1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honest but realistic take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 29, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets aren’t contenders.

Watching our competition play tonight and this team can’t hang unless we can fix the MDA problem and Russ recruits a Mon-Star to steal shooting baskets instead of brick castles. Hope James breaks 40ppg and gives us something in that regard. Such a pleasure having a generational player like him, shame this FO failed him.

da_juice, Lurch, bj3175 and 1 other person like this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is a pretty hot take considering 3 of our starters were out tonight but alright

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Heart is also a starter, and too was missing. Not to mention coaching woes.

“take the ball and do something harden” is not coaching. That’s independent of missing players.

Garlic mayo is legit, a lot of Mediterranean places serve it with fries. I’m a believer

ramotadab, ilovehtownbb and homewight like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Super hot. Spicy hot.

Sajan, HP3, KingCheetah and 7 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cool...anyways, how do people eat fries with mayo? I saw that recently and was disgusted.

jsilencio, HP3, pr0wler and 6 others like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am pretty sure I saw in the Game Thread that you did not watch the game

Rocket River

HP3, Patience, pr0wler and 12 others like this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think warriors will be eighth seed. I think Thomson will come back soon

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everybody has his own take do you really need to make a new thread for yours?

Also Richard Jefferson already said your take like a week ago so it ain't even new.

Patience, pr0wler, Boki4MvP and 2 others like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol look at players who come back from a major injury would be absolutely surprised if Thompson isnt hot trash when he comes back.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Whenever someone around here decides it's time to get "realistic" and "honest," you know they're hoping something has suddenly changed and now a few people will buy their questionable take.

#10 topfive, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If they are 1st seed, we need to face warriors again. I think Denver's is wicked, they will be 2nd seed

12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

All those starting players... played against the Warriors emergency team, right?

Boki4MvP likes this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

there are 'half full' fans, there are 'half empty' fans. seeing things w/ different perspect.
    one loves entertainment, the other cheers for tough guy. standing on different bandwagons.
    one chorusing moving on, the other crying sinking down.

14. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

u need to go to bed

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I just want a healthy roster.

Please, Basketball Gods. Give us what we deserve!

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. WestendMassive

Whack a bit of chipotle hot sauce in the mayo. Sensational

burlesk and ramotadab like this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I find it hard to believe that James had nothing to do with Russ coming to Houston, if so, that's not on the FO. James has to take some blame if he never gets a ring. Aside from that, I feel Tilman deserves the majority of the blame. Morey always stressed flexibility, which Tilman stole from him in exchange for dollars. Tilman acted penny wise and pound foolish by trading away our ability to upgrade for money. Also, if KD hadn't ruined the league, Morey would likely have built a championship team, maybe multiple times. I won't even begin to rant about the refs fixing games 6 and 7 in 2018 against the Warriors, or CP3's untimely injury.

If James doesn't get a ring, the last person that deserves blame is Morey. Sure not every deal he made was perfect, but he consistently thought outside of the box to give his team an edge, and always swung for the fence. I'm convinced that if Silver didn't block Nene's contract and Les was still the owner, we would be the title favorites right now. Morey rebuilt this team without any tanking, something that you rarely see in any sport. As lucky as we've been to have Harden, in many ways we've been even luckier to have Morey. Morey's record as the Rockets GM over the last 2 decades has been Pop-esque.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

think its a scandinavian thing they go crazy for mayo over there

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets aren't contenders. They need Harden to have epic games just to beat lowly Nets etc. Harden is carrying us to wins it's simply not going to work against better teams in the Playoffs. The only way I will believe the Rockets are contenders is when Harden has 20 pts and we are still up by 20 cause the rest of the team is playing well.