1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the trade deadline officially passed, Daryl Morey shifts his focus to the buyout market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 6, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They aren’t Morey’s deals, is the thing. Morey is not making these trades the way he wants to.

Nook likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes but only if we are healthy .

If players are out it’s 50/50 whether he will give an outside player a chance to step in an play.... and if he does it might only be for 3 minutes . So can we really call that 8 man ?

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought this was an old thread.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

eric.81 likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I been with this team since 1971 .... there's been ups and downs but man , I see dark days ahead .... not so much immediately , this small ball may work. Its Ferntits and Ferntits junior that have me tied in knots.

I'd have felt better if they had picked up a proven 4/5 to go along with Covington.

The risk Morey is taking with this commitment to smallball is huge , that along with all the Anit-Morey like moves over the past two years just makes me feel like his time here is short , especially if this experiment doesn't work.

Then we're left with Morey being replaced by Ferntits Junior so he can play NBA2k GM with a real NBA team then we're stuck with Luxury Tax Savings as an owner and Clueless as a GM.

How's Harden feel about the commitment to staying under the tax when he's at the top of his game .... cant be happy. What happens when he demands a trade outa here ? No one left to carry these scrubs , a team that's stuck in the lottery but giving their picks away.

Dark Days Ahead.

RudyTBag, ArtV, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nene, Tyson, green are all unplayable for one reason or another.

MDA uses what he has.

Clemons, Harty and Frazier are too limited.

Nook likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He really doesn't give a F.

vick likes this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So we're not actually going to talk about potential buyout candidates here? This thread is actually just a place to whine and cry? That's fine. I just need to know what we're doing here.

vator likes this.
  9. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

So who exactly is left in the buyout market?

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Morey just got desperate. He knew he had to get a wing before the deadline but he ran out of salary matching pieces so he had to give up Clint. Even of you are committed to full-time small ball, you don’t give up Clint this way. Having Clint gives you more options. Morey should have just flipped EG in the summer, instead of signing him to an extension.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Too limited for what !? We’ve won games with Hartenstein playing 20+ minutes !!

Yes sometimes giving Hartenstein minutes means those are minutes Pj isn’t on the floor ... that means unless pi is playing poorly or Harty is playing great that you are sacrificing net rating ... I get it ! But will it cost you the game ? Who knows ? MDA doesn’t wanna take that chance so he will play pj 40 min .

Over the course of the season that’s hundreds of extra minutes Pj has to play and learning experience Hartenstein doesn’t have .

How many extra games does it win us ? Imo the battle for seeding just isn’t worth it . I’d rather have a fresher PJ and a more experienced Hartenstein ... or you judge at some point in the season that you wanna move on from Hartenstein and you get another player . Or there’s not enough time left in the season , but still you’ve then cut down Pj’s load .

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That’s the risk you take when avoiding the LT is priority number 1 and improving the team is secondary

smp and icewill36 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harty played 6 mins and Rockets got outscored by 11, remember that?

Harty is liability because he compresses space in paint and cannot switch on D.

Clemons plays position that is already stacked 4-5 deep and while he can shoot when he is hot, struggles even defending guards never mind if forced to switch.

Frazier may be the most playable but he is another 6'3 guard, Rockets need much longer 3-D wings.

Nook likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Which game ?

Also this applies to Clark too .

Yes there have been some times this year where our available depth is truly awful. But MDA has shortened the rotations his entire coaching career.

15. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Yeah.. we dont have an F. Everyone in our team are basically Guards

16. smp

smp Member

It’s just kind of funny that the only trades this team can successfully complete under Tilman’s watch are those which save money and get under the tax.

Even the CP3 for Westbrook trade was cheaper per year to get Westbrook. Tilman knows he will never have to pay up the whole contract if he doesn’t want to. He will just unload Westbrook the final year if needed.

I don’t believe other deals weren’t out there which would have made us better but took us into the tax threshold. No way. Not year after year. BS.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

This should not be an option...

If guys are 'too limited' or you get a downturn when they are on the floor - thats when you have to freaking coach! Developing players should not be an optional situation - but a requirement. MDA has to develop guys through the growing pains!

Sorry but I have a real prob with how MDA inflates his stats by running our core into the ground - while able bodied guys are sitting there chomping at the bit to get some playing time... I think this method contributes greatly to his great reg season stats - and his post season shortcomings... imo..

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

LOL. We finally move Clint and look at yall.....

Lets be honest, lots of yall just need those trade dopamine hits.

19. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I’m frustrated. This team as is ,unplayable during season mode on 2k20 lol . Need a buyout big !

seclusion likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

C'mon Snow, this just happened vs. Mavs. Every article out there is citing this example of why even a big as skilled and productive as Clint makes Rockets more inefficient when he is on floor.

And Harty cannot hold Clint's jock strap right now.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...make-small-15032879.php?ipid=amp-related-link

And Clark not on team during smallball run.

Nook and ApacheWarrior like this.