1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

OKC didn't have to trade either, they could have traded Ibaka. Ibaka is the one they chose over Harden,

2. fattz

fattz Member

Boston
    In: Capela
    Out: Smart & SRP
    Gets the big they want

Orlando
    In: Smart, FRP, SRP &(Houston filler)
    Out: Gordon
    Gets front court help; opens room for the youth; Saves cap space

Houston
    In: Gordon
    Out: Capela, FRP & filler
    Gets size and defense and second/third option

Westbrook + Harden + House + Gordon + Hartenstien —> Rivers + Gordon + Tucker + Chandler = CHAMPIONSHIP

#562 fattz, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    D-rock and xaos like this.
  3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

People out here actually claiming we could start Isaiah and be ok.

saleem, D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's unbelievable lmao. Hartenstein is a clutz and won't ever amount to anything beyond a capable backup.

Fansince80 and saleem like this.
  6. dischead

dischead Member

Trade Eric Gordon for anyone, he's washed

7. fattz

fattz Member

Sure we would have some growing pains but he is locked in on rookie deal and his tomorrow is better than his today. We need front court help and Capela (game has some limitations) is our only tradable contract that has value for real help in return.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not like we absolutely must do a trade, the team overall looks pretty good so far, i don't really think a big trade is what we really need, and especially since we need help in the frontocurt, moving our only reliable center isn't exactly something you can do in a careless way, there's no guarantee that what we get back by moving Capela makes us better.

Personally, i wouldn't move him unless i get back a great player, and for great player i mean an all star caliber player that fits with out team. Moving him for a role player i don't know, for me it doesn't make sense unless there're other good moves lined up, but with our situation it's hard to imagine how we would pull that off.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Capela and FRP (we don’t have time to develop) for Aaron Gordon would be amazing. AG’s definitely an upgrade because he can defend multiple positions and well rounded offensive player. Ariza like with a much better offensive game. (Remember, Morey at one time thought Ariza was worthy of building a team around) Aaron Gordon is a lot more than just a role player, too. Aaron Gordon has never been on a team that has had super stars on it an his skill set blends well with both Westbrook and Harden.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Replacing Capela with Aaron Gordon on this roster would not make us a better team and I can’t for the life of me understand how you think it can. The fact that you wrote that after tonight’s game is even more baffling.

saleem, coyotetex and Vivi like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Gordon and would love to get him in a trade, but like Zoplicone said, swapping Capela for him isn't making this team better, Gordon is a mix of House, Clark and Gordon so, that's something we already have, just spread on more players. What Capela gives us is something no other player on this team can give us.

You know what would've been great? Getting Gordon by moving an expiring contract like Knight or Anderson plus assets like House, Hartenstein, Clark, picks...that would've been perfect, getting Gordon while keeping Capela, too bad luxury tax savings are the priority.

12. fattz

fattz Member

We can’t trade Westbrook. Capela and Westbrook don’t fit well together, Capela can’t finish games because of free throws and Tucker wants to get paid and is just finishing out his contract. Hartenstien will grow into his role if given the chance and fits with both Westbrook and Harden. Yes, he is soft but so is the league. Seeing Capela go off maybe we can get a FRP back instead of give one—> hope he plays like this till the trade deadline so his value goes higher.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I agree with your first sentence. We can’t trade Westbrook. But we also can’t trade Capela. So maybe we just have to stick with our current roster with minor tweaks and hope for the best. Obviously I’d prefer we got an impact player but at some point you have to be realistic.

saleem likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

the thing is that handing them a useless player on an expiring, mediocre-fringe end of rotation players, and low 1st round picks isn’t getting Gordon either...Idk why his name keeps getting brought up on here

saleem likes this.
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we trade Capela we have to be gettimg a serviceable big man+ solid asset(s) back..

I really just wsnt to consolidate Thabo/Green/Nene with a pick for a 3/4 bench upgrade and then give them time to gel.

16. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

Capela + House + Nene + 2 first round picks for Towns + Covington

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is just me, but i wouldn't bet on a similar package to be not good enough, Gordon is still young and is a solid player, but he's not a star in the making, he's a role player, and in Isaac the Magic have already another Gordon on a much cheaper contract. I'd say two future 1sts of an aging team are still a pretty solid return for that kind of production, especially if not protected and traded alongside some young and interesting players under control for few years and on cheap contracts.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Westbrook for Fournier and Vucevic

Harden / Rivers / Clemons
    Fournier / Gordon / McLemore
    House / Howard
    Tucker / Clark
    Capela / Vucevic / Hartenstein

ilias likes this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yet another horrible trade involving Brodie

fattz and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can’t trade him this season because of the extension.

dischead likes this.