1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure i was one of the few guys that wasn't sure about the "We're not trading CP3", especially after all those rumors about him and Harden came out i could actually see that happening, but i think there's no way we're trading Westbrook, some of you guys have to understand Harden wanted his friend here, how can you even expect the Rockets to trade him? Harden will ask for a trade the same day that happens unless he's for some reason on board with that, and that's not going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

D-rock likes this.
  2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  3. realonemo

realonemo Member

Crowder or Bullock. They only make 7 mill.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I know Crowder is a favorite but he really does not provide what the Rockets need, a starter over 6'6. Crowder is same height (6'5 to 6'6) as Tucker who is not quite the lock down defender or 3 point shooter.

Both Crowder and Tucker are bull dogs on D who use their strength, effort and positioning but Crowder has even less wingspan than PJ (6'9 vs. 6'11) so length gives him trouble.

Semi Ojeleye or Keita Bates-Diop similar players to JC but are taller, younger, more athletic with longer wingspans. More importantly are cheaper.

Richaun Holmes is great back up 5, bit shorter than Clint (6'9 vs. 6'10) but it's the rim protection due to length difference (7'1 vs. 7'4 wingspan) plus rebounding and offensive disparity that worries me.

Guys like Noel & Rob William's are as taller/taller with same wingspan or greater. Both are similar run jump athletes as well.

I think Khem Birch is similar to Holmes but cheaper option.

And any trade for Clint would require near all star in return IMO.

#504 D-rock, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Trade 1
    Houston Out:
    Sefolosha
    Houston In: Dillon Brooks [14.3 pts, 3.3 rebs, 2.0 ast, 35.9% (3P%), 82.2% (FT%)]
    x
    Memphis Out: Dillon Brooks
    Memphis In: Sefolosha
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wupu4r2

Trade 2
    Houston Out: Nene/ Gerald Green (trade in mid Jan due to Nene)
    Houston In: Markieff Morris/ Christian Wood
    x
    Pistons Out: Markieff Morris/ Christian Wood
    Pistons Out: Nene/ Gerald Green
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzsuxlmu

*Note trade failed using House/salary; but House salary approx $1M more than Nene.
    Pistons asked to cut $1M to make trade work. Enter Nene.
    [Markieff Morris: 11.0 pts, 4.0 rebs, 1.6 ast, 41.6% (3P%), 74.4% (FT%)]
    [C Wood: 9.2 pts, 5.0 rebs, 0.6 ast, 42.9% (3P%), 61.4% FT%)]

Roster
    Westbrook/Rivers/Clemons (2-way Player)
    Harden/Gordon/McLemore
    House/Dillon Brooks (6’7”)
    Tucker/Morris/Wood
    Capela/Chandler/Hartenstein

Currently Pistons are on the bubble (looking in). Perhaps they want to be sellers soon.
    D’Antoni, let me introduce you to possible 12 man rotation without excuses

#505 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    ilias and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I like how you offered no justification on the first trade, just the second. Haha jk. But Memphis is very high on Dillon Brooks. We can’t offer them anything they would want unless we end up giving up too much.

D-rock likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We can’t offer much of anything for anybody for Pete’s sake. Capela, Tucker, House, Westbrook, Gordon are not
    going anywhere. Be surprised if Rivers/McLemore get sent out.

Only reason Nene and Gerald Green occupy roster spots are for the sake of trade. Lisfranc Fx plus surgeries ended
    Yao Ming’s career....yes multiple surgeries for Yao, but nothing for Green to just laugh off. He really
    needs to be thinking about seasons to come.....don’t do a Durant.

Clemons is valuable in some eyes but his contract is a small 2-way deal. Possibly Grizz like him and dump Nene/Green?

Hartenstein is valuable in that you can’t teach height, very active, and has potential to hit 3’s.

Gary Clark ( notice I left him off the roster ) included in trade has potential to be a decent role player.

Tyson Chandler might be traded;; but Rockets love his locker room presence.

Basically picks are what we have. And Memphis reason for selling is the same as Pistons.....out of the playoffs and
    Brooks is a restricted free agent that they may lose.

What I’m basically saying is the Rockets have a better chance of doing two small deals than that infamous one
    big deal that Rockets fans are always salivating for. That 3rd big star is not coming. House/Clemons
    may have to grow into that. If they stick around.

Erbnwarfare and BaselineFade like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d
    With all the Rockets fans attention on $17M dollar Iggy....others may fly under the radar.

Morat/Clemons backcourt could be very dynamic for years to come. Clemons provides space for Morant
    to operate. Attention on Morant allows Clemons to slip behind the defense for some sweet lobs by Morant.

Just takes one coach or GM to fall in love with a player. Just saying.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I agree that we don’t have many options. But dude the Dillon Brooks thing is not an idea. It’s just impossible. Memphis are not like the Pistons. They are a young team on the right track. Doesn’t matter if he has free agency coming up. They’re not just going to give him up just because of that.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Been listening to a lot of trade talk podcasts. The next couple of months are going to be brutal for us. We’re just going to have to listen to a whole bunch of names coming up and watch a whole bunch of teams add players without giving up much and we’re going to do very little. I just want the trade deadline to pass already.

