjayp like this.
  5. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

I’m banking on Denver or Utah getting the #3 seed and us getting the #2 so the LA teams can have a bloodbath on the other side of the bracket.

6. kjayp

Fair enough - thank you for your honesty...

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Gtfoh...
    James harden warmed the bench for the okc thunder in a championship series against LeBron.

Scottie Brooks knows nba talent, and Scottie Brooks played harden from the bench against lebron in a championship series.

Didn't Lakers whoop rockets already!?!?

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm curious, how do you rank them? I'd be interested to know how everyone else on here ranks them too, if anyone else wants to share their opinion.

HP3 and kjayp like this.
  9. kjayp

I think in a vacuum PG/Kawhi is the best option long term... but as aforementioned they are both on a new team... both have been a little banged up this season... so I'd actually rank them 3rd for this year when factoring in everybodys current situation...

LBJ/AD may be the best duo this year - but talk a rapidly closing window... I think LBJ could continue to play for another decade at a high level - but not necessarily MVP level.... LBJ and Lakers didnt even make the playoffs last year... Vogel hasnt even had a full year...

Imo... Harden and WB are in the best situation and have comparable talent to the other 2 duos... DM and MDA have had years to tinker with this team... granted the Tilman factor is a huge negative - as far as adding talent vs LTS... but this team should be further along than the 2 LA teams...

Honestly, I think most of our shortcomings arent about talent - but ego driven...

The stuborness of MDA regarding adjustments....

DMs devotion to advanced analytics and not enough respect for intangibles such as chemistry and creating a culture... and even coaching....

Tilman thinks people are too stupid to see his miser ways vs actually doing 'whatever it takes' to win...

Harden... I think has been too stats and accolades driven in the past - I think he's adjusting his priorities....

WB has already put his ego on the back burner for the sake of the team by not continuing to chuck 3s...

The rest of the team has stepped up their defensive tenacity as they see their leaders putting in the effort in that respect... I dont really see any habitual malcontents on our squad - they just need to be led...

So I think we got the easiest row to hoe... its easier to adjust mindsets than create/acquire the necessary talent to win...

...imo...

harold bingo likes this.
  10. kjayp

Its a question, man....
    Idk what the reference from a situation nearly a decade ago has to do with present day....

rank em in your opinion...

11. smp

smp Member

JH/WB- if the real James Harden shows up

AD/LBJ- LBJ is still producing, but he is getting older and slower. It has to catch him up to him at some point soon. Steroids and hair plugs can only keep you young for so long.

PG/Kawhi- PG is overrated

Adiano-Malko, kjayp and D-rock like this.
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rank you are asking is basically fantasy basketball that will never have a chance of even happening.

There is no rank man. Harden doesn't see the light of day matched with LeBron.

Harden didn't even start in a series against LeBron years ago and harden doesn't have the support cast to get out the first round let alone hopes of making it past a second round!!!

#32 smoothie_king, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I going to leave this right here and let the twits continue twitting.

#33 D-rock, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Adiano-Malko and BaselineFade like this.
  14. MONON

MONON Member

He may play Bruno 20 minutes a season, but don't get your hopes up.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not be surprised if Bruno ends up the starting 5 by season's end.

Brodie
    Beard
    Bob
    PJ
    Bruno

Adiano-Malko likes this.
  16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Who the heck is bruno.!?

Is that the *** movie actor or movie about a gay foreigner!?!?

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

just now all up to D'Antoni? or when they offered a $5 million one-year extension with an additional $1 million per round he won? or ultimately if he makes/fails some owner/management measure of success this season?

the Rockets have made it pretty clear imo ... put up or shut up season for him.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reported, hope u fry.

jcf and Adiano-Malko like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a movie with said character.

He isn't incorrect.

He either doesn't care to research about Caboclo, or it was an attempt at sarcastic humor.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets not a top 8 team by allstar break, broke azz owner cheaped out team into mediocrity, we are left with a clearly broken roster severely lacking in multiple areas, yet it's all on MDA now.

[​IMG]