1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most embarrassing loss in the Harden Era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Texanstradamus

Spurs game 6 set the franchise back do losses like these are more expected now

Phillyrocket likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm chalking this up as our Xmas gift to the Warriors!

rhee likes this.
  3. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

The real Westbrick will always show up no matter how much he fools us for a few games with the good Westbrook. I miss CP3.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Not even close. There was a game we were leading the Knicks by 30 with about three minutes left and Tim Hardaway Jr. outscored us 35-2 down the stretch.

There was a game in Minnesota - the Timberwolves were missing every player from their rotation and had to hire a bunch of D-League players for the weekend and they just beat the hell out of us wire to wire.

There was the game in Miami this season where Miami came out and beat us by forty in the first six minutes.

I don't know how factual these memories are, but the nightmares are very, very real.

rhee, icewill36 and fryjol7 like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The first game was actually against the Hawks when they had Tim Hardaway Jr. I remember that because I watched it to watch us beat Dwight Howard.

The second game was against the Pelicans last year. AD was out. Jrue was out. Randle was out. Jahlil was out. Niko was out. Someone else kinda important for them was out but forget. I remember this game because I had the Rockets winning as part of a 3 game parlay and the other two went my way and of course this happened.

But your point is taken. Both happened.

HP3 likes this.
  6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

You're right, it was the Hardaway with the Hawks, not Hardaway with the Knicks. But I really am talking about a Minnesota game. The joke was we called them the D-Wolves instead of the T-Wolves because they were playing practically all D-League players. I had managed to forget the Pelican game.

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

at least the pelicans are beating denver

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It may be the most embarrassing, just because it was on national TV and against the team that knocked us out the last few years.

There have certainly been several losses just as bad in the last couple of years.

Game 6 and 7 weren't embarrassing at all man lol, c'mon. That was Harden going 1 on 8.

Tfor3 and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

The second most embarassing loss.
    It wan't just a regular season loss it was a christmas game against the worst team in the league with a decimated roster, when all eyes were on us.

J Sizzle and HP3 like this.
  10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Washed Morey doesn't want to make significant trades. Washed Morey is too scared to fire MDA because they "almost beat the Warriors that one time." This organization is a laughing stock.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

game 6 2019: no durant, curry hurted his finger, we choked.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Defense takes effort. When defense collapses it is for lack of effort. Lack of effort is inexcusable. If fans care more than players, that is a coaching/management/ownership problem. I still say and will always say, working for the high percentage shot is still the essence of successful basketball along with aggressive defense. The Rockets do neither.

The Rocket's approach involves "star power" and "bombs away." When those aren't working, game over.

#52 solid, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    J Sizzle likes this.
  13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the sky is not falling...just cause the warriors have a bad record doesn't mean anything. fact is they played great defense. kerr knows our team in and out. knows eric Gordon is out. Russ had a bad game. Our defense is still bad. they moved the ball and played great as a team. They've got some young athletes without a name but that doesn't mean anything.

they were doubling harden at half court. our role players weren't hitting in crunch. it is what it is. it happens.

eric Gordon is a crucial piece on our team and its exactly why we paid him. once his A game is back in the playoffs we won't see this.

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I teally wish we had a leader on the floor - Harden is just not it.

Amazing scorer but coasts so often and team feeds off his low energy.

i dont believe a Harden led team will ever win a ring.

DD

solid and dmenacela like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bingo. We're paying someone $34 specifically to "do something, anything" when Harden is being doubled and tripled.

People who say we need more depth don't realize just how much Westbrook cost to acquire.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. jcmoon

at least our leader doesn't demand trades or go to the next hot city to form superteams.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Embarrassing losses is hardens middle name

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, sort of Harden demanded we get Westbrook which basically screwed up any chance Morey had of building a team that fit around Harden.....so yeah, he may not have demanded a trade yet, but he set it up to where the Rockets under him can't win.

DD

19. jcmoon

I think its fair to say that it is what it is. if he can't get along with CP3 how do you expect them to coexist? we weren't going anywhere with him either. why not blame Tilman?

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get used to it with Tillman, Morey, and MDA. Small ball and small salary mentality.