1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

Stafford? might as well put Baker at 9.
    There won't be consistency with the "week to week " Offense until Deshaun is s 26 0r 27 yrs of age. You can't run that Offense with a Journey man like in the 2014-2016 seasons, You couldn't even run it with a 24 year old Brady if you wanted.
    I love the concept of morphing into all these offenses in theory but what is it they say? Jack of all trades master of none. Need an offense that can scheme receivers open, the frustrating thing is B'ob can do it.
    We've seen analysts show everything wrong with the hot routes. We've also seen how vital pick plays and screens are for opening up the entire playbook for certain qbs who I will not name.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

According to Rick, Watson was his pick all the way. O'brien was "meh. Do you bro. I'll clean up your mess and save the day."

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Seriously, You got "meh. Do you bro. I'll clean up your mess and save the day." from that? We know O'Brien wanted Mahomes. It sounds like O'Brien was leaving the Watson decision to Smith, and was not against the move. One thing we know Smith had a feel for was 1st round picks. O'Brien did like Watson in their meetings, but preferred Mahomes. Nothing wrong with that.

Blatz and raining threes like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

According to the quote, no one (including O'Brien) wanted to trade a 1st round pick for Watson. Nobody else was interested in making a move. If O'Brien liked Watson as much he would have been all for trading up once Mahommes was off the board. "If you have a feeling in your gut, do it" might as well be "meh. Do you bro." The "I'll coach him up" is laughable.

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hell, there were people on this board that didn't want to give up a 1st round pick for Watson. There will always be people not willing to lose 1st rounders to move up. Texans have done it ONCE. Doesn't mean they don't like the player. That's why the GM is there. As O'Brien found out, you trade 1st rounders...expect criticism.

raining threes likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. raining threes

This says it all.

RS has left his mark (Screwed up) for another 5 years.

RS is the **** stain on your kids underwear that you just cant get out.

He just needs to go away.

10. raining threes

O'Brien wanted Mahomes and RS wouldn't give up the 3rd it would've taken to get him. A decision that RS made that will haunt this franchise for the next decade.

Blatz likes this.
  11. raining threes

Says it all

A picture of incompetence.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson and Mahomes isnt that much dramatically different. Like if u plug Watson into the Chief's team, pretty sure u can replicate similar results or something like that.

Idk why u are so focused on this part, when the whole team is lacking so much more important pieces.

Hell even if we had Mahomes, our team is still lacking cause our hc/gm sucks at building a competent team.

Fulgore likes this.
  13. raining threes

More talent

Smarter

Mahomes

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And like i said, Mahomes isnt gonna do jack sht with BoB as his coach. An iffy oline + a sht defense. Keep pining for Mahomes, though.

I can't wait until either Watson finds a new team or BoB is fired. Texans franchise r skilled at wasting the career of great players.

Fulgore, Pringles and coachbadlee like this.
  15. raining threes

I wish RS had drafted Mahomes so we could've found out.

Are you saying Watson is more talented than Mahomes?

Mahomes played without his LT and a hurt OL for most of the season and an iffy defense. In two years of starting Mahomes went to an AFCCG which his team lost in OT without getting the ball back and this year helped get Reid his first Lombardi in 18 years.

Fact is Mahomes is much better than Watson and is the next great QB. He reminds me of a young Rodgers. Watson reminds me of McNabb. there's a clear talent level difference.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

im saying regardless of who we had, Mahomes will not get a ring especially if BoB is his coach. Im comparing coaches, Reid vs BoB. U can pine for him all u want, but Mahomes was blessed to not get the texans, he wouldnt have shine at all with BoB coaching him.

Pringles likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um.....Watson is already better than McNabb ever was. Sorry.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....No. Watson is a great QB. Chiefs were in better position than the Texans...talent-wise on offense. Texans finally have their O-line in position to be very good over the next few years.

coachbadlee and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So I'm guessing you like BoB as the GM because of all the vomit you're spewing out about RS.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Fulgore likes this.