1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I mean, yes that key play was him creating something out of nothing. It's just an objective fact.

As far as "incorporating him into the run game and moving Hopkins" that basically didn't work.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Don't ruin my jinx. I want to be called a idiot at the end of this.

3. Buck Turgidson

I love this, btw.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That's not what you posted. Here's what you posted:
    The "key play," which, yes, was Watson doing something extraordinary, netted 3 points; not 22.

The Texans' first touchdown was a *designed* 20-yard Watson run; their 2-point conversion was a *designed* Watson run. And Hopkins was held catchless in the first half; once they moved him back outside, he finished 6/90, including a 41-yard completion on the go-ahead touchdown drive in the 4Q.

I mean.......... maybe take a moment to think about the position you're taking here: you're arguing two definitive changes that objectively worked... didn't work....

We're through the looking glass here, people.......

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes they made the dumb call to not use Hopkins properly in the first half. Hence zero points.

It netted 3 points because it was overtime and they didn't need a TD. They kicked a field goal on first down.

19 points in regulation, and even that because they had to go and get 2 twice.

Basically 3 scores in regulation (one in a short field off a turnover)

That's not good offense. It sucks

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

One nice thing about living in 49ers land is that I get to hear the Steve Young show on KNBR radio every week -- he's just (to me) a very entertaining and knowledgeable guy.

I can't find the clip online right now, but yesterday, as just a small part of the show, he crushed BoB when asked about the Texans. He said the first half was just torture for the game of football. It was something like: "For crying out loud. Bro. It's 2019, not 1979! Try a little something. Let your quarterback MOVE."

It will eventually be available here:
    https://omny.fm/shows/knbr/playlists/the-steve-young-podcast

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Lol the most points scored in regulation by any team in wild card weekend was 20. Guess all the offense sucks.

rugg31 likes this.
  8. rugg31

rugg31 Member

I pointed that out in another reply as well. Using regulation time, only the Texans at +2.8 and the Saints at +1.1 scored more points versus the defensive average points per game given up during the regular season. Everyone else scored below what the opposing teams gave up during the season. Points were tough to come by during Wild Card Weekend! As bad as the Texans offense looked during the first 2.5 quarters, it could be said they put up one of the better, if not best, offensive performance of the past weekend based on points scored and opponent.

Win and advance!

9. conquistador#11

I've heard him make that point in another game and the lack of misdirection after the Panthers game, I believe.

Also, the Fohhhking Billy boys may not like this article but it's a very in depth one regarding the blitzing thrown Deshaun's way since last season:
    https://www.riversmccown.com/2020/01/09/deshaun-watson-hot-reads-and-the-bill-obrien-offense/
    It's not just this season but earlier last year this guy was complaining that the hot routes for the Texans are not well designed.

That said, I'm cheering for BO'bs to place stubbornness aside along with the patriot way and put forward the best game plan of the season catapulting this franchise to its first AFC title game.

Houstunna, havoc1 and B-Bob like this.
  10. havoc1

havoc1 Member

That is a great article that I think highlights why the offense gets bogged down so often. Thanks for sharing it.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Rivers is an awesome follow on Twitter. I would pay for his site if I had to.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Man watching these titans has me thinking we kept the wrong coach but if we win tomorrow and beat the titans it won’t matter

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I am holding out hope that with Fuller, Billy O will pull out all the stops and dust off Rookie Deshaun.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Soon come

15. xaos

xaos Member

Give this man an extension! :D

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What are you ****ers going to do with all those Brian jokes now, Brian?

Nook and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't care if we win today. BOB has got to go.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Even when ahead/winning, this coach does the stupidest sht.

19. xaos

xaos Member

Fire this man! :D

red5rocket, gatsby and B-Bob like this.
  20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

THIS STUPID MOTHERF*****

WON'T GAMBLE ON 4TH AND 1 AT CHIEFS 14 YD LINE... BUT GOES FOR FAKE PUNT ON 4TH AND 4 FROM OWN 30. F*** YOU

#5000 Richie_Rich, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    BamBam, verse, Nook and 8 others like this.