1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Fan Interest in the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Rockets were much much better off keeping CP3. Could easily have used the assets we packaged with CP3 to get some complimentary pieces. Westbrook is simply not the right fit for a team like the Rockets.

Lurch, YOLO and Sajan like this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yup. It’s like watching game of thrones now knowing how it ends.
    We had two opportunities to go to the finals.
    one was the series we missed 27 threes.
    the other was last year when Durant missed those games.
    We are not going anywhere with this roster. I lost interest but i am still keeping an eye on the standings. The actual games are boring as fk

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

The Rockets are my favorite sports team. That said **** them. Just like the Texans pre-Watson I need change.

crimsonghost and Sajan like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Rockets don’t feel like a team this year, just a bench of scrubs to save taxes...

J Sizzle and Sajan like this.
  5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

We suck. Go find a hobby

realonemo, Sajan and J.R. like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't blame anybody for not being interested in a team that can't be bothered to give consistent effort

persian hoopa, Pat and crimsonghost like this.
  7. Asian Sensation

Year 8 of the Harden experiment. We’ve already seen his best and this teams best. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough before and he nor this team are as good as the previous couple of years. Every year ends in disappointment one way or another. Trading CP3 for WB isn’t exactly a move that encourages confidence. Quite the opposite actually.

J Sizzle and gumbleton3 like this.
  8. danielsh126

danielsh126 Member

Ding ding ding......Unfortunately this is why many fans just dont care anymore....If the players are not going to play hard every night why should the fans care?

9. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

We don't want to admit it but Houston are just an ugly side to watch. No one wants to watch Harden shot a million free throws a game and chuck non stop threes. Same goes with the rest of the team, hoisting 3 pointers is just not good to watch.

Pat and GotGame15 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

So Rockets fans are finally coming around to what the analysts, experts, other fans & basically rest of the NBA said years ago. The Rockets play a boring, ugly style of basketball that isn't fun to watch. :D
    Glad everyone is on the same page now.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

2017-2018 was good enough. They should have won a ring. The team was built perfectly and they were all in to win. I respect that, just an unfortunate break with CP3 going down.

This team does not get respect. Cheaped out in almost every situation and does not give real effort even half the time. The window appears to be shut on this era.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Your friends and your hangs are not urban enough...

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets have a "I Don't Give A F" energy that they give off to the fanbase so the fanbase is unintentionally returning the favor.

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I really believe that's where we are

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

The team sucks. I’ve probably watched less than 5 games this year. Actually I’m sure it less than 5 lol. But that’s ok

Even the years when all we had was Lowry scola and k mart were more fun to watch .

GotGame15 likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When AB was our starting PG, and right before Lowry was about to be discovered as the better player, I came over from Australia and hunkered down in Houston to watch 8 games.

They only won one of those games and I didn't even care.

Loved watching them play because Lowry and Scola would scrap every second of the game.

Coming back for the first time since. Only watching one game this time around. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on this.

GotGame15 and Rodman23 like this.
  17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Still early! Give it time. Hoping bench could do more!

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I think I remember you! Yea bro those teams were great it was so fun rooting for the underdog, call me crazy but I always hoped they made it in the 8th seed instead of the 14thpick even if they had a 1 percent chance of advancing.

No wasted possessions. Good times.

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Scola could help train capaela and maybe show house a few moves in the post.

Scola did better than capeala in fiba! #justSaying

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

For me, it's not just the Rockets, it's the NBA as a whole. First year of my life i've barely watched basketball. It's an arcade game now and if i wanted that, i could just pick up a video game. I've spent more time this season watching old school games and player highlights than current games this season.

GotGame15 likes this.