1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans name new GM: Bob O’Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You can voice your displeasure all you want, just whining about the same **** everyday gets old fast.

They don’t care. Since you cant get them to care, you only choice is to find another team. You will feel better...

If this franchise is so horrible, find another. Team will not be sold anytime soon. O’Brien will be atleast 2 more seasons.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Basically I agree he is what he is. He especially needs someone who will hold him accountable and its clear Cal is not that boss.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is amazing Cal is supporting this organizational structure--maybe he's about saving money (to pay a GM) more than doing what's right.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But you were the one that said you consider it a failure to not make the playoffs or lose in the first round. You didn't caveat that. So...again....according to your definition of failure, the only two seasons since O'Brien has been coach that haven't ended in your definition of failure, they have gotten blown out in the second round.

Gray_Jay, CometsWin and Nook like this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well considering the history of professional football in Houston since the 1960s, I'd say his rendition of the future is right on.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now, on this point we agree. But unlike yourself, I can accept why the folks here are angry and pissed off because they happen to actually CARE about winning more than those weeble headed morons in the Texans' organization. This franchise sucks ass and clueless Cal is laughing all the way to the bank because that's how the NFL works. There simply is no incentive for a football organization to strive for excellence because its financial renumeration is not tied to success on the field.

And if you think it's bad here then take a look at this Q&A with another dimwit owner Artthur Blank. All he did was keep a coach who managed to blow a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl and who hasn't done squat since:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news...tations-draft-free-agency-salary-cap-uniforms

I got a huge chuckle on the part about the fans being excited because of the new uniforms. That's mo' money, mo' money for him because they get to spend another $150 on jerseys to wear to the games - those who actually show up that is.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, since the Texans were not going to win without a QB.......anything before Watson doesn't matter. Now after Watson's rookie season were he only played 6 1/2 games, Texans go 11-5 and 10-6...winning the division both times. They lost progressed to the 2nd round this season. The question is, do teams fire coaches are improving on the previous year..when making the playoffs? No, they don't.

Whether you like it not......doesn't matter. Bill O'Brien has the power and it is up to him to improve the team. There is no one else in the way. If you want to rid of O'Brien, you have to let him fail with total control.

You can b****, b****, b****, and b****..........doesn't matter.

You only option is to find another team or wait it out and see what happens. Whining is a waste of time. Voice displeasure? Fine. However, whining about BoB, Cal McNair.....EVERYDAY, the same way....is exhausting.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Whining about other posters gets old faster.

Stay on topic, which is obrien failing up

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Your repetitive complaints in the Astros Forum lead me to believe you are a hypocrite.

BMoney, arkoe, Nook and 4 others like this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

The Astros aren't paying him; the Texans are. Easiest way for me to reconcile the disparity.

Thinking he's paid to write that is actually doing him a favor.

Nook likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess I was right about smelling something not right with the Astros hierarchy. Didn't know what.........I guess we do now.

12. Nook

Nook Member

What you are smelling is your own butt from talking out your butthole.

dmoneybangbang and BMoney like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And yet that "perfect" Astros GM and Manager were fired for lack of institutional control (basically). Complained about the Texans (and Rockets) all you want, but they have never been caught cheating.

14. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Easily the stupidest comment I've read on this forum. BoB Jr., please give my regards to your daddy.

15. CrazyJoeDavola

Your only option is to find another message board or wait it out and see what happens. Whining about others' whining is a waste of time. Voice displeasure? Fine. However, whining about others whining about BoB, Cal McNair.....EVERYDAY, the same way....is exhausting.

BMoney and the11mingdynasty like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You guys are the ones that are SO UNHAPPY, that you can’t enjoy anything about your team. Since the people in charge are not changing, wouldn’t you be happier watching another team? “A REAL FRANCHISE”?

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And yet....What I said is true. Hinch and Luhnow ****ed up the PERFECT situation by letting the underlings run amok.

18. phasors28

phasors28 Member

For the record, the Texans have never really been caught doing anything of real significance.

Blatz and BMoney like this.
  19. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Lol lmao I wish I could like your comment 1,000,000. You have me grinning from ear to ear. Thanks. I needed that :)

Gray_Jay likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

[​IMG]