1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with our superstar and will he get his mojo back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jan 30, 2020.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I hear you, I’ve been all about James up until now. Hope I’m wrong

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

That’s a bit short sighted. We all defend him when the media bashed him. We watch all the games, we read all the rumors.

We have EARNED the right to ask for more from our leaders. That’s how all this works

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My biggest fear? He'll end up on the same career path of Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.

snowconeman22 and harold bingo like this.
  4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

This year's roster is by far the weakest the Rockets have had in years. Harden is playing more minutes than he has in the past 5 years and he's being asked to do more than ever. Russ doesn't play back to backs and the team doesn't have a legit rotation quality SF on the entire roster. You can't win in the modern NBA like that.

5. malakas

malakas Member

What about what Harden has earned?

The minimal trust of the fans?
    He is a former MVP and one of the best offensive players in history.

I watched the game yesterday and it took me only 5 minutes to ascertain that he is injured.
    He can't move well, he can't drive well he can't move his feet well in defence. He can't create fouls.

I am sorry but even a neutral person looking at that would come to the conclusion that he is injured.

But here we have many Rockets fans saying that it's not it?

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree, but given that he insists on saying he's fine, and he keeps playing, it just feeds the haters.

Rest now, be ready later. Instead of fighting through it now, and failing later. Time to break the trend.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He needs to sit if he is hurt... but hear me out.

James Harden for Devin Booker and 2 FRPs.

Who says no?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. gotsis

gotsis Member

Still have hopes it's much more physical than mental. He has no lift, is getting his shots blocks and seems to have even worse lateral movement than before. This indicates it could be he is just injured and should rest.

If it's mental that would really suck, I mean, if he can't get along with Westbrook, his long life friend, he won't be able to play with any other star.

snowconeman22, bro2044 and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Spot on. When he's slaying the league, as he was until Christmas, we love him.
    Then he's hurt but says nothing about it and, BOOM!, trade him for crumbs and scraps.

He sprained a toe some time back but took no time off. Wonder if it's that?

10. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah.
    Well who knows.
    Since the coach or GM won't sit him down, maybe critisism from fans and media will force him to face reality.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Given that Booker is much younger, Phoenix hangs up the phone.

12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

He doesn't care and no.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I saw it last night. No effort, very lazy defense. Im concerned

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

rest him up, not much to worry about. He will get healthy again and back to his December form

His defence hasn't been that bad. His blocks have gone up, he is contesting shots. Has trouble with fast guards but that has been the same always

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then James should take a 2 !

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’ll take Westbrook’s missed 2’s over Harden’s missed 3’s.

when Harden bricks it leads to other teams fast breaks and layups

DeBeards and Greedydex like this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I swear... there is an unknown or undisclosed injury, or something going on in his personal life. Is he dating a Kardashian again? His game was very different w/ and w/o her, but either way Harden is on a 3+week slump and in that time we've won 4 games. His decision-making and defense have plummeted, and we beat the friggin' Jazz in Utah w/o him while playing team ball (and yes, of course making shots, but they were attacking!) and making the best use of the shot clock.

It's not just him.... our coaching team needs to analyze why our team is so inconsistent when everyone is healthy and available, there is an issue there that is not being addressed to maximize their strengths.

Then of course our bench and role players of course need to hit their open shots, however USUALLY there are other things that you can do (defend, rebound, attack the rim, 50/50 balls, energy etc) that can impact a game when shots aren't falling.

I'm worried about Harden, this is a long time to be slumping. Our guys were 25-11, and theres no reason we should be playing below .500 for a month straight.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The comeback was literally "1" game . .. what about the other 3?
    I am also sure that there was a game after it . . ..

So . .all the games we won . . . .which seems to be at least 10 . .3 bad game invalidates all that??

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Caprah

Caprah Member

You are a moron.. the guy clearly looks injured but you can’t expev to reason to itch a lin fan troll like you right Texas Asian fan

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. If I'm a moron, then I'm a moron that's almost always right in my assessment (I called the Westbrook trade before anybody). You on the other hand are another delusional idiot poster making excuses.