1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

bonespurs-in-chief commenting on "not very serious" injuries sustained by our American troops...

In a sane world, one might expect a United States president to say something to the effect... "these injuries came after our initial reports of no casualties... but they are very serious and the country thanks these brave soldiers for their service". But the a-hole can't ever admit being wrong, and so he belittles the injuries in order to appear "right".

da_juice and RayRay10 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man imagine the commander in chief making light of TBI.

Don't worry guys, most of my former Marine grunt peers are still going to worship him.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's actually really good for your brain when a shockwave blast passes through it.

RayRay10 and Amiga like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he acknowledged the injuries, he might feel like it is incumbent on him to retaliate against Iran again. Since he'd rather claim victory in the little tit-for-tat with Iran, he needs those injuries to not be serious. In this case, we should perhaps be happy he's being a dick about it, because the alternative could be another escalation with Iran. If there's someone who should be upset, it's the hawks who want an excuse for war.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

He avoided Vietnam thanks to bone spurs and later said that trying to avoid sexually transmitted diseases was “my personal Vietnam,” but Donald Trump knows about war injuries. He says. Trump on Wednesday morning dismissed the injuries to 11 U.S. troops in Iran airstrikes, describing the airlifted service members as having had “headaches and a couple of other things” and saying that he didn’t “consider them serious injuries relative to other injuries I've seen.”

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Anybody know if the defense stocks have gone down a bit since war does not seem imminent this quarter?

7. Nook

Nook Member

34 US servicemen confirmed to have traumatic brain injuries as a result of the Iranian attack.

Trump initially said 0 injuries and claimed that some servicemen "had headaches".

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

they're still holding onto their gains

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

F em up. You don't attack America and get away with it.

Back atcha...what if they did the same and killed Trump.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nobody wants Trump killed. Stop. Him dying just makes him a martyr and the Trumpism movement to be that much more sustainable long term than it would with him being removed from power in the normal democratic process.

Nobody also thinks that if any country attacks us on our mainland that we won’t strike back or shouldn’t in some shape or form.

This accusatory tone is not productive. Yes some Trumpers literally said “kill the b****” at Trump rallies but I believe most Trumpers don’t wish violence on her. They secretly love her as a foil. Like the WWE character you love to boo. With my tribe Trump is that in a way but represents a movement we find dangerous more than anything. He represents a cult of identify politics that resembles something very similar to pre WW2 fascism that is dividing the country and is marketing an autocratic alternative form of government which is dangerous to our right to vote and have free democratic norms. He literally says “I am the chosen one” and has his attorneys arguing in the Senate and in courts that he is above the law. That is what shakes liberals to their core about the guy. Not just the fact that he cannot make coherent sentences 90% of the time.

That doesn’t mean we want him executed and made into a martyr for the movement.

RayRay10 and da_juice like this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You do realize all I did was ask the same question we were asked, right?

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

@da dakota, is this true?

13. dobro1229

DD would be an idiot if he believed that Trump getting assassinated would be a good thing. I know nobody who has openly said he should be assassinated. He would instantly become a martyr for the right, and the person who comes after him would be worse and likely smarter to be the cult leader of that movement. Trumpism has to be defeated by public sentiment, & education of society... not by violence. Everyone I know with half a brain knows this.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don't be a stupid person.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He said it on this site. Get over yourself.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I mean I take your point on martyrdom. But that isn't the only reason we don't want Trump blown up by an Iranian missile, is it? Regardless of the dynamic it might create, we don't want our leaders assassinated by foreign powers. Even if it was the best thing that ever happened to us, I would demand retaliation. To @BigDog63 's point, nobody ****s with us. (Which btw is why it is so frustrating to witness Trump's attempted rapprochement with Russia when we should have been retaliating for election interference.)

I've definitely seen DD say stuff like that. Kinda doubt he really believes it, but who knows.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Of course not. It would certainly drag us quickly into a hot war in minutes. More than Martyrdom it would be a bad thing for Trump to be assassinated. It's crazy that I even have to say that. Just shows how the perception of "liberals" is distorted. In a vacuum would the world be a better place without Trump existing... yes of course. Is it better if he's assassinated in the current state of our countries position??... Of course not.