1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Asian Sensation

We can add all the depth we want... unless Harden miraculously reverts back to his 2017 form it’s not going to matter.

saleem and CK Johnson like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Zero chance Memphis trade Clarke, too good to give up, they basically have their big 3 set with him, JJJ and Morant.

Still can't believe we could've get him with Butler this summer if only Jimmy would've come here, Rockets are not lucky,.

lilbird20, fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  3. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Random, off the cuff trade idea, not really thought through. I love Capela so probably wouldn't do it since we have him for a few years on a nice contract:
    Rockets: Capela, Nene, Thabo for
    Nets: Wilson Chandler, DeAndre, Joe Harris

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Can DeAndre still play at all? I haven't watched him in awhile

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's not what he was anymore, and even if he was still at his best he wouldn't be worth to swap Capela for him.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Couple players that spark my interest - Lauri Markkanen and Bradon Ingram. Both on teams currently outside the playoff race and in the process of reloading. Both have contracts "in our price range":

Markkanen $5.3m

Ingram $7.3m.

Really wonder if either could be available .... Lot of posters here talking about giving up multiple #1's for Covington who is probably out of our price range and is really just a 3 here either of these guys could play 3-4 and even some 5.

Multiple 1s' is going all in .... and I want a better player than Covington if that's the case.

Just wonder if either of those teams - well out of the playoff race would let those guys go for picks and garbage contracts .... In the case of Markkanen Thabo and Nene get it done salary wise. Ingram is a little more complicated but still attainable.

Thoughts ?!

clutchdabear and withmustard like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Those are two of the most untouchable players in the league, brother. Don't get your hopes up

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not happening, why would they want to move those guys? They're both top 2 players in their teams.

Regardless, "multiple 1st rounder" = two 1st rounders, we can't trade more than that, and unless we make them unprotected, their value just isn't that high. For example, i don't think the Rockets would trade two unprotected picks for Covington, maybe the one of this season, but no way they trade the 2022 unprotected.

If you want something better then Covington from the go, i really feel like it's not happening, i can't even think about guys that good, cheap enough for us and available in that spot...we might be able to trade for some rookie scale players with upside (Troy Brown jr is a guy i'd personally like to get, i doubt Washington is willing to give him up so early but you never know i guess, think about how it ended with Oubre and Porter...), but yeah.

saleem likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Last year I'd have bought that on Markkanen .... but he hasn't been as productive this year. That team isn't good and he's no "superstar". Cant believe that they wouldnt entertain the idea of parting with him for 2 #1's

Ingram .... I don't think New Orleans is married to the idea of keeping him long term. They are a long way from contenders.

10. sogood.

sogood. Member

Based on what? He's averaging 26/7/4 while shooting 48 from the field and 40% from 3, why would they trade him?

MrSabotage likes this.
  11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Denzel Valentine can be had for a very cheap price, not sure he’s good tho.

JamalP. likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They are 16-26 , 4.5 games out of the 8 spot. They aren't gonna be contenders for a couple more years at least.

Ingram's playing well solid numbers on a career high usage rate (30ish).... but you have to wonder if he is in their future plans as they will surely be building around ZW.

What's their timeline ? Ingram's got this year and next left on his deal. Is he part of the plan or an asset ?

Sure wouldn't hurt to pick up the phone and ask. 2 #1's and contracts they can cut I think they at least listen to the offer.

The Rockets options are really limited to players making that amount or less .... It was just an idea.

clutchdabear and withmustard like this.
  13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I get why you would think that NO would sell high but I don’t think the Rockets package would put them in the ballpark.

Lauri is an interesting name based on if the Bulls keep their coach.

MrSabotage likes this.
  14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Is this based only on Clutch's speculation? Do you have anything credible?

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He's in the doghouse for seemingly no reason. He'd be solid off our bench.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

C’mon, get real. They’re ADDING not subtracting. Some kid joins them next week, a Zionist. NOLA expects to be real good real soon, as early as next year. That’s THEIR timeline.

MrSabotage likes this.
  17. sogood.

sogood. Member

So the way to continue rebuilding would be to trade your 22 year old star for a couple late first round picks?

Your proposal is just straight up delusional.

MrSabotage likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Realistic 4/5 options who would really help depth and wouldn't take a ton of money or draft assets.
    - Jonah Bolden
    - Dario Saric
    - D.J. Wilson
    -Harry Giles

Realistic 3/4 options who would really help depth without breaking the bank in assets.
    - honestly? None. These guys don't grow on trees and it's going to take a random guy we don't know to sprout out of nowhere or for the Rockets to send out a lot of capital.

The 3/4 guys that I would love the Rockets to make a move on
    - Robert Covington (difficult with his contract and the fact that he's probably the best player clearly on the block, someone is going to overpay and I' don't think it's Morey)
    -Matisse Thybulle ( this is my #1 target but he's probably too good to move)
    - Kelly Oubre ( I don't think Phoenix would move him, I would offer the same package for RoCo for Kelly)
    - Justise Winslow ( I don't think Morey can make a trade with Riley at this point)
    - Kevin Knox (are the Knicks ready to throw in the towel on him?)
    - OG Anunoby (nah, not happening)
    -Brandon Clarke (nah, not happening)

I see avenues that are clear to improve the 4/5 without using too many assets but the 3/4 is a different situation. It may be time to start playing Harden as a 4 more to clear up some depth issues. At 6-5 with a 7 foot wingspan and a big body, he's got the size. He also is a great post defender and would face slower players making it easier for him to get out on the perimeter. The team doesn't have a true small forward on the team except Danuel House and doesn't have a true power forward on the team except PJ Tucker. This team is a bit of a mess right now.

D-rock and BigBum like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

Nene, Ben & 2RP (cash to buy out Nene)
    For
    Bolden and Korkmaz

76’s get a revised Bennie Mac for the offense they lack at times and a open roster space for Pelle. Plus a 2RP.

We get taller and younger... a more rounded/clutch player Korkmaz and a youngster with the skill set to play our system on both sides of the court at the big forward spot.

sidenote: thank you Nene for your service; much respect & happiness.

JamalP. likes this.
  20. BigBum

BigBum Member

They might demand 2022 First.