EDIT: On the bright side we will be getting EG back and he is a good player that will make us better. This is why I am hoping we end up turning House and filler into someone slightly better and possibly with more size. I wouldn’t mind seeing House go if it means getting Crowder or one of Sacramento’s wings. Or maybe even Bertans. But House’s contract is more Tillman friendly. F**K

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade #1
    SAC: Thabo Sefolosha, Gary Clark, Isaiah Hartenstein, two SRP

HOU: Harry Giles (6'9 7'3 wingspan, option not picked up - UFA in 2020), Justin James (6'7 6'8 wingspan - former 2019 2nd rounder w/min playing time)

Trade #2
    OKC: Danuel House

HOU: Noah Vonleh (6'9 7'3 wingspan), Keita Bates-Diop (6'8 7'2 wingspan)

Trade #3
    OKC: Tyson Chandler, FRP

HOU: Nerlens Noel (6'10 7'4 wingspan)

Rockets get younger, longer and more athletic - high energy infusion and improved perimeter D, rim running, rim protection, rebounding (w/Russ) and rim rolling (w/Harden).

Giles, James, Bates-Diop and Noel all play fast, above the rim and physical.

Westbrook/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/EGordon
    Tucker/McLemore/James
    Giles/Bates-Diop/Vonleh
    Capela/Noel/Giles

*Nene, Tucker and/or Clint can be used for bigger trade(s) later if right player(s) become available.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Maybe. No way we would get Harden either.

All of these trade ideas are far fetched. Especially teams that are buyers like the Clippers giving a
    fellow contender a player like Lou Williams, Montrez or R Holmes.

#512 ApacheWarrior, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  13. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Jerami Grant is being under used.get it done Morey.

14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s3vdkmy

Mitchell Robinson is as close to Clint clone as anyone. Marcus is extremely solid on both ends, and is playoff and battle tested. He's close to a 37% 3 point shooter for his career, and is currently shooting close to 48%. He's the perfect fit next to PJ. This also keeps him away from the Clippers. They slipped in and stole J Green from us last year. Time to return the favor.

Giles is a wild card. He has fallen out of favor in Sacto, but still has a high ceiling. If he can develop and stay healthy, he could add Swiss army knife type of production from the back up 4/5 spot.

Everyone wants the long, tall, defensive minded, 3 point shooting 3/4 or 4/5. Unfortunately they all seem to be out of our price range unless it involves Clint. So it's basically either add some very small pieces that may or may not help, or take a shot and go for a larger deal. Morris fits the profile of everything that we say that we want, but the cost of losing Clint is steep. Robinson is as good of a replacement as we could ask for under this scenario.

Work out the picks. It's the Kings and Knicks so that part shouldn't be too hard. Use the Knicks for a srp that can go to the Kings for Giles. Knicks would want a first. Screw it.

I believe that Nene works as an alternate filler after Jan 15.

Westbrook/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/Gordon/BMac
    Morris/House or BMac
    PJ/Morris/Clark
    Robinson/Giles/Chandler

Jerry West is the type to go after Morris and Robinson. The Knicks front office is easy pickings. I would rather it be us.

#514 BaselineFade, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Gray_Jay and jb86 like this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think you meant Minnesota not OKC

D-rock likes this.
  16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I understand that if we want something of significance we have to give up something of significance, but I really think we’re ignoring how well Capela plays with Harden and how we have no evidence any 7 footer can just slide in there and replace him.

Remember when people said WCS can do what CC does. How’s he doing this year?

SRR21, dmoneybangbang and Vivi like this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Mitchell Robinson is a prize, they aren't trading him.

Vivi likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

So is Clint;).

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

REVISED

Trade #1
    SAC: Thabo Sefolosha, Gary Clark, SRP

HOU: Harry Giles (6'9 7'3 wingspan, option not picked up - UFA in 2020)

Trade #2
    MIN: Danuel House, Isaiah Hartenstein

HOU: Jordan Bell (6'9 7'0 wingspan), Noah Vonleh (6'9 7'3 wingspan), Keita Bates-Diop (6'8 7'2 wingspan)

Rockets get younger, longer and more athletic - high energy infusion and improved perimeter D, rim running, rim protection, rebounding (w/Russ) and rim rolling (w/Harden).

Bates-Diop, Giles and Bell all play fast, above the rim and physical.

Westbrook/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/EGordon
    Tucker/McLemore
    Bates-Diop/Vonleh
    Capela/Bell/Giles/Tyson

*Save FRP, Nene, Tyson, Tucker and/or Clint to be used for bigger trade(s) later if right player(s) become available.

**Add any buyout wing candidates.

***Sign 6'8 Lance Thomas (7'2 wingspan) or 6'10 Anthony Randolph (7'3 wingspan, burning it up for Real Madrid, still only 30)

Gray_Jay and BaselineFade like this.