1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

With RoCo & Bruno back, let’s finish this with TJones & Dekker

malakas and steddinotayto like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought on buy outs that pick their team. Most fans think about the game as the product they are picking from because it’s what the public sees. It’s the franchise’s culture then the opportunity to be an asset that the players sees. Opportunity for next contract versus quality of life like the Mavericks jet and what not.

joshuaao, Tristan_fiore and D-rock like this.
  3. Arnaud

Arnaud Member

Jonah Bolden could be a good pickup, but not convinced he gets bought out by the 76ers.

I know he's already been mentionned but I really think we should get Joakim Noah, for the rest of the season. He's coming back from an injury but I'm not too worried about it, not his first time going through that. He showed last year in Memphis he can still play and be impactful (averaged 7 pts and almost 6 rebounds in 16 minutes per game). Good defender, rebounder, rim protector, roll man, not a bad passer either, can finish at the rim, 6'11 (7'1 wingspan), etc... doesn't stretch the floor at all but I think he fits our need for a center you can give 10-15 minutes a game and throw at some other bigs occasionnally, for specific matchups or if we're getting bullied in the paint. Great energy also, playing for a contender would be huge for him, plus I'm pretty sure we could get him for a minimum deal. I think he could be useful during the playoffs.

Gotta admit I'm not too excited about the other buyout candidates for the moment, but we'll see when the time comes I guess.

buffalobills!!! and D-rock like this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Damn Harkless been in the league this long? It feels like yesterday when he was a rookie with Orlando

T FOR 3!!! and malakas like this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Dekker actually sounds decent... Hell I wouldn't even mind Kostas Papanikoulau.

leangle25 and swoosh1014 like this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Joakim Noah would be interesting. I mean we would really only need him for 10 to 15 minutes per game when Russ is out. Kyle O’Quinn sounds like a target as well. Could also go after Marvin Williams as well if he is bought out. Seems like those are the best options. Maybe John Henson, if he gets bought out.

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I think Noah would be a good fit here with an all around skill set. Could easily play 15 productive minutes a night against certain teams with a productive big.

8. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I would welcome Noah though I do think if they need a big in the playoffs D’antoni feels comfortable enough with Tyson Chandler.

We have to be realistic here. What we want out of a buyout candidate is an upgrade from Thabo. We’re not getting someone better than Harden Westbrook EG Rivers Roco PJ House McLemore. That’s an 8 man rotation. Would probably like 9.
    He’s definitely not a great player but I would like to see Marvin Williams bought out and come here. He’d be better than Thabo I think.

GotGame15 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Repeat after me Marvin Williams.

We need to speak this into existence.

Cmon Charlotte do the right thing.

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

So I don’t expect the Rockets to go after a true center but I would at least like them to get a stretch 4/5. Someone who can shoot but is way taller than 6’5”. Maybe someone like Marvin Williams or Markieff Morris (if they get bought out). Personally I think when WB is out of the game they should play a big just to decrease the wear and tear on the rest of the roster. Especially Tucker with his nerve damage. I don’t think it happens though because D’Antoni and Morey have completely bought in. Last night when Westbrook was out of the game, all I could think was why wasn’t Chandler in the game or even Hartenstein at those points. Like 10-15 minutes max. Honestly I would even be fine with Noah in those spurts. He probably has a lot more in the tank than Chandler and is a better defender than Hartenstein too. So maybe someone D’Antoni would trust more.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Harkless would be a real nice pick up

Nook and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

How about IT, if we just want shooter who can backup westbrooks.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MKG, Justin Patton and Jonah Bolden are my hopes.

MKG can be our new Luc now that we got our new Ariza.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Sixers waived Bolden!

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Well here we go. Long C type with shooting range potential... Let's see if Morey takes a look at him.

joshuaao, IslandB.O.I. and DeBeards like this.
  17. kevcai

kevcai Member

Marvin Williams, Jonah Bolden, and Harkless would be great. Still wouldn't mind bringing in Jeff Green -- he's not perfect but can take some of those PJ minutes off his shoulders.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I feel like at least part of the Blazers down season is because they don't have guys like Harkless anymore. Absolutely, their injured as crap, too... but they also traded Harkless for Melo types, effectively. And Harkless wasn't even great for them - in fact his worst 3point% year.

I'd definitely take him... but they also "clearly" need a center pick-up as well. By which I mean a big dude that can play center and also hit a three.

joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and DeBeards like this.
  19. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Moe Harkless would be ideal. 6 more fouls for us to use as he is very playable.

He was in the LAC locker room all season taking notes. Even led them in rebounds in a couple of games.

BaselineFade and Nook like this.