1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets v Refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 9, 2019.

1. jb86

jb86 Member

All because of that chinese s***... Smh

2. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I saw the same things last night and a few other times this season. One thing I question is if the players really do fish for foul calls rather than trying to make a bucket. I recommend watching the game from the TNT backboard angles. It's really enlightening. I feel a lot less impartial when I come to my conclusions: either refs hosed us on that play; or EG and Harden need to stop fishing for calls.

What drives me nuts is when they implement their own gameplan or what the league calls "focus areas". It just so happened to be against the Grizz, but I remember the old Grizz games where they would call it completely different from other games just purely based on their reputation for "grit and grind". I hate that stuff. Sadly, these "focus areas" are from the league, not the refs. So yes, we're getting hosed by the league. Cowards.

fckbandwagons and Ramo$e like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Last night's officiating was very much one sided. Even some co workers today; casual NBA (non rockets/grizz) fans, who fan girled over Ja noticed.

League benefits when there are more mid tier teams scrap for 8th spot. Makes trade decisions tougher: maybe make a run and not shamelessly tank.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You have to be naive to believe this is not still going on.

RocketsFan247 likes this.
  5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

It was blatant really, phantom foul calls against rockets, uncalled fouls on Harden, and even a no call Morant travel that turned into a foul against Mclemore. I watched starting second half, but it was blatant. Sad really cause I want to love the game.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

that wasn't a travel. PJ hit the ball, so Morant is allowed to drop the ball and pick it back up. it was a stupid lazy foul by Bmac

#66 YOLO, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  7. caneks

caneks Rookie

Rockets is the #1 team in FTAs and we are complaining about refs? :eek:

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You can get the most free throws
    and
    You can still be hosed by the Refs

They are not mutually exclusive.

Rocket River

Ramo$e likes this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yes

10. omgTHEpotential

I don't think the Rockets get the worst refereeing. I believe I saw somewhere an article where it said Toronto has led the league in 'apologies by the NBA' by a wide margin in the last decade.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Raptors weren't contending nothing until they got Leonard. We've been shafted in some pretty important games.

12. omgTHEpotential

I'd argue the Rockets were real contenders only in 2017-18. The other years GSW weren't beatable.

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Sure bud, whatever you say. No one can beat GSW with the league and betting refs on their side. Lol

Rocket River likes this.
  14. TimV

TimV Member

There isn't a fan base in the NBA that doesn't think the refs are biased against them and all of them will provide ample proof.

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Of course. That's doesn't make it untrue. Fans complaining about Harden going to the line too much is not the same as swallowing the whistle in crucial moments in the playoffs or important season games. Most teams and fans haven't been as close as Rockets to have a valid argument.

#75 Ramo$e, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. We are not a contender anyway.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We are not? Why is everyone so depressed about regular season?

When we've won it as a 6th seed before. Knicks made it to the finals as an 8th seed. Either you believe or you don't. If you don't, why even post here, if it doesn't matter? I believe they are capable, but will the gambling ring of the refs and NBA allow it? I doubt it.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This Rocket team and the make up of Its stars are known for doing better in the regular season than the post season. With the championship Rockets, Hakeem was known for elevating his play in the post season.

So there is no reason to feel as if the Rockets will take it up a gear with the star and coaching staff make up of this team in the playoffs.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Is the league talent not more evenly spread than seasons prior? There is no reason not to believe they can't break through. I'm more worried about the coach not being able to elevate his game planning and play calling. Couple that with nefarious league and refs. Then we have problems.