1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans & Astros make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 12, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They haven't choked this season

{yet}

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Give it time.
    Also, Astros won it all.

daywalker02, Yung-T, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Astros have won 100+ games 3 years in a row and been to the world series 2 out of the 3 years. They are by far the best franchise in the city.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Football though maybe maybe no

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros didn’t choke and anyone that really understood the amount of random chance in the game would know that. The Astros are well above the Rockets and circling the drain is the Texans.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Rockets have more championships and more Finals appearances.

Astros are the best team in the city *currently*

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets have my heart, I just kick it with the Texans on the weekend, and the Astros are fries dipped in mayo

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Playoffs are coming and you will be let down.

#8 J.R., Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    PooleBoi7 likes this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Which is what I thought op was referring to (currently). Those championships are a quarter century ago and no one responsible for those rings are really here anymore. I guess you can count Clyde.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We choked Game 6 against Spurs. I appreciate the Rockets for not tanking, I think the Stros and Texans have tanked some way, or the other.

Ramo$e and Lawlruschang like this.
  11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

12. Mr. Space City

The rockets dont cheat either

burlesk and CK Johnson like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

The Rockets (minus Tillman) make me appreciate the Rockets

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Olajuwon is still involved in mentoring players and attends a ton of games. Matt Bullard also has a Rockets ring.

John Lucas, Calvin Murphy are still involved from past generations. Maxwell, Yao and others still maintain ties with the Rockets. Most former players speak fondly about the Rockets and H-Town.

This is a good organization that has had two championship* teams since 2000 that lost in 7 games to the eventual champs due to heavy injuries (2009 and 2018).

Btw, I hadn't realized Jeff Van Gundy was an assistant coach on the 94 finals Knicks team. Even our opponents still rep Houston!

burlesk likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Astros shouldn’t make you appreciate anything other than the Astros. That’s just dumb.

BeBreezy likes this.
  16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Trashgate and Taubman aside, the Astros clearly did not disappoint this year unless you're a bandwagon fan who thinks the best team in baseball should always win the championship or it's a disappointment.

The Texans shouldn't be a disappointment because no one thought they could beat the Chiefs coming into the year. If you thought they should've gone to the Super Bowl you clearly have not watched any Texans game since the beginning of the franchise.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know enough about baseball to know how good the astros are (cuz it's not a real sport), but I know that two years ago, the Rockets were an unbelievably good team while healthy, won a franchise record 65 wins, and were one injury OR one Scott Foster away from beating the most unprecedentedly stacked team of all time en route to a championship. And they weren't all that far off last year, either.

There's almost no measurable way the Astros could be better "by far".

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Astros won a championship recently and Texans haven't done **** so it's not a true comparison in my opinion. Texans need to win a super bowl first to make the Texans/Astros comparison

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Astros won a World Series two years ago and advanced to another this season. The other year? They lost in the American League Championship Series, or the equivalent of losing in the Western Conference Finals. That run is superior to what the Rockets have accomplished the past three seasons. It’s not a knock against the Rockets, either.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member