1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Wellp. For me this is finally the signature performance that confirms this team is done. Just too flawed and lazy.

Last year's playoff defeat was the end of it for many long-time fans. This season had some glimmer, but it's not worth getting one's hopes up.

Not fun to watch uninspiring basketball.

Little Bit likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He pouts and has s bad attitude when ever he has a bad shooting nights and refs are blowing whistles even when he's healthy. We've seen this before quite a bit.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm telling you guys, Marc Davis hates the Rockets.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

How is that not a shooting foul on Harden?

5. JackLordsHair66

We are headed for the very bottom of the seedings gang as I predicted about 10 days ago, this team is bullshit

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

They are going to continue to take these beatings until they come together like grown men and stop acting like little boys. MDA made the mistake of putting Gordon in the starting lineup. To me looks like a thrown game by MDA

DeBeards likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Too much money tied up in players that don’t want to play defense. Wholesale changes need to be made, including the entire coaching staff. What’s the point of Elston Turner?

8. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Crazy how we go from beating the 2nd place team in the West without Harden/WB/Capela and then look like absolute dog sh*t against the 10TH PLACE team 48 hours later. If not for that Utah game I could see D'antoni getting fired very soon.

malakas likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Whitesides camps out in the lane more than gobert. Clint has been a non factor

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Agreed. But that 17-18 Harden man he was a blast. Team player, played both sides, always engaged. Last year he started fading away and now this year I don't even know anymore. It's sad that I'm legit questioning this dude's leadership and priorities but it is what it is

11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

If people cant see its our coach by now you never will. Its a reason why our "former" players get to an actual productive system and flourish. (Montrezl) comes to mind.

Crashlanded19 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Jazz game is the only enjoyable game for the whole month.

Wonder why....

malakas and abaker28 like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That def should have been a foul on whiteside .. no way harden has you 1 on 1 in transition like that and doesn't score or get a foul .

Speaking of whiteside he ALWAYS dominates Clint.

Coming off as good of a performance as we had vs Utah ... i am pissed we havent sustained any of that momentum. Our team DGAF right now . Hopefully they turn it on after the ASB . that will be the only rest we get too .

I'm glad tilman didnt extend MDA ... but if its causing mda to not give a **** like this then I'd rather he just fired him

malakas likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Portland matches up better

15. malakas

malakas Member

That's the problem
    Can anyone in this team tell Harden to sit down when he wants to play? Morey, MDA, Tilman cannot.

Mathloom likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

hey ariza come back to hou

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden...is looking really bad....every pass is bad EVERY single one.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm beginning to wonder if we're even going to make the playoffs

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The vast majority of criticisms I had with Harden seemed like were permanently resolved in 17-18. He was in excellent shape also.

He's regressed since.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I bet they wouldn't play so bad if they were healty, James always owned the Blazers in the last seasons, and Whiteside just isn't a positve player out there, he gets his rebounds and makes some blocks because he's huge but at this point is well knows he's more of a negative for his team, there's a reason why the Blazers have been so bad this season, and it's not just because of Melo and Aminu/Harkless leaving, it's also cause they swapped Nurkic with Whiteside. I'm pretty sure if we were healty we would be easily up in this game.

malakas and HP3 like this.