1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I wouldn’t mind getting Marvin AND bolden.

2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I honestly respect this, but I think preparation for playoff challenges are kept to winning a championship. I really would like a Maevin William's and Anthony Bennett to different degrees than a Tristan Thompson for the MDA style but for Tristan actually gives us something that we need and are in short supply of in terms of effort rebounds and good front defense.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What teams have priority over us in the claim line?

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I always liked him even in UNC, but I my opinion I feel something is missing with him as a pro and that he is not a very reliable player.

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  5. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Question....are these players, who are considering buy outs, agents allowed to hype their players to other teams or is that considered tampering ?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont mind TT but a true center is not our priority.

I would say this order of urgency:

1) MKG
    2) Marvin Williams/Jonah Bolden type
    3) true center - TT, KOQ

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

he got a 7’2” wingspan put him in the cue.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

sorry 6’8” wingspan, your arms too short Evan.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Harkless, Marvin Williams, MKG, Kieff...2 of those 4 and we'll be set.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

If Harkless gets bought out, sign me up! He would fit seamlessly into what we do and can switch on everything. Watch this video of the Clips against the Lakers earlier this season. Several times he was matched up on Dwight Howard and Anthony Davis and he held up more often than not. Blocks, steals, can attack the basket a little, and 3 pointers. This isn't a crazy game where he just got hot, you can clearly imagine him in our system. This game he had 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Plus a crappy shooter.

D-rock likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I can see that. My hope is that maturity and not wanting his legacy to be a "bust". Push him to want to play for a contender and plays lights out for a contender (esp. Rox)
    Check his #'s out on basketball reference. He played pretty well for MIL when they were a contender (last year).

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't think we need another guard, but I would almost give my left nut for Harkess.

BaselineFade, TheRedRanger and D-rock like this.
  16. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Harkless, Williams, and Bolden would be good pickups. I’m intrigued mostly with Bolden since he’s just a rookie. Give this kid a little time and he might turn out to be a real player. Hell, I’d sign him just to let him develop in the D league for a bit and then call him up when he’s ready. Defensively he can step right in and handle some minutes at the center/PF position. Love the idea of Harkless since he’s solid defensively and can shoot a bit. Not a great shooter but he has good size and knows how to get to the rack. And if there’s a chance to sign all three of these guys I think the Rockets should part ways what Tyson Chandler. I don’t see him getting any minutes unless several players go out injured.

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Pass on Bolden we already got a reclamation project in Bruno don't have time to wait on another ripe dude. Marvin or Moe please!

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Westbrook
    Harden
    Harkless
    Covington
    Tucker

That would be a fun line up to watch

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have too many dinosaurs, need to invest end of bench on youth. Long athletic youth.

Every starter is 29 or older. Tucker is 34. Thabo is 35 and Tyson is 300.

Bolden is a wise investment because he fits the new system better than Harty or Clemons. There are no more draft picks.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Personally wouldn't be opposed to it. After all, you can never have enough wings.

The Knicks did tell him that if he wants to go to a contender, they're willing to accommodate for that. However, it's worth noting that he is a native NY kid, he'll likely see a good amount of minutes there, he's young and he's owed $11m on the year before coming off the books this summer. I believe he'll finish the year out with them and try to prove his worth for a new deal.

joshuaao and pippendagimp like this.