1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have up to 12/13 mill to work with for an additional player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

If EGO is traded it won’t be until the offseason. Since he signed his extension later we won’t be able to trade him.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No D despite high energy. It’s not enough unfortunately.

3. Asian Sensation

Don’t worry. We’ll have plenty when we flame out of the playoffs again and start our rebuild.

4. saleem

All that plus quickness.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People keep mentioning Baynes. He would be a great addition.

But why would Phoenix deal him? And how could we acquire him? And why wouldn't some other team have a better offer than us, since we have literally nothing to offer???

snowconeman22 and Gray_Jay like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree, but I have no hope that MDA would even play a big like Baynes. I seriously worry about the amount of milage we put on PJ and Harden defending the paint night after night. BimaThug made a great point on the pod yesterday with the comparison to Thibs and that Bulls team where he really did damage to the back end of the career of guys like Deng.

snowconeman22 and saleem like this.
  7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think they are trying to get Dedmon and a pick out of it. Dedmon is @ 13.3 for the next 2 years...oh wait a minute. The luxury tax.

hongxingli, jb86 and saleem like this.
  8. saleem

It’s unbelievable that such a skilled player with a high IQ is on a 5.4 M expiring contract.
    He plays like a 28 year old instead of 33.
    Will the Suns trade him because of his sore left hip? Is there something more to it? He hasn’t played since January 18th. He would be a great fit for Houston.

BHannes2BHonest and xaos like this.
  9. dobro1229

Start to rebuild with what exactly? You can only rebuild if you HAVE DRAFT PICKS. Even if they start a rebuild and Harden & Westbrook have value in trades, do we really think they'll have the value needed to recoup anything close to what we've sent out for the next 6 years worth of picks? The Rockets gave up FOUR picks for Westbrook. I honestly think they'd have to GIVE UP picks to move him a year or so from now.

I don't even want to think about having to trade Harden but it's a reality that might happen sooner than people think. If he asks out this Summer maybe we get 2 firsts. 3 if we are lucky. I think people will see him as a MVP player but one where fit alongside other superstars being a tricky one. The teams that would be vying for him would be contenders who most don't have valuable picks to trade to the Rockets.

Anyways... depressing to even think that we would even need to discuss Harden's trade value in a rebuild. Thanks Tillman.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You summed it up nicely, I can only hope they see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

A first plus BMac maybe? I’m not sure if that
    works cap wise. I admit other teams can beat that offer.

12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

From a balance of contract, fit, production and health, in that order: Noel, Baynes, Holmes, Looney, Dedmon

13. Fantasma Negro

14. dobro1229

I don't think they will. Again the theme is arrogance. Arrogance that they are king makers at finding free bees at hugely important positions like STARTING SF,PF, and Center. Arrogance on the need to have draft picks to get young talent. And certainly arrogance that Harden won't ask for a trade on a dime if he wakes up and sees what we all see & he realizes he has a very limited window to win a title & KD calls him this Spring to put it in his head that he can win a title with him and Kyrie in Brooklyn or Curry/Klay call and say he should ask for a trade to GS to win a title there next year. Golden State made the Russell sign & trade exactly for this type of opportunity in the Summer of 2020.

They know that other stars will again want to play & win with Steph/Klay in 2021 & the Russell contract gives them the ability to make that kind of move. The thought of Harden with Golden State should make us all sick, but right now our owner, and front office are making that nightmare a realistic nightmare to lose sleep over.

#54 dobro1229, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Gray_Jay likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Harden is extremely invested in his brand and this city, and stubborn enough to stay till he is at least 32-33 if he must.

He has to adapt to another team's play? That is going to be hard.

KD has tons to prove coming back from injury, won't hold my breath there.

But everything changes in a jiff, right?

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He rebounds

17. rockets13champs

Pause.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

he also probably still hates MDA for nuking his PT last year when he was actually producing in the floor

19. dobro1229

Yeah I agree but its the NBA, and how many stars have we seen NOT at some point ask for a trade request when their team isn't winning titles? Even Lebron left teams that were consistently going to the NBA Finals. KD left GS after winning a title. AD was treated like god in NOLA. Paul George was only a year in at OKC.

And then there's Kawhi who left even AFTER winning a title.

Harden is invested in Houston of course... but it's the NBA. I think we are fools if we think he won't request a trade as early as this Summer if we putter out again in the playoffs, and everyone in the media is talking about how Tillman is broke. I think it's a given that KD or Steph will call Harden this Spring/Summer and things could move fast.

Gray_Jay, daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

upgrade the center position ?